Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by 700LH
If Yantis gun was the only 204 at the scene, and there was a 204 bullet found in the pavement.
That evidence would at least seem to impeach the deputies testimony.

If that is so, Won't a lie cast doubt to their entire statements be enough to be brought before a jury?

Nothing to say it was not fired days before and ended up on the road. Nothing to say it was fired from Yantis rifle. I am not taking sides, just saying there is no proof to being to court. .

Spent shell casing in the rifle and it appears that all the witnesses agree that he fired the rifle might have something to do with it. If a .204 round hits the road, there probably isn't going to be much left to definitively match the ballistics to a specific rifle.

That is my point. You know more about this but wouldn't it be hard to prove that bullet was fired by Mr. Yantis? He could have shot it at a coyote days before. Proving in court is little harder than saying here at the Fire even though we all believe it was that bullet.

All this comes down to what the DA could bring to court with a reasonable chance of winning. He said - she said won't cut it and there appears to be no cut and dried evidence either way.

I believe there was no cause for anyone but the bull to get shot but proving that would be near imposable.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!