Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

One example I am aware of served as a reserve officer in a tiny town for years until he finally became the least objectionable candidate for an open position in a dept. of three.

When the town dibanded their dept and contracted the county to take over police duties, this man transitioned to the county. He is now, thirty years later, a detective.

This, desite the fact that he is not smart enough to clear the chamber on a loaded pistol before attempting to disassemble it for cleaning. Thus he shot himself through the hand several years before becoming an employed officer.

And despite the fact that he attempted in Boise to thread his way through a traffic jam by placing a magnetic flashing light on top of his sedan. He was cited for "impersonating an emergency vehicle" by city police. Again several years before becoming an employed afficer.

This is not to say that I think he is typical of our police depts. The majority of our depts are comprised of smart, honest, ethical officers. But aberations are present.

IS is holding back. Unfortunately, there are other examples he could be piling on. The part that is puzzling is how the departments tolerate and cover for these types. But then, I guess it hurts to admit the mistake of hiring them in the first place. As usual, I blame management types for this - same as any other profession.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.