Well, Blue, you are entitled to your opinion about me. As for as my opinion of you, I offer this:

A couple or three years ago, on a thread similar to this one, in fact it was along about the first time you posted your "eat a bag of dicks" comment to me, I said this in response to another poster; "Naw.. Blue's a good kid. If any of my family ever have to call a cop, I hope one like Blue shows up". Makes no difference to me if you never saw it, it was not directed at you. I stand by that comment today. Nothing you have posted on these "bad cop" threads takes away from the fact that you appear to be a good Father, shooter, and outdoorsman, and I'm betting you are a good cop.

And I never heard of Jack Yantis until he was shot dead. But the information about him from his friends and family paint a picture of the kind of man he was.

I grew up among men like him, right down to the occasional DUI's. They were oilfield trash and cattlemen, for the most part. They were men's men and I vowed I would be like them when I grew up. I damn sure nailed the DUI part as a young man, and I like to think I got the rest of it right as well. So I identify with Jack Yantis.

And I've encountered cops like these two deputies. Their actions AFTER they shot Jack Yantis make the witness accounts of their actions prior to, and during, the shooting eminently believable.

And IF the witness accounts are to be believed, there is no way the deputies could have been in fear for their lives, which is the only justification they could have for shooting him.

So... if they walk, and they probably will, It will be a moral outrage.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place