Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by cv540

I guess when the rancher showed up with his "never back down" attitude as quoted by those who knew him, and he deployed a rifle, the deputies should have yelled to the injured people in the Subaru "just apply direct pressure, you probably won't bleed out" and let him do the whole Bull Whisperer thing for 10 or 15 minutes.

What is your theory as to what happened?

I think the rancher showed up to take care of the bull and fix fence.

And maybe Rambo the cop got confused and shot the old rancher.

I can't imagine in a million years that an old rancher would shoot me over a bull so why in the hell would I shoot him?

But that is just a GUESS.

How in the hell it got to the point of shooting people rather than communicating is beyond me.

My dad is 65(?) and has been self employed for over 40 years. Cows and farm.

He doesn't like to be [bleep] with but still knows better than to [bleep] with the police.

Take your chit and if need be, get even later in court or however else but NEVER get violent with an officer of the law.

One doesn't get old by being a dumbass and I highly doubt that Jack had any intention of causing harm to anyone.

I know my dad sure as hell wouldn't but then again none of us have met Jack or the cops. Somebody got goofy and someone died because of it, that is all we know.

Sad deal.

And I hope the people that hit the bull are going to be okay.

We check (highway)fence all the time, I would feel terrible if someone hit a cow and got seriously hurt or killed.

Not knowing first hand guessing , but think Sam has it right, prayers for the family. I have had cattle get out, how about anybody else??