Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by logcutter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
When you shoot somebody you have the obligation to render aid if they are still alive. Whether the deputies allowed the EMT's access or they did it themselves, the obligation was still there. Certainly if you as a citizen shoot somebody, you have an obligation to render aid unless you can't due to the wounded person still being a threat. It sounds like Yantis was totally incapacitated yet they evidently neither attempted aid themselves, or tried to get paramedics to. Nor did they allow his family to aid him. That's what the story is thus far.

That's right..Each of the deputies were required to have a first aid card that included CPR certification!

Interesting...... Regional differences.

I haven't been CPR certified in years. I've never held any "first aid card".

Yeah regional differences. Here you have to have first aid and CPR to be a cop. Of the thousands of calls I can't remember one where a cop rendered aid. That's not an indictment as they were dealing with their own responsibilities. Not to mention our response times usually precluded the need for them to wade into unfamiliar territory.

In Washington we have the "Good Samaritan" law that doesn't require a citizen to render aid But if they do render aid they cannot be sued regardless of what they do or don't do. Outside of brain surgery.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~