Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I want to know where the .204 bullet was found.

Two readings I'm seeing here. Yantis fired his rifle "at" the deputies or Yantis fired his rifle "in the direction" of the deputies. That would be the big difference between justified shooting and overreacting.

Guy shows up with a rifle, he's drunk with bad muzzle and trigger control and has an ND in their direction, deputies kill him for that.

OR

Guy shows up with a rifle, he's drunk and careless where he's pointing the rifle, the deputy or deputies say something to him which sets him off, he deliberately fires at them, they kill him for that.

Hopefully the full forensics report will show where they found that .204 bullet.

Or the deputies ordered Yantis to put the gun away, and being a stubborn old coot, he told them to pound sand.

And as family and friends reported over four months ago, the rifle discharged while Yantis was being assaulted by deputies.

Only way to know for absolute if deputies are telling enhanced and choreographed stories, or family is correct. recordings which apparently do not exist.

I have a tough time imagining there is no audio of this incident.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.