Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
This is the one item not in question. From written witness reports we do know Mr Yantis's rifle was definitely discharged at some point after a deputy laid hands upon him.

What is in question is where exactly the muzzle was pointed at that moment.

And I question also just how, self proclaimed, highly trained and experienced deputies could possibly believe they were in any danger from a bolt action rifle which had been discharged, but not cycled.

I can understand, possibly the mistake made by the deputy shooting Mr Yantis in the stomach after he made the mistake of laying hands on the man for no reason.

But I can find no excuse for the second deputy standing off at some distance who chose to pump four more rounds into Mr Yantis's chest.

The Sheriff's statements indicate one deputy used an AR. I understand the dangers of making an assumption, but I have a hard time imagining the first deputy grabbing Mr Yantis by the shoulder, then grabbing the rifle scope with one hand while simultaneously controlling his own rifle and firing.

It only makes sense that the first deputy had a pistol in his hand when he accosted Mr Yantis. And it makes sense that he fired that pistol by reflex when the rifle discharged in close proximety.

But the second deputy, if he chose at that moment to pump several rifle rounds into a man's chest who could not possibly bring lethal force to bear on him, is guilty of murder.

Were it private citezins who had shot a man under these exact same circumstances, they would be in jail right now awaiting trial. Instead, several weeks later the two deputies are sitting at home collecting their paychecks and accruing benefits.

Some might wonder if ISP has not released findings yet, because they are still searching for an appropiately sized Adams Co Sheriff's Office uniform with a 20 cal bullet hole and powder burns.

Another eyewitness who was at the scene. I hope they got your statement, or at the very least, a sit-down with you and Spence.

And have you seen the statements from at least two other star witnesses saying they don't know when or if Yantis' rifle was fired or not?