Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by logcutter
Every officer should chime in on a convicted poacher,even if he is a cop.Brian Wood is a loose cannon and has know respect for the law he was hired to uphold.

He is a guilty of poaching and other crimes yet is on paid leave as a sheriffs deputy..

04/05/2012 Disposition With Hearing
04/05/2012 Judgment Of Reimbursement - Idaho Dept of F & G
04/05/2012 Sentenced To Pay Fine 445.00 charge: I36-502(B) F/G-Wildlife-Unlawful Possession of
04/05/2012 Sentenced To Pay Fine 145.00 charge: I36-409(C) F/G-Game Tag-No Appropriate Tag
04/05/2012 Sentenced To Incarceration (I36-502(B) F/G-Wildlife-Unlawful Possession of) Confinement terms: Jail: 10 days. May substitute 200 hours of community service in lieu of jailtime
04/05/2012 Probation Ordered (I36-502(B) F/G-Wildlife-Unlawful Possession of) Probation term: 1 year. (Unsupervised)[/i]

What community hires a poacher to be a cop? That's ridiculous. (I am assuming that this is more than just a guy shooting at a legal game bird who accidentally hits a deer out of season and fesses up to the game and fish people.) Why should officers around the country express outrage at what the citizens of Idaho decided to hire to protect them? You got what you wanted and now want to complain.

A very good point.

Many of Idaho's smaller communities don't consider poaching to be more serious than skinny dipping. Most of them don't care to pay for quality service.

I wrote to the AG requesting an explanation for the delay in the Yantis investigation results a couple weeks ago. No response so far.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.