The two animals you filmed yourself shooting are not what I think of when I read about a BULL on the prod.

I neighbored a pretty large ranch for 25 years and was friends with the Manager.They had a real rough pasture of about 2500 acres and a couple old rogue bulls had taken up residence there.

Everytime they went to gather yearlings out of that pasture, some would take off with the old bulls.

The Manager and his son are real cowboys, and they kept a pen full of Border Collies, Lacys, and Blackmouth Curs that were as good a cowdogs as any that walked.

Trampas, the son, came over one day and asked what was the biggest rifle I had. At that time, the answer was a 416 Rigby, and he borrowed it and come cartridges.

His dad had finally gotten fed up with the two bulls and that morning, in preparation for a gather, he decided to shoot them and leave 'em lay. He had driven into the pasture and located the bulls, running with some yearlings.

David was a good shot, and maybe he was anxious to get 'em both at one settin', but he emptied the magazine on his 270 Win. into one of 'em and it still made it the half mile to the thicket where they always hid.

Trampas waited until the next day and went into the pasture horseback, located the remaining bull, and stalked close enough for a broadside shot with the Rigby, which downed the bull in his tracks.

The wounded bull evidently died back in that thicket.

You could google "Cox Mountain in Jack County Tx" and look at the North end of it. There IS a fence, but it got lost in that thicket at least by 1950 when my Grandpa worked on the ranch.

A riled up bull, or big hog like Miles mentioned, take a lot of killin'.

Regular slaughter animals........ not so much.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place