Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by jwp475
Not as clear cut as you think IMHO. I bet the office that tried to stop Mr. Yang is from shooting will claim that there were people in front of the bull as the rancher lined up to shoot the bull in the back of the head. The deputie either pull Yantis around or the the ranchers spun around, the rifle fired either on purpose or by accident, the officers felt they were fired and fired at Yantis

I'd wager that is what the report will indicate when complete

I'd not take that wager even though it seems unlikely there were people on the other side of the bull considering it's position on the edge of the road (from the picture posted earlier).
Something that been in the back of my mind.....even though it was in the heat of the moment yadda yadda yadda......wouldn't it have nice if the "experienced" officer would have thought for just one second about the fact that a bolt action rifle can't be fired a second time without working the bolt and at least demanded that Yantis put the rifle down before opening fire....
Yea I know......hindsight but......

Don't think for a minute that I believe this was handled correctly from the get go from my perspective a lot could have and should have been handled differently.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first