I've waited a while before speaking, and I'm sure that many will disagree! But, we have had far too many questionable incidents involving LEO's. I worked law enforcement for a short time many years ago, and while many officers are good,conscientious people there are also many not deserving to be in law enforcement. While,my suggestion will not eliminate all incidents such as this,I believe that it would reduce them. We should increase the salaries( by several 100%) of LEO's and have a strenuous "vetting " of prospective officers. We have many qualified people,who would make good officers, that will not put their families through the financial sacrifice to represent their community. These "qualified" people simply go into the labor force and work at a much higher wage! Yes, our taxes may go up to pay the salary increases, but I think that we'll have an improved LEO community! JMO. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024