Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by curdog4570

The "us against them mentality" on the part of LEO's can not be displayed more clearly than around this virtual campfire by the cops posting here.

Laffin'.......yeah, clearly just cops on display in that regard.

George
I can't speak for others but I've had a cop that I considered myself on congenial terms with make two disparaging remarks against me due to the Yantis homicide.

I'm assuming you may be talking about me and although I only recall making one disparaging remark toward you, I won't contest the fact...I get carried away sometimes.

My bag'o'dicks remark was on the thread about Yantis, but it certainly wasn't "due to the Yantis homicide". It was made because I fundamentally disagree with the notion that murdering the two cops based on newspaper articles is OK.

I personally take offense to that notion as a matter of fact because ignorant actions like that have resulted in the children of cops spending this Christmas without a dad. And macho statements like what Gene made only encourage more of that nonsense. I don't want to die any time soon, but if I do I want it to be in a hail of gunfire with badguys, not being ambushed by some coward on drive-by-media-fueled crusade like Gene advocated.

So when you say that Gene didn't threaten anyone, you're full of it. He advocated the murder of two people based on newspaper articles. Newspaper articles have also told us what a good kid Treyvon was, that global warming is going to kill us all and that the Obama administration isn't responsible for Benghazi. So pardon my skepticism.

Once upon a time newspaper articles told everyone in my community what a terrible person I was. They told everyone exactly what I did, but they never told why. And the why was important. The why, and knowing all of the evidence that the "news" didn't bother to report, is why it took a jury just a few minutes to rule in my favor.

And I had crazy people in my community posting the same nonsense that crazy Gene posted about these guys. They actively encouraged my murder based on the story that the news told, which wasn't even half of the truth of what happened.

Gene didn't directly threaten anyone to their face, but he did advocate their murder based on his hypothesis about their guilt. And that's a terrible thing to do, no matter how you slice it.

Spot on! No way to establish guilt or innocence simply by reading media accounts.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first