Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 175 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 174 175
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by pal

But a bad experience is so very much more unforgettable.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Obvious sound studio special/effects production number just to prove a point.

Sad attempt really.

Loved predator btw, thought Sharon Stone was great with her co-starring work in it.

Originally Posted by MadMooner

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy

No chit......Like the first porker I hadta kill. My 4-H pig. He was my highly-trained, housebroken pet/buddy. Dad said, your hog, your kill. I tooked careful aim, looked him in the eyes and my heart melted.... I turned my head and pulled the trigger. Got him right in that little round thing with 2 holes in it, on the end of his face. He squealed like a banshee,non-stop,(that really shook me up) and run into a farrowing shed, on the fight. Dad had to go in after him with a .38 pistol..... Never since.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The two animals you filmed yourself shooting are not what I think of when I read about a BULL on the prod.

I neighbored a pretty large ranch for 25 years and was friends with the Manager.They had a real rough pasture of about 2500 acres and a couple old rogue bulls had taken up residence there.

Everytime they went to gather yearlings out of that pasture, some would take off with the old bulls.

The Manager and his son are real cowboys, and they kept a pen full of Border Collies, Lacys, and Blackmouth Curs that were as good a cowdogs as any that walked.

Trampas, the son, came over one day and asked what was the biggest rifle I had. At that time, the answer was a 416 Rigby, and he borrowed it and come cartridges.

His dad had finally gotten fed up with the two bulls and that morning, in preparation for a gather, he decided to shoot them and leave 'em lay. He had driven into the pasture and located the bulls, running with some yearlings.

David was a good shot, and maybe he was anxious to get 'em both at one settin', but he emptied the magazine on his 270 Win. into one of 'em and it still made it the half mile to the thicket where they always hid.

Trampas waited until the next day and went into the pasture horseback, located the remaining bull, and stalked close enough for a broadside shot with the Rigby, which downed the bull in his tracks.

The wounded bull evidently died back in that thicket.

You could google "Cox Mountain in Jack County Tx" and look at the North end of it. There IS a fence, but it got lost in that thicket at least by 1950 when my Grandpa worked on the ranch.

A riled up bull, or big hog like Miles mentioned, take a lot of killin'.

Regular slaughter animals........ not so much.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Unless you take out the brain. Then they die real quick-like.....

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A friend of my uncles made the mistake of placing a bucket of grain in the center of the barn, where the block and tackle were set up, with the idea that a quick shot to the head of the feeding steer was all of the preparation they needed to butcher it.

That was a terrible idea and after they finally got it killed, and surveyed the damage that 1500 Lbs of mad cow can do in a minute or two they understood why my grand father insisted on chaining them to the draw bar of a tractor before any of the shooting started.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by jimy

No chit......Like the first porker I hadta kill. My 4-H pig. He was my highly-trained, housebroken pet/buddy. Dad said, your hog, your kill. I tooked careful aim, looked him in the eyes and my heart melted.... I turned my head and pulled the trigger. Got him right in that little round thing with 2 holes in it, on the end of his face. He squealed like a banshee,non-stop,(that really shook me up) and run into a farrowing shed, on the fight. Dad had to go in after him with a .38 pistol..... Never since.

My Stepfather had fattened a couple of shoats. Came time to kill them, he let my brother and I each shoot one.

We all three went into the pen and Bill put feed in the trough. My brother took the SS 22 and dropped his, not even a squeal.

The second hog went right on eatin' and I shot him.... low in the snout.

The only time it is OK to leave the hog pen gate open is when you go in to kill them. Out the gate he went.

Our place bordered the Brazos River and down there he went. Bill finally cornered him and killed him.

THAT'S when I learned about "pink pork".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Unless you take out the brain. Then they die real quick-like.....

I've killed four beeves that I can think of. I was told to "make" an X from ears to eyes and shoot the X. I did and it worked. But none were riled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by norm99

and for the other idoit a 9mm will kill a bull SHOT PLACEMENT we regularly do cows and steers with a 22 cal,to the brain , body shots do not work.
norm

Did you tell that to the Barney Mini-Rambo's before they went off half cocked?

I'll paint a scenario.

It's dark. One of the first cold nights of the year. Bull gets out, as cattle get a little restless this time of year as feed quality goes down.

Bull gets whacked, maybe even knocked out. Deputies arrive on the scene, call in EMT's, direct traffic. Probably not dressed for the cold, they are very uncomfortable.

Bull comes to his senses, and starts doing what agitated bulls do. Rookies are faced with a 2,000 lb perp, and have no frame of reference on how to deal with a pissed off bull. They lose complete control of the situation and revert to training. I.E. empty the magazine.

Yantis shows up and tells them what idiots they are. Feelers are hurt. Yantis is yelled at as if he's the one being a dumb-ass. Yantis ignores the panicked Dudley's and shoots the bull properly. Leos are still in "control at all cost mode" and now shoot Yantis.

Speculation, but I am taking bets.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by pal

Shootin thru a metal gate? I don't think so. the ricochet would hurt.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hold on! I need to pop more corn!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've seen those HEAVY, and razor sharp pointed trocars BEND on bullhide, and have helped a vet use a big rawhide mallet to get one of the things between a bull's ribs.

So lots of shots to the chest where they won't over-penetrate kind of makes sense.

with 9 mm hollow points ?

.....having a hard time believing I just read that.

real head shaker, that one.

GTC

Sometimes you have to improvise with what you are equipped with, at the time. Not ideal, but probably not an option to say, "wait here" while I drive back to the station and get something different and more suited to the job.

(But maybe you and I should just mosey on down to the Pointless Arguments and Insult thread, cuz I think I see where this is going)

Improvise ?

Mister, you don't know a bull from your behind, and I seriously doubt you've ever shot or BUTCHERED one.

not an option to say, "wait here" while I drive back to the station and get something different and more suited to the job.

The fact that the Two deputies only had 9mm handguns in their units or immediately available while working in that particular area's a bit of a head shaker, too. Like they didn't have the first clue at what can be encountered there , by way of livestock and native wildlife.

"pointless",.....ya' know, that's a better handle for you than some esoteric aircraft designator....

....suits ya'.

GTC

"Mister, you don't know a bull from your behind, and I seriously doubt you've ever shot or BUTCHERED one."

Wrong...steers and hogs, and shot in the head with a .22.

"The fact that the Two deputies only had 9mm handguns in their units or immediately available while working in that particular area's a bit of a head shaker, too. Like they didn't have the first clue at what can be encountered there , by way of livestock and native wildlife."

I think it quite likely they had some type of long gun in their squads, don't know.

The post I made, that you jumped on was regarding a bull shot in England with an MP5. Probably all they had, or had trained with, and they made do with what they had.

Guess they could have said, "Wait here Nigel, and cover him with that Bloody Unsuitable MP5 while I drive back and get the trusty .303."

Are you a FIB? You never answered.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

You must eat very well! I envy you. smile

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Dutch

...Bull comes to his senses, and starts doing what agitated bulls do. Rookies are faced with a 2,000 lb perp, and have no frame of reference on how to deal with a pissed off bull. They lose complete control of the situation and revert to training. I.E. empty the magazine.

Yantis shows up and tells them what idiots they are. Feelers are hurt. Yantis is yelled at as if he's the one being a dumb-ass. Yantis ignores the panicked Dudley's and shoots the bull properly. Leos are still in "control at all cost mode" and now shoot Yantis.

Speculation, but I am taking bets.

Something along those lines was my bet, too.

If cover-up mode wins, it'll include a phrase like "...failed to comply with the Officer's lawful order to drop the gun...", which Dep. Fife has learned gives him license to murder in 2015. Just wild uninformed speculation on my part, of course. But that's my bet.

(And this is an argument for a whole 'nother thread, but the modern notion that a cop has any authority to issue orders is total BS from a Constitutional standpoint.)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Doesn't surprise me to see a bunch of east of the Rockies cops and their boyfriends saying stupid sh.it about things they know nothing about. The closest these folks like cv540,,RWE, dink, gitem and the various others get to a cow is rolling over and giving her a kiss goodbye on the way out the door.

I still don't expect the chickensh.its to realize that their attitudes are going to get them hurt or killed. Maybe that's for the best.

I didn't shed a tear for the POS hunter1960 and I won't when they meet their demise.

I'll save my sadness for innocent men and their families when the state sponsored thugs gun them down. I'll let my anger simmer until collectively we decide it's time for a change in the way we allow police to rule over the populace.

I am doubtful that this tragedy will do anything to change the us against them mentality. Just based upon the appalling remarks made by the cops on here I fear that any changes are going to mean a lot of blood spilled. Eventually, when they bleed more than those they are sworn to protect only then will change happen. There are a lot of cowards in the average rank and file and as the tide turns they'll be easy pickings for a populace that refuses to be ruled over.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Doesn't surprise me to see a bunch of east of the Rockies cops and their boyfriends saying stupid sh.it about things they know nothing about. The closest these folks like cv540,,RWE, dink, gitem and the various others get to a cow is rolling over and giving her a kiss goodbye on the way out the door.

I still don't expect the chickensh.its to realize that their attitudes are going to get them hurt or killed. Maybe that's for the best.

I didn't shed a tear for the POS hunter1960 and I won't when they meet their demise.

I'll save my sadness for innocent men and their families when the state sponsored thugs gun them down. I'll let my anger simmer until collectively we decide it's time for a change in the way we allow police to rule over the populace.

I am doubtful that this tragedy will do anything to change the us against them mentality. Just based upon the appalling remarks made by the cops on here I fear that any changes are going to mean a lot of blood spilled. Eventually, when they bleed more than those they are sworn to protect only then will change happen. There are a lot of cowards in the average rank and file and as the tide turns they'll be easy pickings for a populace that refuses to be ruled over.

You're done diddling the little neighbor kids awfully early today aren't you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Perhaps Quentin Tarantino is right....I think I'll go catch his movie to show my solidarity.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Damn, Aces, aint that a little rough? I mean that brush is a little wide for just one guy.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I was a little kid we were going to butcher a hog and split it with the neighbor. My Dad got a pan of grain and lead the hog into a side shed. The neighbor wanted to shoot it so my Dad gave him the .22 but the shot went low in the throat. The pig was running laps around the shed, squealing and bleeding. My Dad yelled for me to jump in the manger, grabbed the gun and put it down then chewed the neighbors ass. 50ish years later the memory is still vivid.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think a broad brush is necessary when talking about police corruption and misconduct. Based upon the standard answers by the cops here there are a lot of them that I believe represent all that I abhor. When the time comes if the "good" cops haven't been part of the solution they are part of the problem.

A big obstacle in fixing police corruption or misconduct is the silence taken by ordinarily good cops in order to protect a "brother in blue". As far as I'm concerned that silence or protection offered is tacit acceptance of a major problem. They'll be sorted out in the end.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 34 of 175 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 61 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.