Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow that is sweet.

I always wanted a mountain gun, it didn't even occur to me they made them in .41.

What a great combination.

The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i am waiting for rjm to bring it up or mention to you all the other kinds of .41magnum one can get envolved in. To help the addiction along a little.
I have a couple sets of hi end grips for them, taken off for rubber, just cause rubber sticks better in my hand and i didn't want to scratch up the good stuff.
The mountain gun i found(via rjm pointing it out) from a pawn shop here in phx, had a set of hi end grips made by some guy now deceased in oregon. I should put them back on mine and take a picture.
You do need a .41magnum saddle gun too.
I didn't think that gun would stay hidden until christmas. good for you.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
as to the flowers, my wife is not a flower type person. Usually when i infrequently bought her some, the question back is what did you do, you might as well tell me rather than trying to buy me off.
I conned her(convinced) her to shoot a qual for purchase of a garand years ago, back when you could only have one. The box arrived, and i said wow, great day for me to get another garand.
her comment was what do you mean, you, white man, i shot for it, it's mine. Minor techical point.
a springfield pre WWII rebarreled in 43 with history.
I have it hidden.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...I love your wife...and hope she continues to kick your butt...as you often deserve it.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Why not some of those flowers hand made! They will last a long time.

Loves gun and reloading casting my own bullets
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RJM
...I love your wife...and hope she continues to kick your butt...as you often deserve it.

I think everything loves anna. We have been feeding three feral cats they are now coming u p to her in the back yard. As to the goats, it is that time of year for them to well reproduce. Male goats do a lot of tongue wagging as part of the process. Ours our banded but don't realize what that means. The more dominent one has lately been following the wife around getting continually under foot, then looking up at her wagging his tongue. I am sure he realizes on some level she is female, as he doesn't do that with me. I keep telling him we are not muslim, we do not live in california, it ain't gonna work, but he does not pay any attention.
It's funny watching her work in the back yard, cats on the walls, dogs and goats following her around. The friggin pigeons come in too.
By the way, she has now made 17 different varieties of cookies and candy for giveaway for christmas. She keeps them in a locked standup freezer. good idea, no midnight raids.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
she likes .41magnums too by the way.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"I am sure he realizes on some level she is female, as he doesn't do that with me."

He is not stupid....a) She is better lookin' b) he knows you would turn him into cabrita al carbon....

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Strider
Wow that is sweet.

I always wanted a mountain gun, it didn't even occur to me they made them in .41.

What a great combination.

...here ya go...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=523168785

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i am waiting for rjm to bring it up or mention to you all the other kinds of .41magnum one can get envolved in. To help the addiction along a little.
I have a couple sets of hi end grips for them, taken off for rubber, just cause rubber sticks better in my hand and i didn't want to scratch up the good stuff.
The mountain gun i found(via rjm pointing it out) from a pawn shop here in phx, had a set of hi end grips made by some guy now deceased in oregon. I should put them back on mine and take a picture.
You do need a .41magnum saddle gun too.
I didn't think that gun would stay hidden until christmas. good for you.

Bob, and P Weed, and 41 Kieth, and few others here guided me into my first handgun about ten years ago, the SBH hunter in 41. I was wishing for a cabine to go with the revolver. Then I stumbled upon a Marlin 1894 FG in 41 at Sportsmans Warehouse.

So I got the saddle gun covered.

I met Bob in person a couple summers ago and he explained the importance of learning to shoot a DA. So I started asking at every LGS I visited. I eventually found a six inch 657. Then Bob told me about a Ti Tracker in 41 for sale, and I met Carabou Jack and purchased that.

And now Bob has sold me the MG. So Bob is pretty much responsible for 80% of my collection.

I have to take sole responsibility for the 327's.

The Altamont grips are, as far as I have been able to determine, a S&W factory option. I found a 629 with a set in a gunshop, and the dealer helped me track down the source.

They are actually pretty inexpensive, and available in several varieties of wood.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 1234, 64 invisible), 3,271 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,750
Posts18,476,179
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.