Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Knowledge of a subject is one matter.....how one delivers it is another.

Yes, intelligence and experience with class and willingness to share without denigration is rare.

Jerks are truly a dime a dozen, no matter the IQ or experience.

Arcus Venator
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you go way back, we would be quoting him touting the fixed 6x Leupies at the end-all, be-all of scopes while making fun of people trying out the "new" Super Sniper scopes........

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well lets see now... this site isn't that old, but my first 6X was in 1980. Liked em then, but variables are now much more reliable, but going back in the bush, where you couldn't grab another, or at least didn't pack a screwdriver and a spare scope or spare rifle, 6x still makes sense at times.

I happen to prefer a bit more X so that i can make sure that I"m shootign the right deer that I"ve glassed, ya know you can see it clear on 10X or in a spotting scope but couple of bucks together, and they move as you get setup, 4x or 6x can be lacking.

But then I'd be accuse of being just stupid if I couldn't follow the right one anyway..

Lord forbid to have a super sniper... which I had long before I heard em mentioned here...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Knowledge of a subject is one matter.....how one delivers it is another.

Like serving a perfectly cooked steak served on a platter smeared with dogchit.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dude is funny as hell, likes playing around with people, and can definitely shoot a rifle and a camera. I may not necessarily agree with everything he says, but you can bet what he says is backed up by a [bleep] of trigger pulls.

This isn't 'Nam Donny, there are RULES...
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

If someone follows thru, it should rightfully be called the "Sticktionary".

All one needs is a secret decoder ring.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by NH_Sharpshooter
Dude is funny as hell, likes playing around with people, and can definitely shoot a rifle and a camera. I may not necessarily agree with everything he says, but you can bet what he says is backed up by a [bleep] of trigger pulls.

He ain't alone in folks having shot a few rounds though....

I know and shot a long time with folks that shot even more than we did.. 50K rounds of centerfire a year give or take at times... even in that bunch you had arrogant dickwads around.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Axtell Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Got purty quiet,all of the sudden........................(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm looking for excuses to not go out in the frost this morning so will comment.

Stick is the most creative user of English language that I've read on the internet. He drives a .223 and is brilliant in use of double/multiple negatives, though overdoes it and needlessly confuses clarity by cutesy negatives sometimes: he don't never not use a double negative. If he could abide an editor he could easily write for publication.

As to why he is so obnoxious at times, I have no idea and haven't tried to psychoanalyze. He has never treated me that way. He is way too intelligent to not be aware of how he is coming over and sometimes he deliberately pushes it to self destruction. If you ignore his first barb you can have an expert level discussion on the subjects he knows, and he knows a LOT about rifles and cameras. Most of us react to his barbs rather than continue on the topic, and it goes downhill from there.

I've learned useful stuff from him that I use to kill deer and hit targets. I'm going to go use some Stick tips on deer this afternoon. I'd consider him a friend but doubt if he would have me. grin

Am curious as to how Axtel, who registered in May 2015, ever heard of Stick?

A
Axtell Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Well, the wood is chopped for the day so I will explain.
' Stick comes across as an internet bully (in civilian life he's probably an OK guy, but who know's.......I don't ...grin).

'Stickism's, I think are fun! If 'ole Larry can't takem'( he who dishes 'em out with a vengence) then he is a puzzy (insert grin 'Stick).

I've reviewed a lot of his posts since coming to know of his legendary status here at the 'fire. What I came to realize (even though I was ripped a new one for suggesting a 9.3 with its pumpkin ball boolits might be good on moose......which I know it is and a Kraut #4 Roopold)
is 'Stick leans to the most efficient, user friendly way of doing things, dismisses old wives tales and what pappy says if not proven to be correct.
" Find pressure and rock on" pretty much sums up what handloading is about............its the tip of the iceberg and you need to work/think back to the true meaning.
No offense 'Stick, but everytime you throw one ......duck

rehint

Last edited by Axtell; 11/21/15.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He looks like a gayer, fatter version of Queens singer. Lol what a nadpole...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's pretty obvious that some members just resent the attention he gets......... which SHOULD be theirs.

One of the ways Larry was helpful was in saving you time - going down some different powder roads, for instance.

me: Thinkin' maybe RL 22 would add more oomph.

Larry : You won't like it in that case... Imr 7828 is where it's at.

Now if I had kept the conversation going by asking,"Why", "how do you know?", "That doesn't make sense" etc.....

AS SO MANY ON HERE ARE PRONE TO DO.... well, yeah, he could get a tad hostile.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That type guy hanging round gets people agitated. Forces them to take a position, one side or the other. And agitation brings a slight bump up in whiskey sales, but sale of kchunt plummets... grin

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I read his post every morning and always laugh out loud.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don't know what a kchunt is but Fireball has a couch stuck in his .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like him. He obviously knows his stuff and doesn't lay around on the couch daydreaming about how good he used to be. The reason so many dislike him is that he's abrasive, especially to chick like guys that aren't accustomed to being around men. I'd drink whiskey and shoot stuff with him any time.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

All I know is that I have been loading ammo and shooting animals longer than I ever knew there was a Campfire. In all those years I have had success and never needed the likes of his juvenile sewer talk and criticism to help me improve anything I was doing.

How he can be so knowledgeable about something he has never done does seem to get by some people on the Campfire...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick's schtick is childish and boring so I ignore it....
Lots of people out there that know more about rifles/reloading that don't make a career of insulting others (and their family members) so why would I give a chit what he has to say....

This internet thing is all fun and games but when you bring someone's family into these chit shows you cross a line IMO.....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It's pretty obvious that some members just resent the attention he gets......... which SHOULD be theirs.

One of the ways Larry was helpful was in saving you time - going down some different powder roads, for instance.

me: Thinkin' maybe RL 22 would add more oomph.

Larry : You won't like it in that case... Imr 7828 is where it's at.

Now if I had kept the conversation going by asking,"Why", "how do you know?", "That doesn't make sense" etc.....

AS SO MANY ON HERE ARE PRONE TO DO.... well, yeah, he could get a tad hostile.

I think you missed on that one big time.

No one wants the attention that lil prick gets.

As to powders and such in cases, I don't trust one persons word, especially a mouthy abrasive one, but there is data all over books, internet, callign or emailng the makers of the products and you come to the educated/verified answer instead of listening to one persons thoughts, almost universally much safer and nets as good or better results.

Of course I work for same type, that you don't dare ask him why. I won't be much longer htough, as quickly as I can get out, its not worth having to listen to him anymore than I have to.

Life is MUCH to SHORT to put up with those types, especially when their input is available other ways.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No...... There WAS no load data for the RUMs other than the 300 at the time I had my 7 Ultra built with a 30 in barrel, which changes powder options when compared to 26 inches. And the 338 RUM with Barnes bullets.

You and Shrapnel weren't talking about those cartridges FIFTEEN YEARS ago.

Larry was.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 15,268 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,181
Posts18,543,202
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.