Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 150 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 149 150
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
roundoak

I have one of these and it handles and shoots very well. Very smooth action.

If you just want it as a shooter and not a collector, I'd go for it. I'm thinking an offer of $350 would allow you to bring it home.

If you didn't want the scope on it, just get some filler screws. The stocks on these older guns tend to have a little more drop so with that scope mounted so high, that could be a problem...or maybe not.

Taking a couple of inches off the bbl would make it even handier! For some reason, the pumps that I have cut down seem to shoot even better. Might be the shorter stouter bbl or the fact that it wears a new crown. Maybe both.

Hope you get it.

WN

WN, yesterday I offered $399, what he is asking, if he would let it go with 3 boxes of Remington 200gr PSP Core Lokt's and he turned me down.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, the new run of Remington 35 ammo that recently hit the shelves is pretty spendy.

Are you going to load for it?

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You betcha and the 3 boxes of ammo would get me started. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by roundoak
You betcha and the 3 boxes of ammo would get me started. wink

PM on the way.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Originally Posted by wink_man
I've been looking for a 760 in 35 Remington for years as I have a Weaver pivot mount for a 760.

wink_man: Several of my 35Rems, a 358Win, and a 35W wear the old Weaver pivot mounts. They serve a special purpose and they work well, too!

WN

I have one for a 760 on an 870 slug gun that I drilled and tapped the receiver for myself. You're right, they do work and they do hold zero, despite what gun writers of the day said about them.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
IC B2

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have 2 of them for the 742/760 still sealed in the packaging. I didn't use one on my 760 but you never know.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I've killed many deer with a pump shotgun, never a pump rifle. I'm diggin the pics!

Shotgun or rifle, depending on where I am hunting, I feel like they are one and the same.

[Linked Image]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MagMarc
I have 2 of them for the 742/760 still sealed in the packaging. I didn't use one on my 760 but you never know.

Marc, Do you have the pivot rings for them? I have one pivot base for a 742/760 and a set of pivot rings for it PLUS a spare set of rings if you don't have rings. my stuff too is brand new in the packages yet.

Garry
Trump won !!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What a great thread!!!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I've been looking for a 760 in 35 Remington for years as I have a Weaver pivot mount for a 760.

Here it is and its NICE!

760 35 Rem in the classifieds

Saw it, and was tempted last year when it came up. I'd go for it, but i'm in Fl. for a couple of months so not close to my ffl, maybe when I get back if it's still around. Thank you for the heads up.

Garry
Trump won !!!
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

WN, yesterday I offered $399, what he is asking, if he would let it go with 3 boxes of Remington 200gr PSP Core Lokt's and he turned me down.

Roundoak, if you want that gun and need ammo, I have 2 boxes at home, older, but perfect condition and stored properly, one box Remington, one Winchester, both 200 grain, 39 rounds total, I think the winchester box is missing one round.

You're welccme to it but I'm in Fl. and you'd just have to wait till the end of March when I get home to mail it out to you.

Garry

Garry
Trump won !!!
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Marc, Do you have the pivot rings for them? I have one pivot base for a 742/760 and a set of pivot rings for it PLUS a spare set of rings if you don't have rings. my stuff too is brand new in the packages yet.

Thanks for the offer! I have 2 sets of rings. My Dad always used them and I did too when I was younger. My brother still uses them on his 760 270. I never had to to pivot the scope over to take a shot so eventually went away from using them.

They are still cool.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Here it is and its NICE!

760 35 Rem in the classifieds

Saw it, and was tempted last year when it came up. I'd go for it, but i'm in Fl. for a couple of months so not close to my ffl, maybe when I get back if it's still around. Thank you for the heads up.

I picked up a Model Six last week or I would be all over it.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Wink man, nice piece of wood on that 760!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Whelen nut, Ive got the pivot mount on my 7600/35 whelen and it has served me well,always returning to zero after Ive used the irons.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Autofive
Wink man, nice piece of wood on that 760!

Thanks, gun is a shooter too.

Garry
Trump won !!!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Here is a cool old pic I ran across in a web search.

[Linked Image]

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Roundoak, if you want that gun and need ammo, I have 2 boxes at home, older, but perfect condition and stored properly, one box Remington, one Winchester, both 200 grain, 39 rounds total, I think the winchester box is missing one round.

You're welccme to it but I'm in Fl. and you'd just have to wait till the end of March when I get home to mail it out to you.

Garry

Garry, the LGS has their heels dug in on the price so I am walking away. Was not too crazy about the Williams side scope mount setup anyway. I appreciate your generous offer.

Thank you and best regards,

Wayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter6
Here is a cool old pic I ran across in a web search.

[Linked Image]

Here is a Rem 14 Carbine in this Wisconsin deer camp pic.

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I love looking at those old deer camp pics. Must have been a great time to be a hunter.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Page 17 of 150 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.