Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The assumptions here are on both sides of the story for sure. Some assume he was reaching for a weapon, others assume he was just putting his hands down. However, the only person who controlled the outcome was the person who exited the vehicle. Get out and run with hands up then drop the hands and reach for something or scratch something, you might end up dead. Get out of the vehicle with hands raised and then walk to the front OR rear and drop to your knees, you got a pretty good chance of seeing tomorrows sunrise. His sun just set.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sudden moves reaching to your waist will get you killed.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
I thought he was loosing his balance in the snow or maybe he was trying to dodge a bullet? Sure looks like it was an ambush.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
First off, It appears to me that he was reacting to being shot, not actually reaching for a weapon, since no weapon was brandished you can't actually say that he was reaching for a weapon.

It appears to me that this was a set up. The agent that was almost hit should not have ran in front of a car.

We will never know the truth, you people that actually support this are the actual problem with this country.

It was against the law to occupy the federal building, it was against the law to do so many things. Yet you same people support this gawd dang government when they break laws, and enforce the unjustly.

Do you same people support every brance of government having weapons, and what amounts to swat teams?

Sacrifices need to be made, actions need to be taken. I will not take it bending over like it appears some of you will.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jmo1754
First off, It appears to me that he was reacting to being shot, not actually reaching for a weapon, since no weapon was brandished you can't actually say that he was reaching for a weapon.

It appears to me that this was a set up. The agent that was almost hit should not have ran in front of a car.

We will never know the truth, you people that actually support this are the actual problem with this country.

It was against the law to occupy the federal building, it was against the law to do so many things. Yet you same people support this gawd dang government when they break laws, and enforce the unjustly.

Do you same people support every brance of government having weapons, and what amounts to swat teams?

Sacrifices need to be made, actions need to be taken. I will not take it bending over like it appears some of you will.

Could you make a list of the laws that you deem appropriate to break? Perhaps the circumstances as well?

Additionally, you do realize that our government is comprised, almost exclusively, of its citizens?

Last edited by Jcubed; 01/28/16. Reason: punctuation or something
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A setup, really?

The LEO in the woods was providing overwatch for the roadblock. Turned out to be needed.

I guess part of the setup was making F'cum run from the initial traffic stop. Great choreography....jfc.

He chose that hill to die on. He had been telegraphing that intent for a while.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You willing to sacrifice or are you asking others to do it for you? You willing to take action of are you asking others to do it for you?

Why didn't you pack your "kit" and head to Oregon?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
These occupiers came from all over, itching for a gunfight with LE.

Almost funny how quick most of them threw in towel after a little reality slap.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Oh, I am not afraid of sacrifice, I think this group of folks made a grave mistake by allowing themselves to get holed up much like Waco.

Why would a routine road block need over watch?

As far as laws go, I think the first thing that should have happened is the group of folks that recanted on their deal with the Hammonds should have been dealt with.

They held a federal building, that it is my understanding that was unoccupied, the federal government couldn't let this go because the Bundy's made sure to punch them in the mouth the last time.

Do I think these people should have acted this way, no but I am not about to fault someone for standing up for what they believe in.

The comment about being made up by citizens, I get that but these folks have forgotten that they are all citizens, who have the right to leave if this countries constitution does not fit them.

I personally believe that there are many laws that are simply put in place to do nothing more than make the government money, or track its citizens.

Background checks, pistol permits, seat belt laws just a few.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
These occupiers came from all over, itching for a gunfight with LE.

Almost funny how quick most of them threw in towel after a little reality slap.

If they were itching for a fight, this would have been a fight.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A setup, really?

The LEO in the woods was providing overwatch for the roadblock. Turned out to be needed.

I guess part of the setup was making F'cum run from the initial traffic stop. Great choreography....jfc.

Exactly. He made the decision for them to shoot and it started when he ran at the first stop. If he really wanted to live, he made lots of bad choices in the last 2 minutes of his life.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Lonny
A setup, really?

Exactly. He made the decision for them to shoot and it started when he ran at the first stop. If he really wanted to live, he made lots of bad choices in the last 2 minutes of his life.

His choices could been better, yes that is a non question. THe problem is at the point and time he was no threat, and if a bunch of agents, with weapons drawn, can't beat a guy to the trigger if he draws a weapon they should be retired..

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If they weren't itching for a fight, it would have been a good call to leave the weapons and explosives at home.

I suppose it could have all just been them having a major stupid-attack in a smart-zone.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Anyone who watches that and can honestly say they wouldn't have taken the same shot(s), after three weeks of mall ninja posturing by YallQuieda, is either a liar, a dumbazz, or both.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

if a bunch of agents, with weapons drawn, can't beat a guy to the trigger if he draws a weapon they should be retired..

I'm fairly certain they did.......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lonny
A setup, really?

His choices could been better, yes that is a non question. THe problem is at the point and time he was no threat, and if a bunch of agents, with weapons drawn, can't beat a guy to the trigger if he draws a weapon they should be retired..

if a bunch of agents, with weapons drawn, can't beat a guy to the trigger if he draws a weapon they should be retired..

What, exactly are you trying to say there,..."beat a guy to the trigger"

WTF does that MEAN , in normal English ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think, stressed:my perception, is that he believes the Agents/Troopers should have let him draw.......again, my opinion of what he wrote.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
There was no need to shoot him. He was not a threat. Not from what I saw. Not in those conditions. Who was the shooter?

He was fleeing from a stop to serve an arrest warrant. He damn near ran over a cop. He jumps out, doesn't follow orders and then his hands go to his waist, where he was known always have a sidearm.

Not a THREAT? I want some of what you are smoking. He was a huge threat. Looked like the shooter in the trees was an OSP officer who fired when he went to his waist.

The girl's story doesn't hold up.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by kingston
There was no need to shoot him. He was not a threat. Not from what I saw. Not in those conditions. Who was the shooter?

He was fleeing from a stop to serve an arrest warrant. He damn near ran over a cop. He jumps out, doesn't follow orders and then his hands go to his waist, where he was known always have a sidearm.

Not a THREAT? I want some of what you are smoking. He was a huge threat. Looked like the shooter in the trees was an OSP officer who fired when he went to his waist.

The girl's story doesn't hold up.

Excellent summation of what I saw, also. He all but asked for this outcome and was pretty stupid, IMO.

Threaten to use firearms before this incident
Run from a stop
Almost run over a LEO at a roadblock
Run from the vehicle
Reach into his coat...furtive move by someone known to have firearms and who made threats...

The dumb SOB got himself killed. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
I think, stressed:my perception, is that he believes the Agents/Troopers should have let him draw.......again, my opinion of what he wrote.

George

Oh, I get it,....than Roy Rogers shoots the gun out of his hand,...grazes his wrist lightly, or some such.

crazy crazy crazy

Silly me for not catching that.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 15 invisible), 1,515 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,329
Posts18,505,923
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.