Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 120 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 119 120
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Scott, they could be cousins!

Our good friend who gave my dad his pup runs the grazing association where we run the cows during the summer months.
He has an entire pack of them, true working dogs.

They'll run down and kill coyotes, hell they act half wild themselves. Fearless dogs.

The black dog is a kelpie, the reds are all heelers.

[Linked Image]

About a month ago we went out to the ranch to go over some corral remodeling plans and of course Whitey(dad's dog) went along. Whitey's sister is the alpha bitch and lives out at the ranch.
It took all of 2-3 seconds before she commenced to whipping the chit outta poor Whitey!

That bitch dog is truly a bitch, just straight up ornery all the time.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GREAT photos Sam!

Yeah, that house was a labor of love. I designed and built it... definitely nicer than the truck!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

BTW, this is a Nat Geo pic... superb.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Great stuff!! How was the ginger ale drink!!!

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Brad, when I win Powerball I'm calling you up!

Bet the place has a nice view?

Wyo, the ginger ale was okay but I probably won't buy it again. My wife bought some root beer by the same 'brewer' and it is pretty good. 1-2 bottles is certainly enough though, pretty sweet stuff. $11.50 a 6-pack...

Tried a couple of the Sierra Nevada Otra Vez and I could see where they would be a great 'beer' for hot weather and fishing, or hot weather and doing anything!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
unibuilder, each one gets nicer and nicer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
[Linked Image]

BTW, this is a Nat Geo pic... superb.

Sam, that is a very nice day on the ranch pic. You have an eye for stuff. Keep on clicking.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Lonny, that was a driving down the highway pic. No traffic....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Gee Stumpy,

that's a nice offer...]

I don't want to give my address out on the internet,

so call me on my cell phone and I can give it to you that way...

I have two of them for my business, so you can call either...

if a female answers it, tell her you're calling for Barry...

202-456-1411 or 202-456-1414....

Look forward to hearing from you....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by SamOlson
gnoahh, there are also a BUNCH of tonner 4 doors around here that rarely haul or pull anything. I don't get it but whatever.
A half ton is so much nicer if you're just gonna use it like a glorified car. Smoother ride, quieter, easier to maneuver, better off road, etc..

The jacked up big tire crowd really makes me laugh, especially if they have stickers all over the back window.

Huge semi truck exhaust coming up behind the cab is icing on the cake.

Sounds like Bozeman Sammer.

At times I could actually use a bigger truck for my work, but as it is I'm sticking with my 2014 4dr/5ft bed Taco. My second, and I doubt I'll ever own a different brand of truck.

But you're right, for REAL hauling the Taco IS NOT the deal. Serviceable, and even good enough, but not ideal. Yours is in that category.

Your dog looks like the centerfold for Ranch Dogs 2016 ...what a beauty!

A centerfold shot of my Taco... I doubt it will ever be this clean again:

[Linked Image]

Damn nice looking House Brad....especially if you designed it yourself.... Kudos...

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
An old bro learn the purpose of mirrors. If the change in the ash tray would have shifted she would have flopped. [Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
SamO I hauled a thing or two in this before changing gears 60,000# sideways is a hoot snow shooting over the power poles. [Linked Image]

Sometimes I miss it. The taco ain't a Hauler it just good reliable get where your going. Crome won't get you home or something like that. Lol.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/16/16.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
At work we have a 2010 F350 powerstroke that hauls a 15,000# trailer 4,000 miles a week and is still going strong with 530,000 miles on it. No work on the engine or the transmission.

We also have a couple of diesel Dodges that get new transmission every 120,000 miles.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]
I hate ties

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson

The black dog is a kelpie, the reds are all heelers.

Hello Sam, since you have Australian dogs you may as well go with Australian vehicles...Toyota.

We just let the Japs make them for us.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fred, the plows were going yesterday, could be another icy morning!

Ruger, +500k miles is pretty good for a POS....grin

Our feed pickups rack up a lot of hours but not many miles. They are 3/4 wore out at 100k miles. The 'old' brown F350 I posted is kind of a 'stay close to home outfit'.

Every winter/spring one is in the shop for repairs but from what I hear they are tougher pickups than Chevy or Dodge.

JStuart, I'd be the first to try a heavy duty Toyota but you can't buy one here in the states! And the nearest dealer is a couple hundred miles away so that would be an issue. Besides our local Ford dealer is a friend and we've actually had decent luck with them.

Any pics of the Australian Toyotas?

Stick, post up some hard chargin' Tacoma footage. I've seen the boat squatter pic, anything else?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

We are a bit fortunate here in that every town generally has a Toyota dealer and the Japanese do tend to aim their work vehicles at us.

All going well, this is what I am picking up next Thursday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I want a travelling vehicle so we can wander about the country when the mood suits us, and I can get plenty of gear in the back when I head off for sambar down south.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's an interesting vehicle.

What is the heavy duty model Toyota available in Australia?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Spec for Hilux HERE.

Landcruiser models HERE.

Spec for most common work vehicle HERE.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good stuff guys.

Great Pix SamO

Speaking of old Ford trucks, here’s a tale fer ya’
But first an anecdote……..

A snail walks into a car dealership and sez he wants to buy a certain car. He works with the salesman to make a deal but there is one catch. Before he will take delivery he wants the dealership to paint a big red “S” on both the driver and passenger front doors. The salesman thinks that this is unusual, but agrees if that is what it takes to ink the deal. A couple days later the snail comes back to pick up the car. As he is driving out, the salesman states that he’s had a lot of strange request s, but this one is tops. Why did you want a big red “S” painted on the doors. The snail replies. When I drive an ordinary vehicle folks don’t much pay attention. But in this one they will say “look at that S-car go.

I went broke in the mid eighties. Lost a several million dollar business. Lost my house, my cars, my self esteem. I went from owning a company with 35 employess and being able to write a 100K check on my signature to throwing a paper route 7 days a week, for $100 per week, selling insurance on a debit, and delivering pizza at night. Well fortune smiled on me and by 2000, I could once more afford a decent vehicle.

I bought this Ford F-350 in June of 2000. For two or three year prior had been driving a 1976 Chevy P/U with no A/C. It's not unusual to use the A/C here 12 months out of the year. When it’s 115 degrees out and 110 percent humidity, it’s hard not to get hot under the collar. After almost 15 years of driving Schitttt cars and trucks, I knew how good that snail felt. I'd get in that truck, get a big glass of iced tea (with lots of ice), put it on max air get on the highway, turn on some tunes, light up a stogie, and just cruise. It might be 110 out but it was cool inside.

[Linked Image]

I’ve totaled it twice and put it back together. Last time I put it back together and put $4,700 in my pocket.

Still have to this day. May take it to the Petting Zoo tomorrow.

It has 390K+ miles on it. I just replaced the original injectors with a matched set, a new high pressure oil pump, cold air intake and a 5 stage programmer. I can spin the 315 75R15’s.
Just waitin’ for someone to come along and hit me so I can get a new paint job.

[Linked Image]

I tell folks that the buzzards at the “Petting Zoo” have come to recognize my truck. When they see me coming, they tell their friends and relatives, Gdub’s here, we’ll be eating high on the hoglet soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

Last edited by geedubya; 02/16/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Page 41 of 120 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,907
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.