Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
When someone asks, "how much is my Colt Army SAA revolver worth?", they get various answers, one of which is almost always, "whatever someone is willing to pay for it."

People will treat you as you let them.

Last edited by Joseywales; 03/14/16.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We hover around $2.50 while the rest of the country basks in cheap fuel. Oregon, a liberal utopia.

But on the bright side, your government doesn't think you're smart enough to pump it yourself.

Well if you look at Oregon voting patterns, they may be on to something....

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
They own the product,I suppose they can charge whatever they want.

Don't like the price,don't buy it !!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
OpenSecrets.org

Influence and Lobbying

Oil & Gas

Summary https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=e01

Top 20 Recipients 2016

Rank

Candidate

Office

Amount

Cruz, Ted (R)

Senate

$887,451

Bush, Jeb (R)

$478,222

Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK)

Senate

$427,950

Portman, Rob (R-OH)

Senate

$293,625

Clinton, Hillary (D)

$267,970

Rubio, Marco (R)

Senate

$254,423

Boehner, John (R-OH)

House

$203,850

Scalise, Steve (R-LA)

House

$202,250

McCarthy, Kevin (R-CA)

House

$197,300

Toomey, Pat (R-PA)

Senate

$195,851

Boustany, Charles Jr (R-LA)

House

$157,850

Upton, Fred (R-MI)

House

$155,050

Barton, Joe (R-TX)

House

$153,382

Lankford, James (R-OK)

Senate

$152,200

Brady, Kevin (R-TX)

House

$148,850

Hoeven, John (R-ND)

Senate

$133,475

Ayotte, Kelly (R-NH)

Senate

$129,300

Fleming, John (R-LA)

House

$128,100

Johnson, Ron (R-WI)

Senate

$127,300

Shuster, Bill (R-PA)

House

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
okay JG, give a fast reason why 91 octane should be that much more expensive than say 87... is there that much more stuff to add to it to increase the octane 4 points? I can't tell you why, I just know that it is a fact.

got a local friend in the business here... maybe not at your level.. he's the accounting VP for a large local distributor...
he's told me that out this way, they can have a truck go and pick up a dual trailer load of fuel... and then the change in the price of fuel comes in to their office, every couple of hours....he's said they can lose $600 to a $1000 dollars on a load of fuel just in the time it take the truck to haul it from the distribution point to their station and put it into the stations tanks... That's correct, but when you load the truck at the rack, the BOL is time stamped with the correct time, and the price at that particular time has to be honored by the supplier. The rack price cannot be adjusted to the wholesaler after the fact. Therefore you should always know what your price is before you sell it. .

but as a consumer....commodity brokers are manipulating the pricing, artificially inflating it... and then the oil company's tack on a little extra 'for overhead" ( that is why the prices go up so quick and come down so slowly).. then the local dealers do so also.....Of course there's overhead, but the prices change daily, up or down, based on the NYMEX or PLATTS numbers, at least on the wholesaler's side. Retailers margins are squeezed on fuel sales as the prices increase, and more margin as the wholesale price decreases. That is why prices tend to go up more quickly on the retail level than they go down, plus they must get rid of high priced inventory in the first place. Some retailers will make next to nothing on fuel just to get the masses of idiots in the door who will buy $1.75 sodas and $1.50 bottles of water.

I don't need to be in any particular industry, to know the logistics of price manipulation, changing things and putting a panic in the consumers to jack up pricing...been in the sales and marketing end of things in the medical industry among other things... The fuel business is an animal all it's own. Name another sector that publicly posts prices on a sign out on the street corner.

perfect example was the Y2K scam....except for the Oil INdustry, every day is the Y2K scam time...

If it's that easy, put your money where your mouth is and get into the fuel or oil business and you'll find out how easy it is for yourself.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Was talking to a friend who manages a local fuel distribution center a few months ago. He tells me that $50/barrel is the point where oil companies make a profit. It has been below that for a while and a market correction was coming. It's here. I'm not exactly what $50/barrel translates to at the pump,but suspect around $2-$2.50/gal.

I've enjoyed $1.50 gas as much as anyone, but never expected it to stay there. We shouldn't complain, factored for inflation $2/gal is cheaper than the 30 cents/gal my dad was paying in the 1960's.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mikeone
They own the product,I suppose they can charge whatever they want.

Don't like the price,don't buy it !!!

Exactly right! I'll never forget my dad, who owned a Skelly Truck Stop in my early teenage years. I was out sweeping the driveway one day and this dude from California started ranting and raving about the price after he had filled up his Mercedes with diesel. After a minute or two my dad comes out and says "Hey buddy, did you see me out there on the corner of the Interstate waving your stupid asss in here? No, you didn't, so pay your freaking bill and get your asss outa here.!

I laughed my butt off, and so did that dolt's wife.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We hover around $2.50 while the rest of the country basks in cheap fuel. Oregon, a liberal utopia.

But on the bright side, your government doesn't think you're smart enough to pump it yourself.

I've been pumping my own fuel since 1990 in Oregon.

Even worse then you pay someone to pump others fuel for them and you do it yourself, for the same price.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Huntz
Three years ago it was over 4 bux a gallon.Did anyone think this was a permanent reduction?

Yes, a recent article said oil will NEVER hit 60 a barrel again... orange okie article IIRC...

Yeah right...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
Had to get gas this morning on the way to work. Paid $1.91 for reg. Seems to be going up $0.10 a week mad

$2 is wishful thinking.... in town anyway. (It's not even a dream in the outlying areas! mad ) It looks like we're stuck at at $2.15 for now but I'm enjoying the low prices. It could easily be $4....and will be again.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most all of the large gas stations around my general area are also big chain convenience stores. Many have well known chain mini-restaurants inside, too.

Almost all, both small and large, have digital signs out front now so they can change fuel prices in mere seconds. I've seen price per gal fluctuate multiple times over just a few hours at the same station.

Anymore it's common to see gasoline and diesel be a certain price at one chain station and anywhere from a few cents to a quarter or more per gal from town to town at the very same brand chain stations, all within 30 miles or less of each other.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It all depends on the competition. Very competitive markets will cause prices to be squeezed, while the more rural markets allow higher prices due to less competition.

In short, retailers will "get all they can get" while still having to be competitive.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is some food for thought...

Imagine what shape the economy would be in if gas was still $4.00+ a gallon. The average American family is spending $200 a month on stuff other than gasoline.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Here is some food for thought...

Imagine what shape the economy would be in if gas was still $4.00+ a gallon. The average American family is spending $200 a month on stuff other than gasoline.

Yes. But how much are those families losing in their retirement funds? I'm not saying the two should be connected, but in many cases they are. So families may have $200 more per month to spend now, but when they retire who will feed them? If you believe the articles, the average American family doesn't have enough saved for retirement, so if they're saving $200 per month on gas, then they should really be saving $200 per month for retirement...but as you said, they are probably spending it. Heck, even if they wanted to invest it, where would they put it? It's a mess alright.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. But how much are those families losing in their retirement funds?

Ya got to be able to hang on until retirement. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The average liberal welfare dolts there aren't smart enough. They have a helluva time hiring folks who can pump gas.

Fireball could get a job. laugh grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
$2.00 here,,, , still very reasonable. Even 3 bucks is not that bad. I drive a Saturn that got 35 MPG. That comes to about .07 per mi.? Tax write off is .54 a mi.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is $2.00 a gallon here (Florida) now

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2UP, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,644 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,998
Posts18,481,175
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.