Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
this is a hunting forum right? hunters normally shoot guns right? We have various forums about guns, and various equipment related to firearms here right? with all that said why would you hate the one person who HAS actually done something to protect the second amendment?Trump has had past positions supporting limits on fireams and assault weapons, he is from new york and was raised differently when it comes to guns that most of us here.

I would think of all people the ones here would be smart enough to reconcile the differences. Just about everything trump is saying Cruz was acting on and doing before trump was even in the race. If your a tump person you should be thinking GREAT, we most likely get trump and if that fails we get cruz. I just don't get it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
why the hate for Cruz here?

Because Cruz has been the only adversary trump has had.

And he stands directly in the way of the magic number of 1267.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
No hate; just think its important people know that he is the establishment's anti-establishment candidate.

I don't hate anyone in the race except Hil. Even Bernie seems like a nice guy, kinda like a senile grandpa, sweet but misguided.

Ted seems more cut out as a televangelist than President IMHO.

And I have no love for anyone in the race either, which IMO is offering the absolute worst group of candidates I can remember.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Agreed ... no hate. There is enough to dislike about every single candidate to justify voting against them. One of them will win anyway.

So ... pick your bitter pill and choke it down.

Hillary **has** to be beaten. I'll take any of the devils I don't know over the one I've seen and do know.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Trump supporters don't care...they want an outsider in the drivers seat regardless of what his past positions have been...At first he had me fooled, but after actually listening to everything he had to say it appeared he's only in it for more power & influence...At times, he can be quite articulate & eloquent, but when faced with questions for which he doesn't have a prepared response, he flounders because he doesn't actually believe in most of what he says...

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I do not dislike Cruz.I just think it is a wasted vote and besides we have now been told by The RNC that "THEY PICK THE DELEGATE"!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't hate him.

To me he just comes across as a greasy, preachy, condescending, booger eater.

I went off him long ago, when he held folks hostage all night, reading Dr Seuss.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm voting against Hillary, period.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No hate here. He is a true conservative unlike Trump who is only pretending to get elected.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
this is a hunting forum right? hunters normally shoot guns right? We have various forums about guns, and various equipment related to firearms here right? with all that said why would you hate the one person who HAS actually done something to protect the second amendment?Trump has had past positions supporting limits on fireams and assault weapons, he is from new york and was raised differently when it comes to guns that most of us here.

I would think of all people the ones here would be smart enough to reconcile the differences. Just about everything trump is saying Cruz was acting on and doing before trump was even in the race. If your a tump person you should be thinking GREAT, we most likely get trump and if that fails we get cruz. I just don't get it.

A better question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Why the hate PERIOD. It's the same posters time and time again. I don't give a rat's ass who you vote for as long as you vote and believe in the person you vote for. Some here, I'm thinking, just want to see their names up in lights. So here is my offering.

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you've watched Trump's campaign style, the "hate" for Cruz is just the same.

Demonize those who are in your way, throw as many nasty labels at them that you can and hope some stick, and never engage in discussion of issues.

The next time some conservative issue is actually at stake in Congress they'll love him just like always and deny that they ever said anything bad about him.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't hate him.

I went off him long ago, when he held folks hostage all night, reading Dr Seuss.

I actually sent him a small check for his effort...read a little bit on the how & why...maybe it'll change your cynical opinion of him... http://nypost.com/2013/09/25/cruz-vows-to-speak-till-he-cant-against-obamacare/

ETA: It was called "The Green Eggs & Ham" filibuster...the man has class...

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 03/17/16.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
why the hate for Cruz here?

Because Cruz has been the only adversary trump has had.

And he stands directly in the way of the magic number of 1267.

--------------

It's 1237 you big fat Cruz supportin' liar.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Send him some of your tart cherry enemas.

Flush out the gerbils.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't hate him, but he's always impressed me as someone who is very false.

I wasn't going to vote for him before, but when Cruz came out and said that it was Trump's fault that those Communists rioted at Trump's rally in Chicago, I knew that I was correct about Cruz

He chose to play politics with the situation instead of calling out the Communists for what they are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't hate Cruz but to me he comes across as a cross between a Possum Pussed Policy Wonk and a Glad Handing Used Car Salesman or Tv Preacher. Just something slimy about him.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
For the last 7 years I've listened to people whine and complain about o bongo, and his disregard for the law, for the constitution, the rule of law, and let a guy come along who is extremely conservative, respects the law, the rule of law, fights for their gun rights in the supreme court. Has fought his own party in public, and they don't like the way he looks or the way he talks??? I voted in the primary for Cruz, I send money pretty much weekly, as I can. We have to beat the D's.

Republicans eat their own. They have no idea if Trump is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. Rush says "people don't remember what you say they remember how you make them feel." Trump makes people feel good because he claims he's going to punish the people who have been bad in government by cutting deals with him.
He could be an o bongo lite who is a major narcissist, he doesn't understand the law (with the exception of contract law), he doesn't seem to understand the rule of law, he doesn't understand the roles of the congress and supreme court, they don't know but he makes them feel good. He is a television personality that they think they know and they like him personally. But all they know is the television personality. I think his negatives are way to high to beat klinton. When the polls change fine. And I've said he he wins the primary he will have my vote. But he won't be my preference. Too much unknown about him, and too much he doesn't know.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cruz has a solid economic plan, solid supporter of the constitution, cooks bacon on a AR, eats booger like a boss, I'm voting for him.

Yup he's preachy and bit annoying, but everyone in DC hates him so he's pretty solid in my book.

Sen. Ted Cruz Dismantles Assault Weapons Ban at Gun Control Hearing

Last edited by Stormin_Norman; 03/17/16.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw
No hate; just think its important people know that he is the establishment's anti-establishment candidate.

What? Is that double-double talk? It's actually nonsense of the highest order to suggest Cruz is establishment in any degree, except he was elected to a Senate established by the Constitution.

I don't hate anyone in the race except Hil. Even Bernie seems like a nice guy, kinda like a senile grandpa, sweet but misguided.

They probably said that about Lenin, too. He's a frigging commie who's never had a real job.

Ted seems more cut out as a televangelist than President IMHO.

Trite is all that is. Other than nonsense and a dozen other words like ludicrous, childish, and so forth.

And I have no love for anyone in the race either, which IMO is offering the absolute worst group of candidates I can remember.

Really!?! How far does your memory go back? Are you on Alzheimer meds? With the exception of one or two, this was the most solid field of good to great candidates in my memory. Would you have preferred someone like Romney, or McCain, or Dole, or W, or Bush the elder, or Nixon, maybe Goldwater?? How far back should we go? The only one who was even close to an effective President in that era by comparision was Reagan and he's over rated.

I believe some just can't be satisfied with those we would have been delighted to have over obama because America's mind has truly snapped. Read the book and weep. The Snapping of the American Mind.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't hate him.

I actually sent him a small check for his effort...read a little bit on the how & why...maybe it'll change your cynical opinion of him... http://nypost.com/2013/09/25/cruz-vows-to-speak-till-he-cant-against-obamacare/

ETA: It was called "The Green Eggs & Ham" filibuster...the man has class...

Those aren't my opinions. Those are things he has demonstrated.

If he had class, he could have read something far better than Green Eggs & Ham.

Had he read some Elmer Keith, or Jeff Cooper, I might think better of him.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.