Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that's the benefit of backing a loser

you get to sit from the sidelines and tell everyone how great it could have been

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cruz has a platform. He is not everything to everybody. That's the other guy. Enjoy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anybody who goes from a state solicitor general, to first term senator, to a presidential candidate in a little more than a decade at the age of 45 or so is on the make. That means that whatever he has done is not the natural progression of a successful career and all that, but a conscious strategy to arrive at this point. That means that all of his actions have to be viewed in that light.

When he was elected to the Senate no one outside of Texas or Washinton, where he was already known from his time in the Bush administration, knew who he was. His every action from that point forward was one designed to put him in the spotlight and raise his profile.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/17/16.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No 'hate' here.
He has been one of my picks all along[just not my #1].

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'll also point out that the career trajectory to this point of Ted Cruz is very similar to that of Obama. State office for a few years, the Senate for a term, and then run for president.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by isaac
And Rubio's campaign suspension now has Trump's NY polling numbers at around 64% to Cruz's 12-17%.

It's New York Bob.

They went with the moderate candidate first.

With him gone, they are going full blown liberal.

Whether you like it or not, NY votes count too. Every other candidate got to include the votes from their home state.

What is very obvious at this point is that Trump gathers up voters more than the remaining candidates when someone drops out of the race. He gained more support from Bush voters than Rubio did, and Rubio was a Bush twin on policy.

The public is backing the winner when the winner takes out "their guy".

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Sometimes not negotiating is the right thing to do. When you have nothing to gain, it's always the right thing.

But this is a point where we have a lot to gain. Trade, immigration, boarder security, income mobility/income stagnation, gov't/business corruption, and term limits on elected officials.

Those are things that could be addressed with Trump, that will only get lip service from other candidates.

There are plenty of gains to be made! Now is not a time for gridlock and not making gains for the middle class working public.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But, we're talking about Cruz.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
No, we're talking about why there is hate for Cruz. It's right at the top of the thread.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
this is a hunting forum right? hunters normally shoot guns right? We have various forums about guns, and various equipment related to firearms here right? with all that said why would you hate the one person who HAS actually done something to protect the second amendment?Trump has had past positions supporting limits on fireams and assault weapons, he is from new york and was raised differently when it comes to guns that most of us here.

I would think of all people the ones here would be smart enough to reconcile the differences. Just about everything trump is saying Cruz was acting on and doing before trump was even in the race. If your a tump person you should be thinking GREAT, we most likely get trump and if that fails we get cruz. I just don't get it.

no hate for Cruz but he can't beat Hillary and only Trump has a chance of beating her. You had better get your head out of your ass and help keep Hillary out of the White House.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by davet
No, we're talking about why there is hate for Cruz. It's right at the top of the thread.

So Trump is the reason we have hate for Cruz?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haters gonna hate.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bea175
this is a hunting forum right? hunters normally shoot guns right? We have various forums about guns, and various equipment related to firearms here right? with all that said why would you hate the one person who HAS actually done something to protect the second amendment?Trump has had past positions supporting limits on fireams and assault weapons, he is from new york and was raised differently when it comes to guns that most of us here.

I would think of all people the ones here would be smart enough to reconcile the differences. Just about everything trump is saying Cruz was acting on and doing before trump was even in the race. If your a tump person you should be thinking GREAT, we most likely get trump and if that fails we get cruz. I just don't get it.

What you don't get is all the numbers that say Trump has the worst numbers in beating Hillary.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I see all sorts of vile here about cruz from trump people. if your being rational at best trump is a wild card. YES if he steam rolls everyone and does what he has said in the campaign then GREAT. how can trump supporters reconcile his past statements??? if you support trump how do you explain 4 contributions to hillary for president? do you think she will not bring that up later? what about everything else that he has said that we actually have video of? that is why trump is a wild card. we simply can't know for sure what he will actually do.

cruz has a history of doing everything major on trumps list before he ran for president. I take the guy that has done the same before, during and now as a better bet on what the future will be.

trump people your probably getting trump, and if you don't you get Cruz. stop the shat storm! you win either way.
There is no critical thought going on amount these guys, just critical lies that for the most part were started by either Trump or Cruz's detractors who hated him for his conservatism and as an impediment to their DC graft and corruption, but would love to take them back now that Trump appears inevitable. Many here are just hard azz boneheads who get something in their minds and wouldn't change it if Jesus came down and told them they were totally wrong. I'm done with this topic and them. Who really has time for snarky idiots that will destroy the country and enjoy it? Not me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
I'm done with this topic and them.

light the fireworks

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Many here are just hard azz boneheads who get something in their minds and wouldn't change it if Jesus came down and told them they were totally wrong. I'm done with this topic and them. Who really has time for snarky idiots that will destroy the country and enjoy it? Not me.
----------------

Your arrogance is greatly undeserved.

Last edited by isaac; 03/17/16.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RWE

So Trump is the reason we have hate for Cruz?

I would say the supporters of both candidates have created animosity towards each other, and the reality is that R voters would win if either got to the white house.

I just think Trump will accomplish more and leave a bigger mark on history than Cruz is capable of. Cruz will keep playing the standard politics game, while Trump will swing for the fences.

That is the difference in my mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just think Trump will accomplish more and leave a bigger mark on history than Cruz is capable of.
Yup a big schit stain

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just think Trump will accomplish more and leave a bigger mark on history than Cruz is capable of.

Not making any comparison, but Stalin left a bigger mark on history than Trotsky.

And I do appreciate you actually opining on why you support trump.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 25aught6, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 49 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,923
Posts18,518,859
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.