-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dershowitz says Cruz is off the charts smart at law school.

America is dumb and getting dumber. We don't want a smart Pres.

We want a dumb one.

We want a Pres who can inherit $200M in 1992 and in just 24 years, grow it into less than $200M. That is one dumb investor:)

We want a candidate with the only negatives polling worse than Hillary. Give us trump. we are dumb and we deserve him.

Trump will lose 40 states. We don't care. We are dumb.

Trump will cause zillions of other office republicans to lose. we don't care. We are dumb.

Trump has got $2B in free publicity, and 67% of Americans say they will never vote for him, no matter what.

No worry, he can get a few votes.
Why worry, when we are dumb.

What is there to hate about Cruz? He may not be able to stop Trump.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
For me, Cruz reeks of insincerity

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you ever read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell? Cruz sends my red flag meter through the roof.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BMT
For me, Cruz reeks of insincerity

But not Trump? Who has flipped on every issue? Including gun control?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by davet
No, we're talking about why there is hate for Cruz. It's right at the top of the thread.

So Trump is the reason we have hate for Cruz?

Actually, that's pretty much totally true. Prior to the presidential election Cruz was treated as a conservative hero on here by all except a couple.

But the campaign is following certain characteristics we've seen before. Demonize your enemies and accuse him with lies.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't let a candidate's supporters rhetoric affect my opinion of said candidate. My opinion hasn't changed that Trump, Cruz and Carson are my leading choices. In my perfect world Trump will win and Cruz be VP to season on private sector global economics then be president, and Carson a leading role in the administration.

All have liabilities but the upside of each are better than anyone else that's in the race or was in the race.

Most of what's posted here is... Taradiddle...

Kent

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't hate Cruz, but I prefer Trump for various reasons.

1. In Presidential races, talent beats skill. Skill is learned but talent is something you are born with. Look back over the last 50 years and it's pretty clear the candidates who had talent vs those with skill. The only reason George W. got elected was because there was no talent in either race. He just had slightly better skills and the country was ready for a change after 8yrs of Dems. George Sr won running for a third Reagan term, not because he had talent. All the political talent has been on the Dem side for the last 25yrs - Bill and Obama. In the current race, Cruz and Hillary have skill, Trump has talent.

2. Cruz is the Republican equivalent of Obama. He's ultra conservative where Obama is ultra liberal. He's most conservative on social issues which infuriates Libs and scares moderates. He'll be as despised by the other side as Obama currently is. This will motivate Dems to take back Congress, then we'll be in the same stalemate again. A secondary problem is Cruz is also hated by his own side where Obama is adored. It's unclear that Cruz could accomplish much with a congress full of members who despise him personally. The Republican party can't grow unless the voters of this country begin to see us a party that can get things done, not just be the "party of NO". Trump has been getting things done his entire career.

3. Cruz has zero appeal outside of his conservative base, and he hasn't done particularly well with them in the primaries. All the blue-collar, union, Reagan Democrats that Trump has been coaxing back over to our side will go right back into Hillary's column. I'll take the loss of the neoconservatives of the party in order to gain the blue collar vote every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited by TATELAW; 03/18/16.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dammmmmm these trump bots are like sleeper cells.....…the world is upside down

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Picking Trump vs. Cruz shouldn't be an emotional decision. It's a business decision.

When you take away the emotions oozing through the pores of Cruz supporters, and merely focus on sound policy decisions from a global business perspective, picking Trump is a no-brainer.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're going to win, win, win grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I for one know that Cruz ain't going to "fly" in the NE part of the country. ... (too many turd burglars there). ....So I would vote trump/Cruz 2016 .....and in januatyy 2017 I will flush the toilet - ridding this country of obama the great turd.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nice points TATE.

I've never thought of it in a skill vrs talent situation, but it does make some sense.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Picking Trump vs. Cruz shouldn't be an emotional decision. It's a business decision.

When you take away the emotions oozing through the pores of Cruz supporters, and merely focus on sound policy decisions from a global business perspective, picking Trump is a no-brainer.

Was that your logic when saying we'd have to settle for an assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook? Just looking at it as a business decision?

Fair enough. I'll keep with my rabid emotional stancess.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Was that your logic when saying we'd have to settle for an assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook? Just looking at it as a business decision?

Yeah, that was a low mark for Bob, for sure. He's excused for that, though, due to his yeoman's effort in supporting Trump.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

----------------

When who said that? Surely you aren't suggesting I did.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

----------------

When who said that? Surely you aren't suggesting I did.
I may be misremembering, but thought you and I had a big dustup about that when the Senate was trying to push through the gun control package. If not, I apologize.. hate to level an accusation like that wrongly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your memory is fine.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I thought it was before SH but a member had asked what would the political negotiations mostly entail and what could be the possible outcome to those negotiations.

I merely answered his question without stating my position on the actual arguments, at all. Stayed with the original question throughout.

I've been counsel on many, many matters related to the 2nd and I've not ever supported any ban.

Typical of 24H fashion though, if one specifically answers a specific question on page 1;by page 3, for those who haven't followed along, it automatically becomes the writer's position and the writer's mom ends up sucking someone's pecker by the end of the day.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Your memory is fine.

-----------

I know yours isn't so why don't you prove yourself right instead of running your reckless mouth.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My bad.. it was magazine size and universal background checks that didn't bother you, not AWB. My apologies.

From what I'm gathering around my inside circles, it appears magazines and background checks will be the likely agreed compromise on the Hill.

I believe the "National Journal or Review" is inside and on the job when it comes to the reporting of this sausage making so for those who have alerts to either of these news agencies,please be on the lookout for stories/updates and post if and when,please.

The NRA hasn't been completely quiet the past week. If this is enough for your world to come crashing down,I suggest you try to obtain your Xanax inside the next month or so.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,941
Posts18,519,070
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.