Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
whats a good belt for ccw? single or two plys? Don't want to break the bank on this, less than $60 would be nice. will be worn everyday. thanks Darrell

GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Ive been fairly happy with my Dickies work belt I picked up from Wally World for $12. I'm sure there are much better belts out there but I'm not spending $100 on a belt.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I use a Filson double layered harness leather. It is about $25 more than you are looking for but it holds up a full sized 1911 all day every day and they guarantee it for life.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Ive been fairly happy with my Dickies work belt I picked up from Wally World for $12. I'm sure there are much better belts out there but I'm not spending $100 on a belt.

Pretty much the same for me. I went to Walmart and found a nice thick black leather belt that serves very well for about $20. Don't really see the need to spend $60 for a decent heavy belt.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Check out the economy style belts from DeSantis. They are about $30. Good belt, good name, and a good price.
What's not to like?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by limofarm
whats a good belt for ccw? single or two plys? Don't want to break the bank on this, less than $60 would be nice. will be worn everyday. thanks Darrell

https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullhide belts, right in your price range with their bottom levels, which is what I have. Oak tanned heavy leather, it is stiff and will take a week or two to break in.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like the Safariland velcro belt. They can be worn velcro inside or outside (to serve as an inner belt to hold a duty belt in place) They are available in nylon or basketweave leather. Cop Quest is probably the best place to buy them.

Since there is no buckle, a magholder or a Leatherman can be added or removed from your support side without removing the belt.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I bought several belts like the ones described above, they work well for the most part providing they are the wide style which fits jeans and not the thin dress pants type. My only gripes have been the stitching seems to unravel after 3 years or so and/or the belt begins to lose its stiffness in about the same time frame. This is with a full sized handgun rather than a compact or smaller and using an IWB holster with a wide contact area such as a Crossbreed. I use these for casual attire as they are inexpensive making it possible for me to buy them in black, brown, and whatever other color I think I need to match my clothes. They work

I also have a few of the "expensive" $60 belts and use them regularly too. The advantage to these are the stitching lasts much longer as does the stiffness of the belt. The color also lasts longer without showing wear and fading. These are typically the "duty" belts found at police supply stores in the $60 range these days. I have one that has been going strong for over 30 years of use averaging around 4 days a week. It will need replacing soon due to the wear of the buckle against the belt as I have used the same hole for over 20 years.

This is also the place I buy belts for dress slacks as the thin width of these belts are problematic for carry uses. Getting stiff enough leather is a real problem in the small belts and one will need to pay to get it. It might not be as difficult to find an adequate narrow belt if using a smaller gun but I prefer full sized guns which limits my options.

The average cost of the "expensive" belt is better than those of the "inexpensive" ones but the choices of the expensive ones are a little more limited. Black and brown in plain and basketweave are about it for choices from a police supply store but they fit my needs adequately. I figure the belts I have from there will last me until I can no longer manage a firearm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try the Beltman.com. Good stiff and well made belts with many options.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Montana Sling Co. Great belts that I wear everyday. Made by a CF member's family in the USA.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Wilderness tactical belt. Used one for over 15 years works great. I think they run around $35 these days.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lastround
Try the Beltman.com. Good stiff and well made belts with many options.

I use one of his horsehide belts. Great stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The wilderness 5-stitch. Thank me later.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
thanks, looks like I have a lot to look at.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beltman horsehide for leather and Wilderness 5-stitch for synthetic.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought an Amish hand made belt on Ebay.It is 1 1/2" wide an 5mm thick.$33.99 shipped is hard to beat for a belt of this quality.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150-ST-1-1-...DE-5MM-/171317289148?var=&hash=item0

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Picked up several El Pasos when Flave posted the sale link last year. Glad I did.. great belts. About $36 at the time.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've got a couple of Diamond D belts that I really like. I also heard good things about Simply Rugged.

http://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/Belts.html

http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/LEATHER%20GUN%20BELTS.cfm?cat_id=670

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 375TN, 6mmCreedmoor, 308ld, 1badf350, 7 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,900
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.