Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2016/03/how-the-us-ends-up-in-a-civil-war.html

The US election could get worse. It could be a prelude to a civil war.

How so? Here's a simple scenario.

It's November 8th and the choice is between Trump and Hillary.

Both candidates have negatives approaching 70% (Hillary is currently at 56% and Trump is at 60%). The campaign has been vicious. A rematch of Hitler vs. Stalin in US politics.

For months, there has been violent protest in every US state. Protesters vs police vs. each other. Voters are edgy when they head to the booths on November 4th. Everyone is ready to put this campaign behind them.

However, things are about to change for the worse.

Early in the afternoon (EST) a small group of global guerrillas spring an N-1 trap (N-1 is a last moment action or betrayal) on the US:

•A dozen faux bombs in suspicious packages are placed at heavily (Rep or Dem) polling locations resulting in evacuation and widespread concern.

•Robocalls pour in to police departments and polling places in heavily (Rep or Dem) polling locations with bomb/terrorist threats. Widespread poll closures occur. Calls continue until late.

•Election results are skewed. Electoral college swings to the candidate helped by the threats.

One candidate declares victory. The other cries foul. Protests go national. Violence, looting and active engagement with police.

Calls for calm ignored. Martial law is declared in different areas. Internet is turned off in different areas.

Violence grows. The global economy collapses due to uncertainty over US economy (ill conceived financial derivatives ensure that virulent US contagion spreads to every nook and cranny of the global financial and economic system).

The US, suddenly impoverished, extremely angry, and mortally betrayed stumbles into civil war.

Have fun,

John Robb

PS: The most interesting thing about this scenario is that it can be pulled off with only five people.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You forgot the part where obama refuses to step down after martial law is declared.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice fantasy - but Hillary is not Stalin, and Trump is not Hitler....by any stretch. And although a vocal minority on either side would have you believe otherwise, the vast majority know better.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Without very high gas prices and food prices I just don't see it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You need to buy a better brand of booze..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Slavek
Without very high gas prices and food prices I just don't see it.

Go F uck yourself you piece of Euro trash!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
choice is between Trump and Hillary

BS, they're on the same team.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
You need to buy a better brand of booze..

Contribute to my crowd-funding campaign to replenish my scotch pantry?? Just so I'm prepared for 'civil war'??? laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[Linked Image]

The good stuff!! Blocks those pesky gamma rays from those black helicopters every time!!! laugh

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In all seriousness, if we don't get this country turned around, it will eventually cease to function as a viable nation-state and "Balkanize" itself into nothingness, which will make us easy prey for the Barbarians at the gates...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In all seriousness, if we don't get this country turned around, it will eventually cease to function as a viable nation-state and "Balkanize" itself into nothingness, which will make us easy prey for the Barbarians at the gates...

Some folks have been saying Balkanization is on the horizon for several years. It's coming, and perhaps it needs to.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Some folks have been saying Balkanization is on the horizon for several years. It's coming, and perhaps it needs to.

Chicago sounds like ground zero

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And what for, turn us into a bunch of meaningless little nations? I'll pass. Personally I'm keen to a Seven Days In May scenario...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Voting certain people in will not help you. There are many divisions among Americans and price of food plus gas is cheap, therefore, positive change can not take place. Only through untied passionate acts of desperation can things be changed. Remember the events of October 1917?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek

Voting certain people in will not help you. There are many divisions among Americans and price of food plus gas is cheap, therefore, positive change can not take place. Only through untied passionate desperation can things be changed.

FOAD. Man, I miss the Hapsburgs...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What book did this come from?

Sounds like it might have been a bad movie with Morgan Freeman in it. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Far fetched is putting it mildly..

Easier ways for it to get started.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As America slides down the slope towards Third World status, I see no reason that we shouldn't expect Third World election antics.

I don't know if any of this happens this time, but I expect things to get pretty damned sporty with the BLM types when Trump is the nominee. Does it amp up from there or does it subside? I guess time will tell.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And what for, turn us into a bunch of meaningless little nations? I'll pass. Personally I'm keen to a Seven Days In May scenario...

We could give Florida to the cane-cutters, Haitians, and the Nation of Islam

Last edited by Bluemonday; 03/21/16.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (1moredeer, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,906
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.