Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Sooo, about 2 weeks ago he says dad is it ok to like a girl that's half black? Is it against what the Bible teaches? So it is about a 20 minute drive to town and I tell him, we'll it's like this, Moses was married to an eithiopian. So I have no religious problems with it BUT you need to think about cultural problems. It also says in the old testament to only marry your own kind, again with the BUT, If you read the next verse it says because you will bow down and worship their gods. So to me the problem wasn't marrying someone that's not the same as you, the problem is marring someone who has a different god than your God. I asked him if he liked the way n i g g e r s act? He said not really. I say well if you date this girl you may have to deal with some of her family members who act like [bleep]. He knew what I was talking about cause in my home we call respectable black people black folks but thugs are refused to as [bleep] by everyone. But I also told him don't make your mind up until you meet her family. I also told him if she looks like a milk chocolate white girl with a black girls butt go for it. He laughed and said why do you think I like her dumbass, lol, he is my boy... I told him if my grandkids had kinky hair I would take him out of my will and give all my guns to his brother, lol.

Turns out she is the jealous type and he cut her loose. Today he is going to church with a girl who's last name is Sang. I say what! Is she asian? he says I think she is half white and half Phillipine. I like the Asian girls myself. Mmmmmmmm, I do... I told him I was more concerned about the azzhat preacher (I know him personally) at the church they are going to more than her pedigree. He showed me a picture, she's a beauty.

I don't really give a flip as long as she believes the same as us, faith is a funny thing, it can make people closer than close or as far apart as east from west. My kids believe because I left it up to them to believe what they wanted. I took them to church when they were younger but we quit about 5 years ago. I never pushed them to believe like me, if they had a question I would show them in the word and tell them, you tell me, what do you think this means. It's funny how when you let someone come to their own conclusions how all the traditional bull$hit falls by the wayside. You know, by God my daddy shot pheasants with low brass #8s and that's the best pheasant load there is, that kind of crap except on a religious level. I didn't want to give a religious example cause there would be 1000 replys telling me how I was wrong or right or half right about whatever example I gave. Those threads suck.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I don't really give a flip"

Nicely played. grin

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hell, my wife is a semi-atheist, semi-liberal white woman.

I keep converting her dumbass in the right direction...grin

Other than we are both blue eyed, blond haired honkies, we are fairly opposite in all regards. For whatever reason we get along great.

My brother married a 100% Chinese girl that comes from an extremely hardworking family. I haven't met them yet but they are a prime example of successful, immigrants.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Your brother got it right. I like my women like I like my food, with rice and noodles! Mmmmmmmm asian. I shoulda gone that route my wife and I are also blonde haired eyed honkies and we hate each other. Laff'n.

You must be farming yourl @$$ off I haven't seen you on in a while Sam.

Last edited by seal_billy; 03/23/16.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I once asked my son if his girl friend was a big nagger. He said no, she's a little white woman.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Judge asked my friend if the reason he wanted a divorce was because his wife was a nagger.

He said, "No, but the baby she just had is."

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by seal_billy
...is it ok to like a girl that's half black?...

Any color should be OK--it's all pink inside. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Just don't tell the piccolo player joke to the preacher!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So to me the problem wasn't marrying someone that's not the same as you, the problem is marring someone who has a different god than your God.
You're totally right. The Bible says nothing about race but it says a lot about being unequally yoked - meaning to not marry outside of your beliefs. It's in both the Old and New Testaments. In the OT, we see Israel being brought to grief because they didn't listen to God on this.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

But it don't all smell the same...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
How do you know?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ehh, a friend told me..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by pal

But it don't all smell the same...

But that holds true even if it's all the same color.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I swear I've seen more families torn apart by religion than I have drugs. Crazy sheit to me.

The way I figure it is so long as there is love and they are good to each other, who gives a tinker's damn about color or religion.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Repent you lier. Grin

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I swear I've seen more families torn apart by religion than I have drugs. Crazy sheit to me.

The way I figure it is so long as there is love and they are good to each other, who gives a tinker's damn about color or religion.

I agree to a degree. Love is the greatest thing since creation. But raising kids in a house that is divided spirituality is a tough job. I have seen it with friends.

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Steelhead; words of wisdom were typed there.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I agree to a degree. Love is the greatest thing since creation. But raising kids in a house that is divided spirituality is a tough job. I have seen it with friends.

I put family above all else, old men in the clouds included.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My old man always told me it's ok to practice on them just don't bring one home. smile he thinks he's funny.

It's getting to the point that same race relationships are becoming less of an option.. I'd say go for it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seal billy, your post and this thread remind me of a person.

When in HS in the early 50s about half of our class was black (colored people at that time) and a number were my friends, including some very sharp gals. Time was consumed by sports and music, I rarely went on a date and never had a "girlfriend" as such, and am fairly certain that my folks were not concerned about any dating with a colored girl.

But, as a sophomore and junior, there was one girl in our class with whom I was somewhat fascinated. She was very bright, a very good student and athlete, possessed of lovely bearing and manners and fabulously pretty. Hair slightly reddish brown, skin a golden tone with a few freckles across her cheeks, eyes blue and her facial features slightly negroid. To me, this girl was stunning in appearance, and very classy.

But she had almost no friends - after a while I was one of the few students who would wave in the hall and sit to talk with her. The black students referred to her as "hi yella" and seemed to have nothing to do with her. The cliques of the white kids - a mix of numerous European ethnicities - passed her by. This young lady seemed to have no racial/ethnic identity - and no supporting circle.

When she did not show up for our senior year I missed her and was told she had gone elsewhere to finish school. When I asked my black friends about her and their "hi yella" appellation their explanation was not as erudite and complete as found later in some dictionaries. They just saw her as looking and acting above them due to her light skin, eyes and features - and shut her out. For our own reasons, I guess the rest of us did too.

Have often wondered where she went, what she did and how life became for her.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.