Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 67 68
#11075921 03/27/16
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
As many of you know I've had a problem with alcohol for some time. And as some of you know this problem came to a head about a month or so ago when I not only lost some very close friends, but I also came very close to losing my family.

To make a long story short, the situation I was in caused me to reflect on what the root issue of all my problems truly are. It came down to two things:

1.) Myself.
2.) Alcohol.

This was not any easy thing to admit but once I admitted it, the changes (all for the better) started unfolding.

I am on my way to recovery and I thought that I had apologized to everybody that I had hurt in the past. Until I was visiting with an individual that attends the same AA meetings I do. He had mentioned that he logged onto Facebook and apologized to all the people he had never met, but assuredly offended and attacked while intoxicated. Initially I didn't think anything of his comment until I realized that even though this isn't Facebook, there are still real people with real names and real families that I have attacked on this forum.

I'm not talking about causal back-and-forth ribbing. I'm talking about the people that I personally attacked. I'm not talking about jokingly stating "GFY." I'm talking about the people I was purposely caustic to for no reason. I know now that even though we may still disagree on some topics, I didn't attack them because of what I thought of them. I attacked them because of what I thought of myself.

This list may not be all inclusive but this is the best list I could compile after a great deal of thought and reflection:

Kevin Gibson
JeffO
Take a Knee
Gunwizard
Curdog
RobJordan
bigsqueeze
djs

I would like to apologize to each and every one of the people I listed above. I don't expect all of you to forgive me and I don't expect all of you to accept my apology but I wanted to apologize regardless. Again, some of the things I wrote to all of you were more than just two people disagreeing. They were purposely hateful, and I apologize.

Last but not least I would like to apologize to Mr. Rick Bin. I've used his business to tear others down, when I should have been trying to build my life back up. I've blatantly disregarded his rules in an attempt to make others feel bad, so I could feel good.

I am sorry.

I will more than likely continue to post here if I feel I can help somebody with a question, but I will be posting far less than I have in the past. As anybody that has struggled with this illness knows, there are certain "triggers" I have to avoid right now and posting online is one of them.

If you feel I had slighted you in the past, please PM me. I don't want this post/thread to turn into a pissing match. I only want those that I listed to know how I feel.

Thank you and Happy Easter to all,

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good to hear from you.

Best of luck ......

Keep in touch.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
May God bless and keep you this Easter.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Travis

Happy Easter

Will pray that you continue down the path best for you and family and friends.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello.

I am on day 4, here.

Stay strong.

Happy Easter.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Welcome back, and best of luck.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Good for you.

If it's a problem, just fix it like any other.

You know how now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy Easter

it gets better, take care

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can respect that.

Sounds like you're off to a good start, best of luck in your continued journey.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
GFY

Come on somebody had to say it smile

seriously though, you seem like a good guy with a quick wit. hopefully being sober won't ruin it. we all know how sickening it is to be around reformed drunks.

stay crazy

just not too crazy

and a heartfelt GFY

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Acccepting that we are all not perfect is a good start.
Best of luck in this journey.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I glad for you Travis.

Stick with it. No matter what.

My dad was an alcoholic from the mid 70's, until he died 4 years ago.

We lost him in the 70's though. He was never the same.

Hang in there.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Good for you Travis.

And the best of luck to you and your family.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hi Travis.

Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not a bad day for a Resurrection.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to hear from you. Have been watching your posts hoping to see you return. Funny how this thing works that one gets to know someone he has never met. Anyhow, join in as much as is comfortable, but take care of your self first. It takes a good person to come back and make amends like you did. Happy Easter, best wishes and God bless.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear you are taking care of your problem , Best Wishes for your continued success. May your days continue to get a little more sunny.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ODAAT...... It helps, it works. Coming this 4th of July 31 years for me ODAAT.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Travis,

When you first told me about your problems, I was really concerned that you would not be able to save your awesome little family. I am so glad to hear that you are sticking with this.

Take care and God Bless Buddy!

Rooster

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best wishes to you. You are not the first to fight this battle, and I wish for your success.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1minute, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,190
Posts18,484,929
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.