Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Long article, sad read. The final blow to Rhodesian independence at the end involved Henry Kissinger and his ultimatum to Ian Smith in a meeting in Pretoria. Further, the demise of White minority rule in South Africa was planned in the 1970's, also. mad

http://thecasualobserver.co.za/rhodesia-the-great-betrayal/

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boy you got that right!!!! But most Americans don't know and they don't care and they won't care until the same sob's who did that to Rhodesia does it to THEM and that is happening even as I type this.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope I'm wrong, but it seems you will not be able to save yourselves by casting election ballots.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
this is how obama wants to fundamentally change america. stir up the disenfranchised, turn them into terrorists, import more terrorists (dem voters) and overthrow the white man who has made this country great. 100 years from now we will be a chaotic mess like most of africa and the middle east. this is obamas legacy and our boy bush lit the fuse.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta love that RPD. Those things are bad azz!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Political correctness run amuck.

It seems to be policy that blacks will be better off under a ruthless dictator than a civilized government as long as the dictator is black as well.

Well, they aren't.

And it's very politically incorrect to notice the one 800 pound gorilla in the room. Governments run by blacks just don't get anything right.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What happened to Rhodesia is one of the great tragedies of the 20th century. mad frown sick

Lots of good stuff about Rhodesia and the Bush Wars here:

http://selousscouts.tripod.com/home_page.htm

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every time I see Jimmy Carter I remember how he enabled Mugabe, the Russians and the UN to destroy Rhodesia then South Africa.
Carter loved the black terrorists like Obama loves the Muslim terrorists.

Remember whites in Rhodesia and South Africa were outnumbered on average 20 to 1.

We have strength in numbers here but a fractionalized political and social landscape.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobWills
Boy you got that right!!!! But most Americans don't know and they don't care and they won't care until the same sob's who did that to Rhodesia does it to THEM and that is happening even as I type this.

We have nine months to prepare maybe even less.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for posting this Gonehunting. Long read but I finally got through it this evening.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out that a Neocon joo engineered the downfall of the last free-market economy on the African Continent, at the behest of that filthy southern-baptist POS named James Earl Carter. May he and his joo buddy burn in hell.

What did Reagan do to prevent what happened later in S. Africa? NOTHING.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krupp
Originally Posted by BobWills

We have nine months to prepare maybe even less.

Buy lots of ammo in advance, lay in a supply of brass/powder/primers/bullets. Hillary will unleash her wrath on everything connected with guns and stomp out the Second Amendment as it exists. The GOP infighting is going to put her in the White House.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
Gotta love that RPD. Those things are bad azz!

Yep. Gimme a dollar for every time someone tried to cap my ass with a RPD? You'll need a loan maybe. I agree with the "bad" part.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In 1970 Rhodesia was the bread basket of Africa. A prosperous and wealthy nation, it exported tons of food.
Since the communist tyrant Mugabe took over, Rhodesia is now a basket case. Many die of starvation every year, and it has to import food.

Very sad story.

By the way in 1970 I was on the soccer team at Ga. State University in Atlanta.
One of my team mates was a guy named Peter Makaya. He was from Rhodesia. Only, he called it "Zimbabwe." This was the first time I ever had heard that word.
We would ask Peter, "What will you do when you graduate from school."
He said "I will return to Zimbabwe and kill the white man."
We said "But Peter we are White. Do you want to kill us?"
He said "No, you chaps are my friends and team mates. You are Americans and I have no grudge with you. But the White man in Zimbabwe is an oppressor and I will kill him!"

It turned out Peter was from one of the few wealthy black families in Rhodesia. His father realized he was becoming a revolutionary and he shipped him off to America to keep him out of trouble.

Turned out Peter never realized his dream. He remained in America, got a Doctorate in History, and a Law degree, and became a professor at Middle Georgia College.

And, here he is:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-b-makaya-ph-d-j-d-7a123916

Two years ago I sent Peter an email. I quoted him saying "I will return to Zimbabwe and kill the white man."
I enclosed a pic of us together on the GSU soccer team.
I really liked Peter, he was a great soccer player and a good guy. I hoped to hear back from him.
He never replied. I guess he is trying to forget his past.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 04/03/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tough men fought the communists, but most of us sat on our hands and let the commies win. Too few resources were their demise, not any lack of courage and resolve.

[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wait a minute, when is MTV going to do a special about how great things turned out?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Tough men fought the communists, but most of us sat on our hands and let them win. Too few resources were their demise, not any lack of courage and resolve.

Over 300 Americans joined the Rhodesian Army. Most in the Rhodesian Light Infantry. Only a handful were accepted into the SAS and the Selous Scouts.

My land nav buddy in the Q-Course was on a 5th Grp ODA in the early 80's whose intel SGT was one of those.

The RLI started out as an airmobile force, but helicopter parts became scarce and they all became paratroopers. Dropping them out of C-47 Dakotas was how they took it to the terrs.

Several times, after getting intel from Selous Scouts watching a village full of CT's (commie terrs), they would airmobile land a support element of Mag-58 machine-gun teams. Meanwhile the Dakotas would be on a jump-run, dropping the RLI just out of small-arms range. They'd land, assemble, and move to contact. Any terr had to leave his weapon and run, anyone armed with combloc guns got shredded by the MG teams.

I've read that they did this, the same troops, three times in one day more than once. THREE combat jumps with a movement to contact, in one day.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I had no idea. Thanks for posting.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Tough men fought the communists, but most of us sat on our hands and let them win. Too few resources were their demise, not any lack of courage and resolve.

Over 300 Americans joined the Rhodesian Army. Most in the Rhodesian Light Infantry. Only a handful were accepted into the SAS and the Selous Scouts.

My land nav buddy in the Q-Course was on a 5th Grp ODA in the early 80's whose intel SGT was one of those.

The RLI started out as an airmobile force, but helicopter parts became scarce and they all became paratroopers. Dropping them out of C-47 Dakotas was how they took it to the terrs.

Several times, after getting intel from Selous Scouts watching a village full of CT's (commie terrs), they would airmobile land a support element of Mag-58 machine-gun teams. Meanwhile the Dakotas would be on a jump-run, dropping the RLI just out of small-arms range. They'd land, assemble, and move to contact. Any terr had to leave his weapon and run, anyone armed with combloc guns got shredded by the MG teams.

I've read that they did this, the same troops, three times in one day more than once. THREE combat jumps with a movement to contact, in one day.

Was there any mention of Rory Hensmen? wink He's a tough old dude now and is in SA.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't recall the name but THE book on that war is named Fireforce. I have a bad habit of not finishing books but that one was impossible to put down. Reads like a novel but its all true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have the book and as yet not read it. I'll have to dig it out. wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

47 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 6MMWASP, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,436 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,080
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.