Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just watch this, its only 5 minutes.

Don't let your faith stagnate

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Maybe he should do some sermons when flying PubliK. Get him some converts. wink

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Evangelical Vote"....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
people that believe in him can't see it, those that don't see it right away

insert your own politician joke here.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He used to be on TV down here a lot. Loved watching him, the quintessential snake-oil pusher. Man, I miss the Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker TV days.. Which one had the "Prayer Cloth"? (for a donation of course). The Opium of the masses...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know you were allowed to quote Nietzsche on this forum

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Marx: "Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of German philosopher and economist Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often rendered as "religion... is the opiate of the masses."

The quotation originates from the introduction of his work A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right, published posthumously. The introduction (written in 1843) was published in 1844 in Marx's own journal Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher, a collaboration with Arnold Ruge.

The full quote from Karl Marx translates as: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Often quoted, the interpretation of the metaphor in its context has received much less attention.[1] Some other people used similar phrases

There, did it twice and for TRH, yes we know Marx was "ein juden"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
TFF

God's probably throwing up somewhere after watching the video of those two clowns, using his name to justify why they think they need to have their own private jets...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The funniest part was when he said he didn't need a private jet to scratch his flying bug,...that he could do that in his other airplane.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He used to be on TV down here a lot. Loved watching him, the quintessential snake-oil pusher. Man, I miss the Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker TV days.. Which one had the "Prayer Cloth"? (for a donation of course). The Opium of the masses...

Jim and Tammy Faye Baker used to live in the tourist town of Gatlinburg TN. They would sell tee shirts that had a face print of gawdy make-up on it that read, I ran into Tammy Faye in Gatlinburg TN.

They ran the PTL (Praise The Lord) club,... it was later known as the PTL (Pass The Ludes, as in qualudes)club.

IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Marx: "Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of German philosopher and economist Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often rendered as "religion... is the opiate of the masses."

The quotation originates from the introduction of his work A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right, published posthumously. The introduction (written in 1843) was published in 1844 in Marx's own journal Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher, a collaboration with Arnold Ruge.

The full quote from Karl Marx translates as: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Often quoted, the interpretation of the metaphor in its context has received much less attention.[1] Some other people used similar phrases

interesting - that quote if often associated with Nietzsche

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought so as well, but doing some research on "Das Kapital" reminded me, so I "googled" it...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kenny Copeland just watched Iron Man with his grandkids and now he wants to be Tony Stark and have the dancing stewardesses:

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The funniest part was when he said he didn't need a private jet to scratch his flying bug,...that he could do that in his other airplane.

I liked the part where he talked about how annoyed he was with people that kept stopping him asking him to pray for them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.. Which one had the "Prayer Cloth"? (for a donation of course). The Opium of the masses...

That would have been the Reverend Ike, rest his soul..

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The entire quote changes completely the meaning most often associated with the paraphrase, does it not?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not from what I remember, it was another form of Baptist-charlatan type.

Sean: I don't think so?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Don't let your faith stagnate

The faith I believe you refer to isn't in men.

If it is, it's already stagnant and putrid.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snake oil is a powerful Placebo....

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Jim and Tammy Faye Baker used to live in the tourist town of Gatlinburg TN. They would sell tee shirts that had a face print of gawdy make-up on it that read, I ran into Tammy Faye in Gatlinburg TN.

They ran the PTL (Praise The Lord) club,... it was later known as the PTL (Pass The Ludes, as in qualudes)club.

Many/most Tv evangelists have used some type of 'prayer object' gimmic in their broadcasts at one time or another.

Robert Tilton was the absolute biggest looney-bird charlatan I can recall ever seeing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1minute, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,917
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.