-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send Ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio And all my dreams would come true"

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Two chitballs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[video:youtube]J0_KKg6Wh3Q[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
bout time someone brought that around!

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Supposedly, Joel and the Missus live off the revenue from his books; he doesn't take a salary from his church. I've only watched him a few times and don't recall him asking for money. He doesn't really preach and he doesn't really teach; he just talks. If that's typical of all that goes on at his church, then it's no wonder it's huge. People usually look around untl they find a church that lets them do what they want. Doesn't make him a crook, just maybe a waste of time.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once I asked my mom to listen to Chuck Swindal everyday for a full week. I wanted to know if she thought he was a great Christian teacher or a fantastic public speaker. She told me after a week she heard a fantastic public speaker. That's what I think of Jesse.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I have often wondered who God had the most disdain for, the preachers who stray or those who proclaim it loudly.

Can't say for sure, but I strongly suspect he places both types above politicians who pose for photos while praying in front of the White House.
I doubt he has any disdain for prayer of any kind as long as it's sincere and only He knows if it is. You just like listening to that devil on your other shoulder too much.

All that praying in public hypocrisy is covered very plainly. You know that.

And you plainly don't understand it. It simply goes to the intent of the heart, and no one knows that but God.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

And you plainly don't understand it. It simply goes to the intent of the heart, and no one knows that but God.

I understand you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They do this kind of crap that causes people to hate them and then they cry "Christian persecution" when in fact there's nothing "Christian" about them.

I shoot one just as fast as a Muzz and for the same reasons.

Here's another one for ya.

The Annointing of Ted Cruz

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]And you plainly don't understand it. It simply goes to the intent of the heart, and no one knows that but God./quote]

Ah, but we can.

Matthew 12:33-34 Jesus says,
"'Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.'"

To support that we look at an instruction in,
2 Timothy 2:22
"Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
2 Peter 2American Standard Version (ASV)

2 But there arose false prophets also among the people, as among you also there shall be false teachers, who shall privily bring in [a]destructive heresies, denying even the Master that bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their lascivious doings; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And in covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose sentence now from of old lingereth not, and their destruction slumbereth not.

2 Peter 2New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

False Teachers Will Be Destroyed

2 But there were also false prophets among the people. In the same way there will be false teachers among you. In secret they will bring in teachings that will destroy you. They will even turn against the Lord and Master who died to pay for their sins. So they will quickly destroy themselves. 2 Many people will follow their lead. These people will do the same evil things the false teachers do. They will cause people to think badly about the way of truth. 3 These teachers are never satisfied. They want to get something out of you. So they make up stories to take advantage of you. They have been under a sentence of death for a long time. The God who will destroy them has not been sleeping.

Last edited by Robert_White; 04/06/16.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[video:youtube]MyKNmvJYO7o[/video]

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He said, "Come on over here son, let me show you around
Over there's where we put the preachers, I never liked those clowns
They're always blaming me for everything wrong under the sun
It ain't that harder to do what's right, it's just maybe not as much fun
Then they walk around thinking they're better than me and you
And then they get caught in a motel room
Doing what they said not to do"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol

What a crock...!

Those guys are nuthin' more than charlatans.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just another free-loading Hypocrite!!

He and Swaggart.....bums-alike!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why do some people feel like they gotta go through these charlatans, or anybody else...whether it's a pastor or a pope...in order to get through to their Creator and have a relationship with Him...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do some people feel like they gotta go through these charlatans, or anybody else...whether it's a pastor or a pope...in order to get through to their Creator and have a relationship with Him...?
Good question - have never been able to calculate why.

As for the topic and the thread, God is not fooled - one iota. There will be a day - for all.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Supposedly, Joel and the Missus live off the revenue from his books; he doesn't take a salary from his church. I've only watched him a few times and don't recall him asking for money. He doesn't really preach and he doesn't really teach; he just talks. If that's typical of all that goes on at his church, then it's no wonder it's huge. People usually look around untl they find a church that lets them do what they want. Doesn't make him a crook, just maybe a waste of time.

Exactly! He's nothing more than a motivational speaker. Pointless...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1lessdog, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,091
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.