Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've never smoked pot but was raised that it was bad and the "hippies across town" were living proof. The welfare system in MN was really BAD back then and they took advantage.

I always associated pot with fat lazy hippies until I got older.

Now I have friends that indulge once in awhile but for me it's like...meh...I'm 45 years old, why try it now?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Marijuana causes permanent brain impairment in those whose brain is still developing, which is up to about age 25. For everyone else it impairs depth perception, causing more accidents. It should remain outlawed.

Couldn't the same thing be said for alcohol....

Don't get me wrong....I don't encourage it's use but the prohibition on Pot is hypocricy...plain and simple.....

On the plus side.....

http://www.girlsinyogapants.com/happy-420-weed-yoga-pants/#more-34692

Last edited by FieldGrade; 04/20/16.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They lie about marijuana when they tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated.
The truth is, when you're high you can do everything you normally do, just as well.

The difference is, you realize that it's not worth the fugg'n effort!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by add
[Linked Image]

I don't think Shirley is inhaling. She'd made a great Prez!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I keep getting calls from slow talking dimwits wanting to know if I like, you know, put in water tanks and drip irrigation to stuff.

Azzholes. F the pot smokers. They're morons and trashy people I got no use for em.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by P_Weed
They lie about marijuana when they tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated.
The truth is, when you're high you can do everything you normally do, just as well.

The difference is, you realize that it's not worth the fugg'n effort!

Funny story from a buddy:

"Piss Test Todd" comes to the job site. They start talking about a mutual acquaintance they both know that works his balls off 24/7/365. He is self employed and builds and remodels houses and lake cabins.

Anyway:

Buddy: "Hey what has so and so been up to?"

PTT: "Oh my God! He lost it! He went and bought a pound of weed and a tent and disappeared for 6 months!"

Buddy: "What?? HIM? That guy NEVER quits! What is he doing now?!"

PTT: "OH he's back. He just doesn't feel like doing a fugkin thing anymore"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of the hardest working guys I know is a pothead. Just about Every other doper I know is pretty much a lowlife douchbag. People are people, most dope smokers are useless fugks...I've smoked my share in my youth, then I grew up.

Eat moose, burn spruce
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
One of the strangest things about these threads is all the absolute loser, hippy, welfare moochin, lazy, etc....smokers many of you seem to know about.
I know a fair amount of pot smokers. Every single one of them has a job and a house and a family and is doing great.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the difference is that when I say dope smoker, I'm talking about people who smoke pot multiple times every day. Responsible adults who smoke on occasion are a different case.JMO...

Eat moose, burn spruce
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pittu
I think the difference is that when I say dope smoker, I'm talking about people who smoke pot multiple times every day. Responsible adults who smoke on occasion are a different case.JMO...

IME, frequency of smoking is not the issue. It's the capability of a person to handle their drugs in a manner that is responsible for them and not a safety hazard for anyone else. That's what it comes down to in my worthless opinion. Know plenty of people earning quite a bit in software who smoke a whole lot. make tons of money and have families and are raising normal kids. Some of these kids know their parent or parents smoke. Some don't. The ones that know don't like it generally and have no inclination to try it themselves. There's exception to every rule like the roommate I had for a few years. Parents were lazy potheads with .gov jobs, and he was a lazy, worthless, messy fugck. But he paid rent and bills on time and kept his mess to his bathroom and bedroom.

Last edited by bigfish9684; 04/20/16.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I see no redeeming value in it.. but sure see the costs of its use to society....

Don't have a clue why anyone sees any reason to diminish one's mental capacity, to function... or go thru a day...

but I don't drink alcohol either, but did in my college days for a year or so... and then dropped that habit when I saw some of my best buddies turning into alcoholics...

guess I don't need to be high to not give a damn about things that one shouldn't give a damn about anyway... guess its called maturing...

of well I hope everyone interested had a happy dope day...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
imo&e pot is a lesser evil than alcohol.

can't believe it's taken so long to legalize it.

big Pharma was against it, they don't want the competition.

If you follow the money, you'll find that the alcohol lobby is where the resistance comes from.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell

If you follow the money, you'll find that the alcohol lobby is where the resistance comes from.

Following the the money back in history you will find the timber (paper) industry behind outlawing hemp/MJ. It was outlawed when the agriculture equipment was invented to take the intensive labor out of harvesting hemp and separating the fiber from the woody core of the plant.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, I'm not much on moral equivilents. "Weed is not as bad a booze, therefore weed is ok". Kinda like adultery is not as bad as theft, so it's ok.

Face it, weed makes people apathetic, lethargic and stupid. There is enough ot that to go around without having weed store pop up like Vape shops.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Drugs and alcohol reveal a persons character more than alter their character, in my experience. I was a heavy drinker/partier in college, but still kept good grades. One of the kids I knew smoked a lot, was on the golf team, pre-med yuppy type, and nobody would have guessed how much pot he smoked. Folks don't realize who the pot smokers are unless they let their own secret out most times.

I knew a judge once that was a pot/coke head, but still a successful guy, and nobody would have ever known until a rumor slipped that turned out to be true.

At my age now, I just don't think it is worth fighting the public and locking people away over pot. I wouldn't agree with harder drugs, drugs that are addicting becoming legal, but marijuana just isn't worth the cost to fight it, imo. Taxing it at 30+% and making a bundle of state tax revenue seems like the smarter move.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

Yeah, I'm not much on moral equivilents. "Weed is not as bad a booze, therefore weed is ok". Kinda like adultery is not as bad as theft, so it's ok.

Face it, weed makes people apathetic, lethargic and stupid. There is enough ot that to go around without having weed store pop up like Vape shops.

Just the opposite.

Alcohol is every bit as evil as weed.

Therefore, alcohol should be illegal, anyone using alcohol is a lazy, worthless, no account, phucquing idiot who can't hold down a steady job, is a constant danger to all around him or her, basically isn't worth a sh*t and should be jailed. Alcohol dealers - 7-11 clerks, Piggly-Wiggly store managers and so forth, should be executed.

Anything less is hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Personal responsibilty is all I ask.

You are responsible for what you do with alcohol, drugs, texting, calling, putting makeup on, not showing for work, etc....

The gun is not at fault, the "shooter" is.

Now how do you cover the costs of drugs/alcohol treatment, thats a big issue, but if it was down to you being responsible for your actions, there would be a lot less policing etc... required.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they can do it, and pay for it, and their life style without any of my tax money, then OK. But, I don't see that happening. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I did my share back when. But having been an Employer or Manager most of my life there are three words that affect my views about this now.

Workman Compensation Claims...

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hatari

Face it, weed makes people apathetic, lethargic and stupid.
There is enough ot that to go around without having weed store pop up like Vape shops.

Exactly like Hatari is stating... Weed turns people's brains into DemocRATs....

coming back from Portland this past weekend, on old Hwy 99W, passed thru one small town.... and here is this yoyo, holding this sign ( say 36 inches x 36 inches) with a big green cross on it ( like the Red Cross symbol, only Green instead)...that is the symbol all of this pot selling locations are using to symbolize maryjane for medicinal purposes.. which is a sham...

but this idiot is walking out into traffic, on the dividing line and pointing to the store that sells the crap....speed limit was only 25 mph, but he's still standing out in front of cars, for people to have to slow down even slower to avoid clipping him...

when folks honked their horn at him for being in the middle of the road with his sign, he flips them the bird...

of course he looked the part... dreadlocks, hadn't shaved or bathed in weeks...yellow cruddy looking teeth...

personally I think the idiot was probably stoned, along with being hopped up on meth....

yeah, that's one of the social problems I see since they legalized it here in this state....

you don't see drunks out in the middle of the road, with a sign blocking traffic to point out the bar he's trying to draw attention to...so others can get drunk like him....

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (257_X_50, 21, 2ndwind, 41rem, 10 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,015
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.