Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will continue to pray for you, texas_hunter. Best of luck.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tex, Pat told me about your "adventure" and I figured I'd rejoin the living long enought to post my condolences. Hospitals SUCK, man. I know. But nurses come in all flavors so don't consider them ALL to be Satan. The ones that are, however, probably work for my ex. [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>Best of luck to ya' and I'll try to keep Pat out of trouble. <BR>But with your example to follow, I think I'll have to take that Eye-talian 'cycle away from him to keep him out of trouble. Don't worry, I'll take good care of it. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>Talker

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tex, are you still going to try and show up at Tom's Slam? We'd keep you off that foot, even if we'd have to hobble you, and tie you to a chair! Heck, with the high elevation, and those pain pills, you'd feel no pain. If driving is a problem, I know one of us poor soles would be more than willing to pick you up. You,(grin) could ride the ATV around camp, from tent to tent, and to the latrine. I've finished my miniature block & tackle, we could easily lift you on, and off. If you promise not to do it again!<BR>Friendship, good food, and a riffle would take your mind off that hurt. Heck, how offten would you get a chance to hunt from the prone position, at the edge of camp, laying in a chase lounge, beer in hand. Just give us the correct password, to get back in ourselves. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>In all seriousness, take care of that leg, and get well soon.<P>Phil

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Grey: Sorry dude but I am out of action for a long time it looks like. There is no cast. I can't have the foot touch the ground at all. Pins/screws holding it in a external frame.<P>It's very difficult moving around the house in a wheelchair, using the bathroom etc.. Lots of pain still right now, although they say it will get better in the next few weeks. <P>Basicaly my legs F*cked. I have a tough next year with rehab and more operations to MAYBE be ready for next year. No one is promising me next year will be OK. No one knows. I am determined to follow Doc's orders and kick ass to get back to where I was three weeks agon in the next year.<P>30 seconds of stupidity and a year of pain to pay me back. I can't believe I have done this. I have never been hurt and I'm 45. Played all sports. Never grew up, and only had a chipped toothe until now.<P>A very sobbering wake up call I would say. Does seem like my punishment was extreme for the crime (grin) but then again it could of been much uglier then this. Believe it or not I was lucky to of just crushed my leg out of this deal. Does not seem to have nerve damage etc.. but remeber it's not not a break either. I crushed my lower leg and there are a bunch of pieces still "floating" around at this point. Thats why I know I have one maybe two more surgeries in the next 4 months or so. <P>Cross your fingers and say a prayer for next year for me dude. I will be cranked up big time for next year. If I work hard and don't do anything stupid, (and the Slam this year would rank as very stupid) then I reckon next year is a reasonable goal!<P>You guys Rock On at the Slam this year and give Old Tex a toast after you get the first Elk OK?<P>Cheers<P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tex, man I didn't realize you were that bad off. I appoligize if I offended. I know what you mean about the 30 seconds to disaster. But hey, anybody that say's s--t doesn't happen is a fool. After 4 years in the Army, 97 Airborne jumps, driving off a 100' cliff and never touching the side then landing on the roof upside down(this when I was 24), and over 20 years of moving heavy machinery. In 1994 I sliped, and fell on a railroad jack, having to have back surgery. Never seriously injured before that. And just about two weeks ago, while remoting the crane, while doing K-Rail. I swung the boom of the crane around right into a 12,000 volt power line. Just bumped it, got lucky, didn't knock it down, and nobody got hurt. But hey, s--t doe's happen. Unless you just stop doing everything, and stay home watching TV for the rest of your life, you just got to put up with it. It's part of life! Don't blame your self, and just keep having fun, it's worth it.<P>You'll have all my prayors, and hope you make that fast recovery.<P>Phil

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my theory has always been,that there is MUCH more that can go wrong,than can go right. <P>It is a wonder,that anybody(that does anything),lives to see their 21st B-Day. I'm still scratching my head,on how I made it. <P>Keep your outlook bright and do as the Doctor asks. Just remember,it could of always been worse..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Grey: I was not the least offended?? I didn't take it that way and know you would not of said it in any derogatory fashion. Your a good man Grey.<P>Attitude wise I guess I am yo-yoing right now. Good somedays and depressed as hell others. I still jerk awake at night seeing the last 4 seconds before impact. Just replaying it over and over. The leg looks so bad with the pins coming out right now I can't even look at it yet. I could look or clean it out etc if it was someone ELSES leg but it is rather disturbing to look down at the pins/screws just coming out of my leg.. Very cyborg looking. I almost puke seeing it in my leg.<P>Bored to tears. Just counting another day flushed right now. Can stay upright maybe an hour a day total right now.<P>If you guys get bored CALL ME, cause this is the sh*ts dude. <P>Send books. Or broken computers?? I'll fix or build computers for nothing just to have something to do......<P>So if I cut up too much on the board here in the next few months remember that I am fricking going nuts. (like tahts a stretch of the old imagination huh?) LooneyTunes crazy. Certified by seceral independent laboratories. <P>And I probably just needed to "release" a little. And you guys get the brunt of it. I mean I can't take it out on Robin? She's taken care of me, that sweetheart of a gal I've got. You guys on the otherhand can't even hit me or nuthin ..... (grin)<P>Tex<P>P.S. Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Whips and Chains excite me????

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tex,<P>A buddy of mine had a great BRAINSTORM and ended up shooting himself in the foot. He had run chainsaws for his entire life and needed surgery,to correct problems in both hands. Figuring it made the most sense,to get ALL over at once,he opted to have both hands done at the same time(see where this is going?!?).<P>Wellll,like most theories,that SOUNDED great. But he soon sees the error of his ways,as he was bandaged to the elbows on both sides and remained unable to wipe his own hiney,for the LONGEST while. He too had a great Wife and she pulled him through and took care of the hiney(THAT Gentlemen,is LOVE!). He still laughs about his brainstorm(as time does heal all wounds).<P>Life is full of ups and downs,sometimes self-inflicted,other times just poor luck. Attitude is everything,but sometimes that is difficult to remember. I've worked with many guys,who suffer permanent disabilities. The type of stuff that NEVER gets better. You may be down,but you are not out. <P>Think how fortunate you are,to have Robin. Things aren't always as bad as they seem. This will pass and will someday make a grand story,for your Grandkids. Did you specify grease fittings,in your knee? I know I sure could use some.<P>I'll get off of here and call your lame ass(grin) and hook you up with some reading material......

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just yacked at the lad. He's intently watching the Cowboys play and sounded pretty good to me,given his tough luck.<P>You boys ought to give him a ring,I believe it means a lot...........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tex, very sorry to hear about your mishap. Hang in there, buddy. A friend of mine did the same thing to his left arm at work a few years ago. I know it looks (and hurts) like he**, but hang in there, it gets better. I'll be keeping you in prayer.<BR>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tex,<P>I forgot to ask in my first post: What exactly happened? Are we talking a design defect here (manufacturer liability) or negligence of another motorist? I mean, obviously this thing can't be your fault because then we don't have anyone to pin (sorry about the pun) it on. Your pain and suffering is going to be worth a fortune once we identify and stick it to the schmuck that did this to you! Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you that the defendant must take responsibility for his/her/its actions! My client, poor Mr. Tex simply desires justice. Today that justice will come at a price; a price that will be decided by YOU, a jury of his peers!<P>Oh it'll be great! I'll wear my power suit (black with pinstripes) and my blood red tie. Does Robin look good in black? She's female so we already know that she can cry at the drop of a hat. Keep a daily journal of all your pain and inconveniences. ALL of them. Follow your doctor's orders to the letter. Juries generally expect the victim to make every effort to get better, but will reward you handsomely when you don't.<P> [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But...I would like to hear the whole story! And yes, I have added you to my list of people that I pray for. Call me with any specific requests (360) 736-1301. You have time, read your Bible and tell me what you think.<P>You're the man!<P>Wade

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Waders: Appreciate the thoughts. If I pray for better pain pills does it still count?<P>This would be a chance for you to really shine at your craft! I would have to sue myself for gross stupidity, above and beyond the call of duty. You can play both the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney? A unique chance to showcase your talents???<P>Cheers<P>Tex

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmm, if you have homeowner's you might be able to sue your insurance company to cover your bills. After all it was the dumbazz homeowner's fault. <P>Hope you are feeling better as soon as possible. <P>BTW, why don't you get that go cart fixed and you can wheel around in it? Just have to change the peddle arrangement a bit and make sure that Robin has your life insurance paid up. LOL

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Tex, was wondering where you had been, terribly sorry to hear about your mishap. Did you happen to say just before "hey ya'll watch this" [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] ?? biff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Tex... I can appreciate what Waders is trying to do, but c'mon... if this went to trial, it could involve a jury of your peers... Man alive, WE ARE YOUR PEERS! Are you really willing to risk that? Even as good as Wade is, this level of character reference could get you sued by the go kart! Hope the new color of pills helps the pain. Man, I cringe every time I think about you. ( I cringe when I think about your leg too! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] ) Keep your chin up Dude, you've got a lot of people praying for you and hoping for a pronto recovery.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Biff: last words were along the lines of "oh Sh*t !!!" I'm sure.<P>8ball: truly a sobering thought to realize you guys ARE a real jury of my pears? Wait a dad gum minute here! I think I'll put this beer back in the Fridge till it gets closer to noon OK? (grin).<P>Waders could play a schitzo lawyer, leading a double life, which would allow him to be both prosecutor and defense judge!! You guys could all be the jury. YEAH THATS THE TICKET YEAH!!! Tex sues himself. Of course I will take the classic "temporary insanity" defense. (grin) Thats one not like its a stretch for me to convince YOU GUYS right? Unless they fight me on the "temporary" part?<P>Can you guys tell I'm like really bored today?<P>Remember send pills, broken computers to work on, or your favorite book. I need something to do guys. I'm going nuts.<P>I set the cat on fire yesterday. Fire CAN be your friend! (BOSEG)<P>HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP<P>T-Rex Ugh... I mean "tex"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tex-<P>Just off the phone with my wife and we have decided to send you a little care package. Please post or email me your mailing address. Wade@CentraliaLaw.com <P>What kind of books do you read?<BR>Do you build laptops?<BR>What kind of movies do you like?<BR>Do you do crosswords? search-a-word? jigsaw puzzles?<BR>Do you like brain-teasers? (I'll get you one that's on your level. i.e. What is the next number in this series: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ___?)<BR>Do you/Can you play computer games?<P><BR>Give me your answers and other suggestions before 5pm Pacific Time today. <P>Later,<P>Wade

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Waders: Your the man dude ! (grin)<P>Mark Withers<BR>1113 Garden Isle<BR>Irving TX 75060<P>Answers to your questions <P>Books... I was looking for anything outdoors kinda just cus I'm stuck inside... Robin is a voracious reader of mysteries. Grisham etc.. Our home library is better stocked then the local public library?<P>puters: I can FIX a laptop but not build one from scratch. But anybody wanting to build or upgrade a computer.... This is a great oppurtunity to have it custom built to your specs for nothing. Just pay for parts. The price of motherboards, cpu's and memory has NEVER been lower. Will also just fix your screwed up PC. They usually don't need parts. Just scratching and reloading Windows. PAy shipping and it's done ! (grin)<P>Pamela Lee is my favorite actress..... (grin) Just kidding. Any movies are cool. Bonus if its something my daughter can watch for family time.<P>Not much on jigsaw puzzles etc.. Or computer games. When I can set up longer at the puter I will start working again and building a website etc... Just no money right now for new parts or anything to jack with the puters in the Lab at he house. In fact I can't get the wheelchair into the lab by myself.... So we will end up with 4 computers in the den before long..... Robin just loves it when I spread my crap out everywhere? (grin)<P>Biggest problem is it will be a couple weeks before I can spend much time sitting up without the leg aching yet.... MSSGN sent me some books. I started reading a paperback Capstick book called Death in the Tall Grass or something?? Like his style of writing. <P>Big Stick sent a home movie out yesterday with a book on bear guides in Alaska. Should be cool. I love fly fishing. When I can sit up longer I will make toons hubby come up from Houston and build me a reloading bench. I have all the crap and this would be a great time to learn how..<P>You guys are great. It's just nice knowing you guys are here to yak it when I get up and hurt or get discouraged.<P>I, I, I, I love you man.<P>Tex

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tex,<P>Dude, your killin' me! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Are you sure ya want Toons-Hubby building your reloading bench? Those engineer types go <B>way</B> overboard sometimes! Might started drilling down to your foundation just to get a good steady footing! The good news with Toons-Hubby is, that if the saw breaks, he can snap those 4x4's off by hand! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Ain't the backdeck to the lake wheelchair accesible? Seems like a good time to go fishing to me.<P>If your reading Capstick, then it's game over. JJHack need only watch for your deposit check around next April. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>By the way, your signature line, about heading to the mountains <I>"as fast as I can"</I>, might need some editing! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Have you read Gen. Boddingtons "Safari Rifles"? I got it in softcover and you can <B>borrow</B> it.<P>Say hi to Robin and the daughter, from all us here.

Brian

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BW: ANYTHING on guns/rifles will be read, fondled lightly and returned in good condition. Promise. (grin) Heck lets make it a "Cub Scout Promise" !!!<P>Tex<P>Note: I was kicked out of the cub scouts at age 8 for eating Brownies....... Remember Brownies??? They had never had someone so young swim the lake at night to get to the little girls camp ????

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (280shooter, 30incher, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1minute, 36 invisible), 2,159 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,323
Posts18,505,850
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.