Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Braves won! The duel with the Twins remains hot!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pointer
One of my favorite teams and player just started this week. For an 8yo he gets his money's worth when he swings! laugh

[Linked Image]

Now if I can just get that top hand 'fixed'...

I've coached travel baseball for 10+ years at all ages. Have a 14u tournament tonight.

You CANNOT decipher a swing from a still photo. You have no idea where the pitch was, what the count was, what the situation was, or what his stance, load, stride, or grip looked like to start.

This kid looks strong and sturdy. He's a lefty. He's 8u. Don't over think it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
i dread this year, more than likely the Cubs are going to go through our division on a tear. my Red Birds will have to eat some crow possibly at the end of the season.

no doubt

I'm beginning to think Theo Epstein knows a lil sumpthin sumpthin bout building a ball team.

Let's go Cardinals, let's go

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
One of my favorite teams and player just started this week. For an 8yo he gets his money's worth when he swings! laugh

[Linked Image]

Now if I can just get that top hand 'fixed'...

I've coached travel baseball for 10+ years at all ages. Have a 14u tournament tonight.

You CANNOT decipher a swing from a still photo. You have no idea where the pitch was, what the count was, what the situation was, or what his stance, load, stride, or grip looked like to start.

This kid looks strong and sturdy. He's a lefty. He's 8u. Don't over think it.
He's been barreling them up, so I am just trying to stay out of his way right now. But, if I could just get that little 'dip' out of his swing... wink

Teams with good kids (I did not say players on purpose) like he's on make me remember why I like baseball so much!

His 5yo brother's season started on Saturday.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by pointer; 04/17/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cubs..11-3...

IC B2

hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
He's been barreling them up, so I am just trying to stay out of his way right now. But, if I could just get that little 'dip' out of his swing... wink

Teams with good kids (I did not say players on purpose) like he's on make me remember why I like baseball so much!

[/quote]

Enjoy these years! My ride is coming to an end. It's been great.

hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
On another note, ATL Braves have won 4 in a row!
They still will lose close to 100.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari

Enjoy these years! My ride is coming to an end. It's been great.[/quote] I am so far!! One thing that has really changed since I was playing is the quality of the fields! Our home park has 8 fields, all now with field turf infields! These kids don't even know what a bad hop is. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Being a Cardinals fan, it hurts to say it, but the Cubs have the potential to be VERY good this year. Their big hitters haven't even really gotten started yet. Just have to keep their 3 big starters healthy...

PS- I love the way Arrieta goes about business. It's amazing how good he's been after just a small change in his delivery since Baltimore.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
13-4 unreal start...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And the Twins lost yesterday in a 16 inning game when Tonkin served up a piece of cake.. BOOM! Over the fence...

That game I blame Molitor for - he should have left O'Rourke in who had been mowing 'em down for nearly 4 innings..

They might lose 125 this year..easily..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Braves lost 9, won 4, and just got swept by the Nats and Mets. They stink.

Gave a highly touted rookie a start yesterday. 6 innings, 3 runs. He looks good, but needs more seasoning. They'll send him back down today.

Braves haven't hit a homers in 13 games. That hasn't happened in 17 seasons for ANY team. No power, iffy starting pitching, and a bullpen with holes. Did I mention they stink?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Cubbies are worth a bump here at 24-6 --unreal.....

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Hey, the Braves are 7-23, but Nick Markakis is chasing history. He's driven in 20 of the Braves' 90 runs. That's 22.22%. The record is 22.75%. No other Brave has driven in more than 9.
Gotta look for some kind of silver lining...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wonder what the betting odds are re: which team will end up at the very BOTTOM of this season's MLB - Braves or Twins?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Redneck
Wonder what the betting odds are re: which team will end up at the very BOTTOM of this season's MLB - Braves or Twins?

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure it's the Braves. The Twins surprisingly contended last year. Everyone knew the Braves would be bad. SEVEN homeruns through 30 games? I wonder what the last team to hit less than 40 was.

But tbey traded for last year's number one overall pick, they have the number 3 pick this year, and it looks like they'll have next year's number one.. Maybe they can start building something.

I'm a lifelong Braves fan, so I went through the mid to late 80's. But that was when they were stocking the minors with the players who started the long division title streak.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cubs 34-14

20 games over 500...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice to see a fellow Cubbie fan!

I grew up in western New York. Not quite sure how, but after the strike shortened season (turned 11 in '95), I started watching and liking the Cubs. It probably had something to do with us getting WGN. I've been a Cubs fan ever since.

I've seen them at their ALMOST highs (2x's NLCS, HR race of 1998, 2 ROY since 2008) and their lows (Bartman, 101 losses, Slammin' Sammy's corked bat, etc.)

I think this is the most fun team to watch, but I've watched them all. Gone to at least 2 games a year (never Wrigley 😕) since 2008. I'll continue to do so as long as I'm able to.

GO CUBS GO!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been to Wrigley many times, but not lately. It's a real hoot to hang out with the bleacher bums...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (22250rem, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 45 invisible), 1,938 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,389
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.