Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
This has probably been discussed many times but I wonder if our current military is being poled to see which ones will fire on American citizens if ordered to. My barber who is very conservative told me yesterday that he is going to Fort Bragg for his son's Special Forces graduation ceremony this week. He told me he asked his son via email if he would kill American citizens if ordered to and his son's reply was that he would if he was ordered to. I told him to remind him that the Nazis did that and many of them were executed for war crimes after the war. I told him to also remind his son the he doesn't have to obey an unlawful order. I don't know anybody who is currently in the military so I don't know what's going on in our military these days.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
All the infidels in the Chain of Command have been removed by Komrade Obongo. Anyone promoted has unquestionable devotion to MussiObongo

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It used to be called "brain-washing"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
American kids aren't any different than German kids were. They'll buy a lot of crap if you make them feel special and elite. There is a reason that armies are mostly made up of relative youngsters, after a guy gets to 35 or so, his bullschit meter is a lot more accurate.

And of course, following the ancient Roman script, if they won't we'll enlist illegals who almost certainly will. If a kid from Centeal Texas can't be convinced to fire on Americans, a kid from Central America will certainly have no such compunctions. Thank you, Paul Ryan.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
For those that live in fear. If you served in the military you would be able to answer that question for yourself.

Joe Bob thinks that Americans are no different than Nazis. His view reflects his and fellow thinkers morality not that of other Americans including our military.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
All the infidels in the Chain of Command have been removed by Komrade Obongo. Anyone promoted has unquestionable devotion to MussiObongo

The culling of Patriots in the military, and replacing them with "yes" men has been going on since the POS took office.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not to worry. The Fire-on-Americans push won't come until after Trump is elected.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
For those that live in fear. If you served in the military you would be able to answer that question for yourself.

Joe Bob thinks that Americans are no different than Nazis. His view reflects his and fellow thinkers morality not that of other Americans including our military.

mike r

I was in the military and yes, there is nothing special about our youngsters that would keep them from being as bad as anyone else's. In fact, I suspect that this generation of uneducated louts could be significantly worse with the proper molding.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would you expect him to say, in an >E-MAIL<, that he would not obey orders?

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The culling of Patriots in the military, and replacing them with "yes" men has been going on since the POS took office.

Yes, Obama has replaced the patriots with "yes" men and women. but deep down inside, There are going to be those who will NOT fire on Americans. In the end, I think they are going to win the battle against the robots that have been brainwashed.

I have faith in the intelligence of the Senior NCO's and I think they are the ones who will hold the line.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GunReader
Would you expect him to say, in an >E-MAIL<, that he would not obey orders?

Bingo! Never put anything in writing, nor say something controversial unless it is just you and one other person. No corroborating witnesses. That Email is out there forever now. It would not be difficult to find it. I don't think our Military will fire on otherwise law-abiding citizens whose only crime is possession of a firearm that was declared a prohibited weapon long, long after they originally bought it.

This very same topic came up after klinton's 1994 AWB.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think that was put to the test in the 1860s (Civil War) It didn't turn out so well. --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You should confine your cynical and cowardly standards to yourself and not reflect them on others. Until recently I worked w/ many current and former members of the military on a daily basis and felt uplifted by the quality of the human beings I met.

I still believe in my country and believe that if you were to poll the Veterans on this site your fears would be allayed.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
I told him to remind him that the Nazis did that and many of them were executed for war crimes after the war.

He shouldn't refuse such an order out of fear of retribution. He should refuse it because it's the right thing to do.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You should confine your cynical and cowardly standards to yourself and not reflect them on others. Until recently I worked w/ many current and former members of the military on a daily basis and felt uplifted by the quality of the human beings I met.

I still believe in my country and believe that if you were to poll the Veterans on this site your fears would be allayed.

mike r

As someone already noted, we had this test already in 1861. We can also mention the Bonus March, Kent State, or any other number of instances where the military did fire on fellow Americans. And that doesn't even factor in that now there will radical homos, transvestites, and illegal aliens in uniform who think that someone like you is AT VERY BEST a dinosaur that should just hurry up and die and leave the world to "right thinkin" individuals who don't share your brand of safe space threatening hate.

Keep living in your world that never was and leave the real one to the adults in the room.

Last edited by JoeBob; 06/22/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the real danger. Such a scenario isn't going to be some Lieutenant pointing a finger at a bunch of innocent citizens and saying "pull the trigger". Most Americans revere our military right now, unlike other dark times in our history.

The politicians who wish to bring down the country will create a framework within which the military personnel feel like they need to defend themselves against an out of control citizenry.

They will turn the people into a mob and they will progressively use the military more and more in domestic affairs. Over time, the people will just see the military as the enforcement arm of those that they oppose.

At first, there will still be a respect there but if a couple incidences occur where the citizens clash will the military, that may turn the population against them. If they can make both parties fearful of the other, they can create such a scenario.

In the current environment, it's not gonna happen. With enough social unrest, and a highly distress population and enough manipulation, who knows. As a vet myself, I would hope it never comes to that though.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You "right thinkin' individuals" reflect the values that you fear. If your life experiences have produced fear biters like you and the other "adults in the room" I understand and sympathize w/ your pain.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We already know that they've war gamed scenarios that involved right wing insurgencies taking over cities and regions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We will probably get a chance to find out for sure, if hillary gets elected.

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You "right thinkin' individuals" reflect the values that you fear. If your life experiences have produced fear biters like you and the other "adults in the room" I understand and sympathize w/ your pain.

mike r

Fearful? Who is fearful? I'm just telling you that you are seriously delusional if you think American kids are different than any others.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,104
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.