Hop To
Page 21 of 150 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 149 150
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have 150 Partitions and 140s in Sierra GKs and NBTs already loaded. I also have a few boxes of 150 Hot Cores on the shelf. I am blessed with plenty of stuff to feed a 270.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You got it covered! grin

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's going to be fun grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Funny, I've been without a 270 for about 8 years, but I'll be running one again this year.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not a pump though, just saw the 270 talk

Last edited by Steelhead; 07/11/16.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
[quote/] I hadn't been there 15 minutes when a huge old doe and her fawn from the spring walked right on top of me. I centered the crosshairs on the big does chest and cocked the rifle. With the click all hell broke loose. They ran right down the hollow to dad where he busted the big doe with the .270

That never happens. Deer simply don't react that way to metallic clicks from safeties and hammers at close range. Just ask the experts here who have seen it all like BobinNH and battue. [/quote]

Here I am just minding my own business ......and along comes the NY expert...LOL!

I never professed to have "seen it all"...those are you words. Not mine . sick

Anyway here's another one from last year that didn't hear the safety go off on a M70 that was slapped forward.Shot him down in the timber off hand (lets call it 40-50 yards(?). Anyway it's moot if he heard it or not,isn't it? He looks dead to me....what do you think?

270 BTW....that cartridge that some people can't kill deer with.....

Blackheart you are just one reason this place is so funny at times..... wink

[Linked Image]

Here's a toad killed with a 7600 Pump in 270 (not mine) last year by my pal, Mr. Kane. he's killed a jillion with that safety....This buck heard the safety ,too I guess....so he hung around a second too long trying to figure out what that noise was I guess. Maybe he is so BIG, and OLD, that his hearing was impaired? You figure it out.

Note the shot placement....guess the buck was looking right at Paul. Must have heard the safety....(?).

[Linked Image]

Mauser 98 safety....clickety-click....again...270 WCF. This one only dressed 237#'s. My buddy's buck,last year,again.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 07/11/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Oops....almost forgot. But I'm an old and stupid bastard, so please forgive.... smile

80 yards off hand . Maine. This one dressed 210#......Noisy M70 safety. Had to move fast on this one so I slapped that safety off with my thumb ( he was in high swamp grass,on the move).

Guess he never heard it. Not suggesting it can't happen. But I could get hit by lightening too...

Last year again.....tough year. But I struggled through with those noisy safeties. Maybe I will use my 760 280 carbine....next year. I am very old and stupid now...the pump may be easier for me to use........ smile

grin

[Linked Image]

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bob and his bruisers laugh

You need to whack one with that 280 carbine this fall, loud safety or not wink

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
MM I will bring it to Maine! I do like that little gun..... pretty neat rifle in one of the best chamberings in existence. wink

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bob,
Is it scoped?

I have a VX1 2-7 to go on this 270. I also have an old K3W Weaver that is still in good shape and works as it should that may get used wink

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yup. 4X Leupold.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hard to go wrong there wink

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
50 yards, 80 yards of course they didn't hear the safety you retard. You never get close to the fuggers and that doesn't surprise me a bit. You don't fool me Bob. And the big bucks aren't saying all you'd like to think they do about your hunting prowess either. Of course you shoot some big deer. You've got the money to hunt where they get big. You don't pay/travel to hunt where the bucks run small. I've got a friend here with a very impressive trophy room. Like you, he's hunted all over the continent and the world. Come deer season HERE he doesn't produce anything that impressive and he knows it. I've made him look like a rank beginner here season after season and he knows that too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Vintage lever guns are more better.....unless you're from Minesoda..... grin

Something like a nice old Model 64 would be good...... whistle
I've never seen a 760 that wouldn't shoot minute of deer. And in 10 years as a rangemaster, I've handled a lot of them. That being said, my 7 decade old Model 99 keeps making little bitty groups and killing deer.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd say 75% of the deer I've killed I didn't even have a round in the chamber when we first met.

Noises and even motion ain't much of a problem, mostly.

I figured out long ago that you can rack a round into the chamber while looking at a deer, so long as you don't do it with the urgency of a retard in a red, rubber ball factory.

You can get away with many sins if you got the nose defeated.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
50 yards, 80 yards of course they didn't hear the safety you retard. You never get close to the fuggers and that doesn't surprise me a bit. You don't fool me bob. And the big old deer aren't saying all you'd like to think they do about your hunting prowess either. Of course you shoot some big deer. You've got the money to hunt where they get big. You don't pay/travel to hunt where the bucks run small. I've got a friend here with a very impressive trophy room. Like you he's hunted all over the continent and the world. Come deer season HERE he doesn't produce anything that impressive and he knows it. I've made him look like a rank beginner here season after season and he knows that too.

I knew you'd fall back on that...the class envy shidt is your mantra. It's noble to stay at home and shoot a bunch of dinks....haha. I have done plenty of the,too.

You just get eaten up with bitterness at someone else's success, don't you? Really grates your nerves huh? What a jealous and pathetic excuse for a human being you are.....a real first class jerk off. smirk

Maine is "home" to me. And NH, Vt etc. here's a clue which you'd know if you had any experience both places.......it's a LOT harder to kill a buck in Maine than NY....that's why people I know go to NY...... because they flunk out in Maine while NY is over run with them....like rabbits. they get doe tags they can fill in NY like breaking sticks. I've hunted both places, so please....don't tell me any different.

Any dope can kill a deer in NY...the Maine statewide success on ANY deer is only about 12%...on bucks like mine MUCH lower.

Any working stiff can afford Maine...I hunt it for the cost of transportation, food, and lodging. The same money as a week in NY.

For that matter, the same as it cost me to hunt Kansas with Skane and his father, Paul....because I was invited by a generous land owner. No guide fees, no trespass fees.

And the same as it cost me to hunt Wyoming the last 30+ years. Transportation, food, and lodging....I have never paid a guide nor trespass fee in those places. And the overwhelming majority of the big bucks I've killed have been on very inexpensive hunts within reach of any working stiff who posts here. matter of fact, most ALL my biggest bucks have been killed on my cheapest hunts and mostly ALL non guided...how'd that happen? shocked

So don't be lecturing me about "having money". Because I am not, and never have been "rich".

But I have worked hard at my deer hunting,,,wherever I did it and no matter how much I paid to do it.

So, don't be giving me that holier than thou crap about having money. I get off my ass,do my homework, and behave like a decent human being....which is maybe why a lot of people don't get invited anywhere, They behave like jerks.

Don't be disillusioned by your own misconceptions about your own hunting prowess. i think mine are average at best. Learned a long time ago the keys to success in killing big bucks are simple...You don't have to be a "great hunter" like you think you are, possessing great skills.....You need to ..leqrn to shoot half way straight, and show up where they live, and work hard at it.

This ain't rocket science possessing great skill. But it salves your ego to believe it does,

You aren't ever going to kill them sitting at home and being envious of other people. Do your home work. Spend the time it takes and get off your ass, and go someplace. You're within driving distance of Maine. Get off your butt and go.

Let me know how you do.....

Pathetic.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Morning gents, heard my name called and decided to do a little inquiry. Only thing I've discovered so far is Blackheart still is dumbfounded-nothing new there-when it comes to getting a safety off quietly and quickly. Poor soul and he has had so much practice. Or so he tells us. Can't remember when he's actually showed us. Perhaps I've missed it??

Yankee???? Better than even odds.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That's pure truth many folks can't grasp!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd say 75% of the deer I've killed I didn't even have a round in the chamber when we first met.

Noises and even motion ain't much of a problem, mostly.

I figured out long ago that you can rack a round into the chamber while looking at a deer, so long as you don't do it with the urgency of a retard in a red, rubber ball factory.

Steelhead: Now you know that can't be true. Sorry, my apologies you have shown the proof of doing so. Again, my apologies.

Nice Bucks Bob.

Last edited by battue; 07/11/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Actually I'm pretty content with the hunting here Bob and feel no need to go someplace else. My walls are pretty well covered with antlers now and I don't neeed more of those either. You should check the facts about the deer numbers and harvest rates in NY before you spout off about how easy it is compared to other places. Sure it's great in some areas but it's comparable to Maine in others. I don't hunt in one of the high numbers areas nor is it a real low numbers area either. Western and central NY do have high deer density and it is easy to kill deer there. I feel the true measure of how good a hunter you are is how well you do in your area compared to other hunters in your area and in that regard I've always done very well. I don't need to go somewhere else and shoot a monster buck to feel like a good, accomplished hunter. Besides that , I only get two weeks vacation a year. I spend one week of it in the summer with my wife doing stuff she wants to do and the other week during deer season right here.

Page 21 of 150 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 3,234 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,222
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.