don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Has anybody had a trigger job done on their 760/7600?

If so, who did it, how much did he charge, and was it worth the price?

Asking because there is a guy on GB, $dealmaker, who is selling a 760/7600 "trigger service" for $65, plus the cost of shipping/insurance to and from Albany, OH, that he makes great claims for.

Few dollars more:

http://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/timney-remington-870-trigger-fix-replacement-trigger.aspx

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Bob

This carbine is set up for 'up-close and personal' in the spruce swamps in MI and WI and tracking jobs. Not much good in Kansas though. grin

Oh, forgot to mention, it's in 35Rem.

[Linked Image]

WTH? I didn't know about this one. I could easily see it coming home with me sometime. whistle

FAT CHANCE!

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paul, I understand completely... Anymore when my kid starts fondling a rifle I tell him to put it back where he got it. Otherwise the last time I'll see it is headed out the door.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Bob

This carbine is set up for 'up-close and personal' in the spruce swamps in MI and WI and tracking jobs. Not much good in Kansas though. grin

[Linked Image]

WTH? I didn't know about this one. I could easily see it coming home with me sometime. whistle

FAT CHANCE!

haha!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bob

[Linked Image]

FAT CHANCE!

How many guns did Scott take home before you got all mean about it? laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MagMarc

One. smirk Keep your family close, and your guns closer!

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MagMarc

One. smirk Keep your family close, and your guns closer!

I leaned that lesson a few years and the number will stay at one wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, one..........that he knows about. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I think pump guns and deer, only one rifle model comes to mind....
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SCGN

cool Another Grice Special, no doubt? They certainly do shoot well, don't they.
WN

Yeah, I think it cost $399 new in 2002. Crazy what they're bringing on GunBroker these days...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My remington 7600 in 35 whelen has served me well here in PA over the years. I bought it new back in 93. Here is a Lawrence county buck and a Butler county buck. The whelen just drops them smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Billu; 07/15/16.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice bucks!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2mg

Old school! cool

I got one but never put a scope on it. Well built guns, good shooters, and handle well.

WN

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
50 yards, 80 yards of course they didn't hear the safety you retard. You never get close to the fuggers and that doesn't surprise me a bit. You don't fool me Bob. And the big bucks aren't saying all you'd like to think they do about your hunting prowess either. Of course you shoot some big deer. You've got the money to hunt where they get big. You don't pay/travel to hunt where the bucks run small. I've got a friend here with a very impressive trophy room. Like you, he's hunted all over the continent and the world. Come deer season HERE he doesn't produce anything that impressive and he knows it. I've made him look like a rank beginner here season after season and he knows that too.

That's just silly Blackheart. You cast a pretty wide net with that statement. A good Hunter is a good Hunter, period. I've ran around and hunted the same country as you and taken many deer and still do. Saying because someone has money they can be less of a hunter is ridiculous. Bob takes bucks everywhere and hunts his butt off in the woods and spends the time being proficient with his equipment. This safety non sense is just that, non sense.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I that think that it is easier to "hunt" deer in KS/NE/SD because there are more deer and less cover. It is nothing special to see 100+ deer in the harvested soy bean fields along the Platte River here in Nebraska. The catch being that most of the land is privately owned and permission to hunt can be difficult, if not impossible, to obtain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Blackheart
50 yards, 80 yards of course they didn't hear the safety you retard. You never get close to the fuggers and that doesn't surprise me a bit. You don't fool me Bob. And the big bucks aren't saying all you'd like to think they do about your hunting prowess either. Of course you shoot some big deer. You've got the money to hunt where they get big. You don't pay/travel to hunt where the bucks run small. I've got a friend here with a very impressive trophy room. Like you, he's hunted all over the continent and the world. Come deer season HERE he doesn't produce anything that impressive and he knows it. I've made him look like a rank beginner here season after season and he knows that too.

That's just silly Blackheart. You cast a pretty wide net with that statement. A good Hunter is a good Hunter, period. I've ran around and hunted the same country as you and taken many deer and still do. Saying because someone has money they can be less of a hunter is ridiculous. Bob takes bucks everywhere and hunts his butt off in the woods and spends the time being proficient with his equipment. This safety non sense is just that, non sense.

While there are indeed guys like that, and I hate to rain on the blackheart-narrow-minded-local-yokel parade, Bob's simply not one of those guys. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I that think that it is easier to "hunt" deer in KS/NE/SD because there are more deer and less cover. It is nothing special to see 100+ deer in the harvested soy bean fields along the Platte River here in Nebraska. The catch being that most of the land is privately owned and permission to hunt can be difficult, if not impossible, to obtain.

Jeff, I hunted Nebraska last year for the first time. We had an opportunity to hunt along the Platte River for bow, but did not go. We went for gun and hunted along the South Loup river. From what I saw, I agree with you, especially coming from Illinois. However, I never seen such spooky deer in my life. You could be 300+ yards away driving down a road and when you stop, they all go tail up and take off. I am guessing the area we hunted has it's fair share of road hunters...

Matt

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Despite being illegal, road hunting is common in Nebraska.

Page 25 of 150 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.