-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 159 of 175 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what has been presented, do you folks think the police did a good job that night? Would you hire them to work in your towns?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by deflave
My son is NOT a "cop". You guys missed your own point completely.

Yes he is.

Travis

My son is NOT a "cop". You guys missed your own point completely.

He's an MP, right? What does that stand for?

No he's not. He's a United States Marine. He is on a QRF.

I know you guys think you know it all but you don't. You'll also forgive me for not giving you play by play updates on his career. It's a shame how sharing a bit of pride I had, with the fellas here because there's always a group that tries to impeach another's opinion. None of you guys know me or my son so don't even pretend to. Weakness at the time I suppose, a mistake I'll not make again. This is precisely why many guys don't post pictures. There's always a know it all or two ready to show their ass.

I knew he was a Marine. I could have sworn you'd stated before he was an MP. If not, then I stand corrected on that.

GTF off your high horse. It wasn't an attack on your son; it was an incorrect recollection of what he does/did in contrast to your statement about cops being shot.

Damn, you're starting to sound like Michael Brown's mother....

Fu.ck you. You're constantly on your high horse and you brought my family into it. Don't like my response don't bring my son into it. You contradicted me when it came to my knowledge of what my son does. You want me to bring your wife or daughter into this discussion Sean? We'll see how high you sit on your horse when it comes to family.

Neither my wife or daughter are cops.

As I said, I incorrectly remembered what your son did. I INCORRECTLY thought I recalled you saying he was an MP. I didn't bring him into this; deflave did. I simply chimed in on that because, like him, I thought he was a cop (MP) and therefore your statement about cops getting killed would have been pertinent.

If you want to bring my family in based upon whatever rationale that will not at all be pertinent to the discussion, well, that's on you. I, personally, think you're a better man than that but it's your call.

I stand by the statement that you're starting to sound like Michael Brown's mother. You don't want "justice", you want vengeance. Facts and investigations aren't mattering to you; you just want lynchings of cops based upon emotion. If you calmed down long enough to see and think straight, you'd see that. Why you can't or won't is baffling.

Ball's in your court.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
From what has been presented, do you folks think the police did a good job that night? Would you hire them to work in your towns?

No. And, no. However, a f'k up is not necessarily a criminal act. That's what the investigation has essentially said.

The folks in that area have an opportunity to oust the sheriff in the next election and get someone who will dismiss those two, if he chooses to do so, and replace them.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

From what has been presented here it sounds like a situation took a schit in a very very big hurry.

Aside from that I don't think enough has been made public yet to answer your question

Personally I would have never called the rancher to kill the bull.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Vengeance is waaaay under rated.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I might be bitter if I didn't make the cut as a cop too.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

On which part? I pretty plainly said that if the cops did what folks were accusing them of, then put them under the jail. Waiting the evidence and investigation, though, instead of moving to lynch them always seemed like a good plan.for

Therein lies the difference.

IMO it should have been brought before a jury not decided behind closed doors by folks that in ways work together, and get pay checks from the same public.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

4ager wrote

.104 is more than 25% over the legal limit, and that level of inebriation can be a factor in elevating any crime committed while that drunk, for reference. It sure as Hell ain't close to sober and clear thinking.

Ever here of fermentation after death effecting the BAC of a dead victim?

Years ago, I was hired by the widow of a retired Army officer who drowned on a fishing trip. A life insurance policy excluded coverage if the insured was intoxicated at the time of death. An autopsy by the state medical examiner reported blood alcohol of 0.20 gr/%. But both the widow and her late husband’s fishing partner swore he had had nothing to drink. At first we thought the county coroner, on whose property the drowning occurred, might have messed with blood samples.

When I contacted an independent pathologist, I learned that fermentation could have produced the blood alcohol score

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No. And, no. However, a f'k up is not necessarily a criminal act. That's what the investigation has essentially said.

The folks in that area have an opportunity to oust the sheriff in the next election and get someone who will dismiss those two, if he chooses to do so, and replace them.

That's about where I'm at. May not of been criminal, but they look to suck heavily at their jobs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

On which part? I pretty plainly said that if the cops did what folks were accusing them of, then put them under the jail. Waiting the evidence and investigation, though, instead of moving to lynch them always seemed like a good plan.for

IMO it should have been brought before a jury not decided behind closed doors by folks that in ways work together, and get pay checks from the same public.

A grand jury, perhaps, and I believe I said that. But, if there wasn't enough to prosecute then there really wasn't enough to potentially take to a grand jury, either.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I want to know where the .204 bullet was found.

Two readings I'm seeing here. Yantis fired his rifle "at" the deputies or Yantis fired his rifle "in the direction" of the deputies. That would be the big difference between justified shooting and overreacting.

Guy shows up with a rifle, he's drunk with bad muzzle and trigger control and has an ND in their direction, deputies kill him for that.

OR

Guy shows up with a rifle, he's drunk and careless where he's pointing the rifle, the deputy or deputies say something to him which sets him off, he deliberately fires at them, they kill him for that.

Hopefully the full forensics report will show where they found that .204 bullet.

Or the deputies ordered Yantis to put the gun away, and being a stubborn old coot, he told them to pound sand.

And as family and friends reported over four months ago, the rifle discharged while Yantis was being assaulted by deputies.

Only way to know for absolute if deputies are telling enhanced and choreographed stories, or family is correct. recordings which apparently do not exist.

I have a tough time imagining there is no audio of this incident.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logcutter

4ager wrote

.104 is more than 25% over the legal limit, and that level of inebriation can be a factor in elevating any crime committed while that drunk, for reference. It sure as Hell ain't close to sober and clear thinking.

Years ago, I was hired by the widow of a retired Army officer who drowned on a fishing trip. A life insurance policy excluded coverage if the insured was intoxicated at the time of death. An autopsy by the state medical examiner reported blood alcohol of 0.20 gr/%. But both the widow and her late husband’s fishing partner swore he had had nothing to drink. At first we thought the county coroner, on whose property the drowning occurred, might have messed with blood samples.

When I contacted an independent pathologist, I learned that fermentation could have produced the blood alcohol score

Yes, and that is factored into any decent autopsy investigation. I'd be damned surprised if any ME didn't account for that. The "years ago" part gives that away, as it's pretty commonly evaluated today, even in BFE Idaho.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A grand jury, perhaps, and I believe I said that. But, if there wasn't enough to prosecute then there really wasn't enough to potentially take to a grand jury, either.

I would need to go reread, and listen again, but IIRC the AG said to the effect that conflicting testimony would cause "reasonable doubt"

Still shuoda been brought before a jury IMO, then what I think don't mean squat.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
True, but I am partial to the jury system. I'd rather a panel of peers review the facts and make a call than have an appointed politician do it

Like Baltimore?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would need to go reread, and listen again, but IIRC he said to the effect that conflicting testimony would cause "reasonable doubt"

Still shiuoda been brought before a jury IMO then what I think don't mean squat.

Again, ain't much disagreement on perhaps having it taken to a grand jury, but that's a DA's call based upon the evidence and the investigation.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter

4ager wrote

That's nice cherry picking but you forgot a major aspect of the process

That the body was not kept cold.

Just how much fermentation do you supposed happened in november, in Idaho?

Does Idaho have heaters in their morgue instead of freezers

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/29/16.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No he's not. He's a United States Marine. He is on a QRF.

I know you guys think you know it all but you don't. You'll also forgive me for not giving you play by play updates on his career. It's a shame how sharing a bit of pride I had, with the fellas here because there's always a group that tries to impeach another's opinion. None of you guys know me or my son so don't even pretend to. Weakness at the time I suppose, a mistake I'll not make again. This is precisely why many guys don't post pictures. There's always a know it all or two ready to show their ass.

I'm not the one that said he was an MP. You are.

And then you exclaim you've no remorse for ambushed/murdered cops.

Stop crying like a little bitch.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For an average 185 to 200 pound man, as a matter of more or less accepted scientific fact, .10 BAC is four to five beers in an hour or so. It isn't schit faced and most who drink a little would hardly even consider themselves buzzed at that level of BAC.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I would need to go reread, and listen again, but IIRC the AG said to the effect that conflicting testimony would cause "reasonable doubt"

Still shuoda been brought before a jury IMO, then what I think don't mean squat.

He stated that there was insufficient evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
For an average 185 to 200 pound man, as a matter of more or less accepted scientific fact, .10 BAC is four to five beers in an hour or so. It isn't schit faced and most who drink a little would hardly even consider themselves buzzed at that level of BAC.

I've arrested .28s that didn't consider themselves "buzzed"

Page 159 of 175 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.