Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It helps to know your audience, douche bag.
. So you agree with rost?
I just made his quote my signature. It's actually pretty funny.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with my quote, that you're a douche bag. And I'll happily make that a DB+P.

Tell us how little he's shot at 600 yards again.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I agree with my quote, that you're a douche bag.
. Sorry your having a bad day. Someone pm,d me with some additional info. I stand by what I said and further if what they told me is true about rost, the statement is even more rediculous. Besides people that are really truly the good at something don't brag about it, typically

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Well, now you guys have given me yet another reason to feel inadequate! Here I was gimping along with the stock trigger in my AR (a little creepy but altogether not heavy, and smooth), getting well under sub-MOA accuracy off the bench and hitting anything placed in front of me from field positions out as far as I care to shoot. Now I find myself googling these various triggers y'all are talking about, and scheming about an upgrade. Truth be told, I'm not unhappy with my trigger and there might not be any need for me to change it.

Once you upgrade you will be unhappy with the stock trigger. Difference is night and day.
Looks like your hardest choice will be whether to go single stage or two stage.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
D and B are what I see in NTIT matches. At least last I shot.

D you don't even aim for the head, you aim center mass, largest part of the target anyway.

7 inches isn't a killing head shot for sure, but military always said wounding is better than killing... Me, I'd be trying to kill personally.

Head shot is a 3-4 inch target, round in size mostly IMHO on a human. Anything below the eyes aint it.

I"ve never heard of military being taught to aim for head for general troops, I believe tehy can come to that conclusion on their own if they need to. Mostly the head comes from the reason of the D target. Up closer the assumption is that your target will be somewhat concealed. And that the head might be the only thing visible, you are still aiming at the center mass of whats visible.

I'll ask my nephew that just got out of the Marines if they were ever taught to head shoot.

Now can you hit heads at 300, yes, some are very capable, and some are capable with irons. But most raw recruits, non gun people, in any situation are lucky to hit a human anywhere in the body at 300 IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Now can you hit heads at 300, yes, some are very capable, and some are capable with irons. But most raw recruits, non gun people, in any situation are lucky to hit a human anywhere in the body at 300 IMHO.

Agreed! Very few recruits are gun people, maybe more now than when I was in though (especially if you count video games... smirk ) . I spent an f'ing week on KP because the first morning of marksmanship training at the range (Ft Benning - Summer 1989) I did what I was capable of (sighted in my own rifle and actually hit the targets) and immediately got pulled off the line and sent to KP until the day of qualification. I was told I didn't need to be there as much as the rest of my platoon, most of which were from urban areas and had no experiences with rifles.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ugh, if you'd have only known... you could have shot the dirt, others targets etc.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This has been highly entertaining especially since I opened it to see the conscious on single stage triggers.

I prefer 2 stage but find nothing wrong with ones preference for a single stage trigger. My favorite attribute in a trigger is a crisp break.

As to rost not knowing anything about a 600 yard shot all I can say is anyone who makes High Master in XC HP with an M1A knows a little bit about shooting at 600 yards.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You are right... a little... LOL. Lots of others know more.

I shot better at 600 in the end with the AR though... even at 1000...

Sure liked the M1A though..

I love single stage, but my AR point is I'll take crisp over the argument 2 vs 1 any day. If their is truly a crisp single stage thats light enough, more power to anyone... years ago there was no such choice...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
ugh, if you'd have only known... you could have shot the dirt, others targets etc.....

I've given that exact advice to the kids I knew before they headed off to Basic.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My nephew was high shooter in Marine boot... 4 years ago. He didn't get dinged for knowing how to strip the 16 and how to shoot and zero it...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What recruits are you observing?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

if your not doing that then the crappy factory trigger will probably work fine. The other thing is if you want to shoot quickly you can always blow through the second stage like its not even there. the bolt gun comparison isn't an accurate one because if you have a bolt gun you have less shots to connect with so your more likely to be using a steadier rest. When the rest is steady your trigger matter less.

a small target at distance is a relative one. a coyote at 150 yards is a small target to me. a 12" gong at 250 yards is a small target to me. If your shooting these targets with your ar 15, which I do typically off shooting sticks, a 2 stage trigger IMO will out perform any single stage AR trigger.

If your blasting close range or playing around the crappy trigger that comes in a SKS rifle will do just fine. But we are talking aftermarket upgraded triggers in which case I would think most around here would be concerned with precision with.

as for bolt guns if I could get decent 2 stage triggers for them I might change them if I shot them typically from field type rests. All my field type shooting these days seems to be with AR rifles though so I will probably just keep using what I have.

Holy fugking Christ.

LMFAO.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TXRam

I've given that exact advice to the kids I knew before they headed off to Basic.

That's what I do in every class I've ever taken.

Throw a few shots, miss a few steps, flub a few questions. Then ask for advice from the instructor. Come back the next day and do everything right, then thank them for their help.

You're a rockstar for doing it right and the instructors love you because you're living proof of how great they are.

That's Jedi Level Awesome stuff right there.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave

What recruits are you observing?

Travis

Ones I've shot some combat quals with years ago... especially with the M9... new to guns and new to shooting, they are not all that reliable that they can hit a head every time at 300.... And hitting the body doesn't happen every time either.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ok.

Travis

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,564
Posts18,531,718
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.