Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My Milt Sparks never gouges or pinches me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've carried a Kahr P9 or a Springfield XDS 45 in a Whitehat Maxtuck for about 6 years now. I am on the road for work and wear either polo shirts or dress shirts tucked in every day. I do presentations and am in front of people on a daily basis and only one person in the six years mentioned following the training that he recognized I was carrying because he had the same holster. The Whitehat holster is awesome. Super comfy and conceals these single stacks more than fine. I've turned quite a few people onto these holsters and have never received any negative feedback. My uncle wears a crossbreed which is about the same as the Whitehat and he feels the same way I do, these hybrid holsters are hard to beat. Plus the lifetime warranty is awesome.
These are most definitely tuckable holsters that conceal

Last edited by DrGnarr; 08/12/16.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DrGnarr
I've carried a Kahr P9 or a Springfield XDS 45 in a Whitehat Maxtuck for about 6 years now. I am on the road for work and wear either polo shirts or dress shirts tucked in every day. I do presentations and am in front of people on a daily basis and only one person in the six years mentioned following the training that he recognized I was carrying because he had the same holster. The Whitehat holster is awesome. Super comfy and conceals these single stacks more than fine. I've turned quite a few people onto these holsters and have never received any negative feedback. My uncle wears a crossbreed which is about the same as the Whitehat and he feels the same way I do, these hybrid holsters are hard to beat. Plus the lifetime warranty is awesome.
These are most definitely tuckable holsters that conceal

You are one of the fortunate few that can actually comfortably wear an IWB every day. Most give up the IWB for other methods. Even small, but still effective, firearms in an IWB carry hurt, pinch, bruise, etc...their carriers. So, they look for other methods of carrying. Even using a fanny pack which tells everyone you're carrying a gun. I'm going to try this guys Cargo and Khaki shorts to carry my handguns with. Just to see which one is the logical choice to carry. I can have my shirt out, or tucked, or Lord help everyone's eyes, I can wear the shorts and no shirt. Still concealed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by night_owl
Concealment of a full size pistol without a cover garment is as much myth as free pu$$y - and we keep falling for it.

I don't think so. I believe CCW BREAKAWAYS has found a better mouse trap. I'm convinced after I spoke with him on the phone this afternoon. I'm going to order one pair of cargo shorts in a dark blue. He says the big double-stack, full size semi-autos could be a problem, but a full size single stack 1911 is what he designed it for. The holster can be altered to keep most any handgun snug until you need it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've thought about ordering a pair for a couple of years now.

I'll be waiting for your review,

Good luck with them,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just quite trying to find a 'tuckable' that worked. I carry owb, and wear a tee shirt or button up shirt over it.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just quite trying to find a 'tuckable' that worked. I carry owb, and wear a tee shirt or button up shirt over it.

I will do that also, but, it's hard to hide the "print" of the grip. The rest of it works great. Shorts or pants, a proper holster belt, a OWB holster that is designed for concealment and large T-shirt, Polo shirt or a large button down shirt that will cover the OWB holster when the shirt is untucked. The guy who owns the gun shop where I work has a holster that is OWB, and it fits his H&K USP tight up against his body. When he pulls his shirt out to cover it, it is concealed.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I carry IWB with an untucked shirt 99% of the time but sometimes we just have to tuck a shirt in and look presentable. Those times I use one of these http://www.pistolwear.com/trump-card-concealment-holster/ when it's too hot, when it's not too hot I use one of these http://www.undertechundercover.com/index.php/concealed-carry/mens-shirts.html

Both work fine but the Undercover shirt has less bounce when running down stairs and such. When it's hot I just don't run down stairs with the Pistol Wear band.

I've got a few tuckable holsters but even the J hook on my Kydex holster is noticeable to LE and others who know what to look for. I've never been busted in either of the above rigs.

Last edited by TWR; 08/13/16.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I like the shirts, because they come with a wife-beater choice which looks more comfortable to be wearing under another shirt. I swear these advertisers find a local gym and ask the prettiest male body builder if he'd like $500 to model one of their concealment shirts. I'm not a fat body, my chest measurements exceed my waist by plenty, but I sure as shootin' don't look like those guys. I bet they are close to 48" chest, 32" waist, 36" inseam.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How are the esirts for carrying a 1911?

IC B3

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
No idea, my only 1911 has been at the doc for quite a while now. I'm sure it would depend more on how thick your chest is than anything else.

They do show a Glock 19 being used but if you don't or can't be busted, you use a more concealable gun. I use a Shield most of the time.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Let me add this, the shirt is made from some sort of compression type material, it fits tight and gives good support to the gun.

My full size M&P45 fits just fine but the grip sticking out would probably give me away.

Maybe that makes more sense.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I may try one. I did try an elastic under the shirt shoulder holster but the butt of my 1911 stuck out like a third arm and I sent it back. I often wear shirts with snaps instead of buttons and it looks like if the shirt were not real tight it might be a good option in some cases.

I am 6' 1", 205 lbs with a 43" chest and a 42" belly at it largest point. (I am working on the belly, honest! blush)

I try to avoid tent shaped shirts but in this case one might help.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by night_owl
Concealment of a full size pistol without a cover garment is as much myth as free pu$$y - and we keep falling for it.

I don't think so. I believe CCW BREAKAWAYS has found a better mouse trap. I'm convinced after I spoke with him on the phone this afternoon. I'm going to order one pair of cargo shorts in a dark blue. He says the big double-stack, full size semi-autos could be a problem, but a full size single stack 1911 is what he designed it for. The holster can be altered to keep most any handgun snug until you need it.

I look forward to your thoughts on these after you've had a chance to try them out.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 39 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,984
Posts18,520,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.