-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe religion is a personal thing and nothing i hate worst is for someone telling me i'm going to hell because i don't believe or think like they do.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Gitsum
Notice the absence of imperical data being forwarded?

What scientific data could we give you that you would believe?

There is irrefutable evidence that the earth is billions of years old and that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, and yet folks still believe the earth is 6 thousand years old and that dinosaurs lived alongside man.

It is impossible to prove god dose not exist, but even if it was possible, you would not believe the evidence you're given.

Your faith blinds you to all reason and logic. You believe only what you want to believe.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by bea175
I believe religion is a personal thing and nothing i hate worst is for someone telling me i'm going to hell because i don't believe or think like they do.

I don't care one lick if someone thinks my religious views necessitate an eternity in hell or if they call em fairy tales.

Never understood how one can prove that God doesn't exist or that He didn't have a role in creation through empirical data, yet I hear "proof! Proof!" from the anti-God crowd.

Doesn't make sense, but whatever; no "hatred" here. Besides, anyone who can't deal w/ people not making sense will have a lot better reasons to freak than these in today's day and age and I bet that's something upon which we can all agree.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by justin10mm

There is irrefutable evidence that the earth is billions of years old and that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, and yet folks still believe the earth is 6 thousand years old and that dinosaurs lived alongside man.

It is impossible to prove god dose not exist, but even if it was possible, you would not believe the evidence you're given.

Your faith blinds you to all reason and logic. You believe only what you want to believe.

People in glass houses...

Choose yer fairy tale stand by it and don't be butt hurt when someone disagrees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm

There is irrefutable evidence that the earth is billions of years old and that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, and yet folks still believe the earth is 6 thousand years old and that dinosaurs lived alongside man. It is impossible to prove god dose not exist, but even if it was possible, you would not believe the evidence you're given. Your faith blinds you to all reason and logic. You believe only what you want to believe.

This post reveals at least two things: 1.) Regarding "irrefutable", someone may wish to study some recently emerging findings. 2.) Someone assumes the power to read the minds and measure the faith of others.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

From the way you masterfully structure your argument, one can surmise that you must have been a championship debater in bible college.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
BS big time. You sound like a lieberal. Not an insult: fact. Because I have faith I am blind to all reason and all logic, or just the reason and logic pertaining to what we disagree on? You can't even see or understand that due to factors in experiences or upbringing, we process information differently? Where is the reason and logic in that? I believe what you wrote as using more emotion than reason and logic and I believe that because I believe you're better than that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems like...a lot of the time...we consistently look for evidence to support what we already believe, and we consistently filter out anything to the contrary.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
When we stop exporting any goods and have no money to move around ("information economy") or rich guy's butts to kiss ("service industry") our GNP can be measured in sensitivity and offense and it'Il be the hard core Christians duking it out with the hard core Secularists for top producer status.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antlers
It seems like...a lot of the time...we consistently look for evidence to support what we already believe, and we consistently filter out anything to the contrary.

Exactly,and it works both ways.

There's a well known PHD that has fossils of dinosaur prints right alongside human prints but anyone who doesn't believe that possible will simply dismiss it as a hoax or fake, or try to find some way it could exist and still support their position.

I could explain bibically how the earth could be billions of years old and how man could be older than 6000 years and the Genesis account still be true,but an atheist won't even consider it because it doesn't fit his belief.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...
But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Don't forget if there's nothing worth dying for then ya got no reason to live either.

That's got to be the most overrated song ever.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by persiandog
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...
But I'm not the only one
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...
But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

Yep, that Godless bastid gave away all his possessions and money to help the poor. No that's right he didn't. I must have been thinking of someone else who actually believed in God.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I almost feel guilty starting a thread like this.........

Almost.

LOL laugh

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
Don't forget if there's nothing worth dying for then ya got no reason to live either.

That's got to be the most overrated song ever.

it says "Imagine".

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
... You...
e

Yep, that Godless bastid gave away all his possessions and money to help the poor. No that's right he didn't. I must have been thinking of someone else who actually believed in God.

people like him stopped a war , what did your generation do ?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
... You...
e

people like him stopped a war , what did your generation do ?

We won the war!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's easy if you try - - - - - And the world will live as one

I remember some of these as the lyrics to a rather trite song written by an overpaid rock star. I'd like to understand, so kindly explain. Did you post this as a paean for some set of values, or as a reminder of the limitations of mankind and the silliness of an earthly utopia, or ??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scientific "truths" are always subject to change as more information becomes available.

Once a man discovers that he indeed has a Creator, and that his Creator takes an interest in him, personally, that becomes a settled matter. It becomes the Great Fact in the man's life.

His concept of his Creator may change over time, but the existence of hos Creator is beyond question.

Faith has become belief.

The evidence is in the man's mind and is not subject to review.

As far as approaching it from a scientific angle, Dr. William James did that over a hundred years ago. I doubt that any of our resident Atheists have read his "Varieties of Religious Experiences" in its entirety.

It's more fun for them to argue with Ringman.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If billions of people believe the earth is flat does that make it so?

Most people believed the earth was flat. But the Bible believers knew it was spherical and the north was hung on nothing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 67 invisible), 3,250 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.