Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Terryk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had a good thermos for years, but it got dented up and would not hold in the heat. My wife bought be a walmart stainless generic pint size one, and it really doesn't hold the heat. I was looking at something smaller, like a pint - 24 ounces. What do you guys carry?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use one by Thermos. It was a give away from NRA some years back. Keeps coffee hot all day. Stainless steel, vacuum, double wall.

Sam......

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bigger than you asked about, but I have a couple like this one and they keep coffee hot longer than anything else, that I have ever tried. miles

thermos

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hydro flask has a wide range of sizes. I'm assuming the bigger ones hold heat longer than the smaller ones.

http://www.hydroflask.com/all-products

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Highwave MoJOEmo, I used this cuo for a thermos for several years wile driving truck. It will not leak, is easy to use and clean and it will keep coffee hot for 12 hours. I hd one go bad and gave them a call. Three days later I had a new one in my mail box no questions asked. They stand behind their stuff.

Highwave MoJOEmo

If I want more I go with a Stanley. Recently had a old Stanly go bad. I developed a small leek between the insulating chambers. Stanley said to mark it no good and throw it away and a new one was on the way.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Stanley makes a 20 oz. one available in WalMart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stanley is the one I use. Take the rattling handle off and use it without one or put on one that doesn't rattle.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even the best steel thermos will keep your coffee hotter longer if you preheat it with boiling water for a few minutes.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Even the best steel thermos will keep your coffee hotter longer if you preheat it with boiling water for a few minutes.

This, and wrap it with a piece of wetsuit type material. I had a Giant size coozy wrapped around my stanley for years. Wore the bottom through. It seemed to really help.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigNate
Originally Posted by Paul_M

This, and wrap it with a piece of wetsuit type material. I had a Giant size coozy wrapped around my stanley for years. Wore the bottom through. It seemed to really help.

Yup. When is really cold I have pulled a couple of heavy wool socks up over the outside of the thermos and it does make a difference.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Broken record here: stainless steel Stanley.

Do preheat them, wrap them in something insulating if you like, and keep them upright because the screw-in top is the heat leak.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have Stanley's in pint, quart, and 2 quart sizes They all work fine, and as said, size matters as does preheating. Also wrapping them up in spare clothing or whatever will keep contents hotter longer. I've other brands as well that work as well, but Stanley has name brand recognition and known quality. I've been using the quart one since 1975 beat up, on 2nd up, third paint job(black automotive wrinkle) and 3rd stopper, but still working. Solid stoppers hold heat much better than the pour throughs.

Actually, the first Stanley quart that I had only lasted a year before developing a leak in the inner liner, but Stanley replaced it at no cost, and quickly.

I never did tell the it was left under the snow machine hood for a week in below zero weather while I was out of town.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've still got my Granddads 45 year old Stanley. It still works great too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
My best ones are marked Nissan but I think someone bought them out?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have a old Stanley,but it's made in USA.The newer ones are of course made in Chino.I have a smaller one that I use for hunting as it fits better in my pack,but will only kaap coffee hot till 10;30 ish.my old one keeps it hot all day.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Stanley makes one of those too along with a cup with four SS shot glasses inside. I have both but I have to hide them when my youngest is around. He likes to fill the flask with whatever he finds in my stach and then fill a travel humidor with cigars and forgets to leave them here when he heads home. mad

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The best thermos I ever had was a glass bottle thermos ... That thing would keep coffee piping hot all day long. You just can't drop them because they'll obviously break. I no longer drink coffee so I never looked for a replacement after it broke.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 61 invisible), 3,051 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.