Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Idiocy of the highest order, and likely to be struck down in court if Congress doesn't overturn it before that.
Courts, maybe - but that'll take years.

Congress? Hah! Why, THAT would take BALLS!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Redneck
Congress? Hah! Why, THAT would take BALLS!

And a spine...they've proven they have neither.

If I had to guess, I would say this will get tied up with no resolution and eventually go to the Supreme Court for decision. This will likely end up boiling down to who is appointed in Scalia's place. Which again, will be hugely dependent on whether Hitlery or Trump gets the presidency.

For any gun enthusiast, hunter, sportsman, etc. out there that thinks they won't vote because their candidate didn't get the nomination, or they don't agree 100% with Trump, or they want to "make a statement" and vote third party--WAKE UP!

Throwing your vote away on stupid BS like that is essentially throwing your voice away on future cases of this nature and magnitude.

The 2nd and SCOTUS are on the ballot this November and I would rather take Trump's SCOTUS nominee over than anything Hitlery conjures up.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

mad
Seems ITD Custom guns is no longer accepting work due to ITAR.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11358552/Re:_No_more_IT&D#Post11358552
According to this thread.
How many more will follow. mad

Swifty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Over the weekend I was competing in a .22 rimfire benchrest match and spoke to my gunsmith who is in the top 3 of rimfire benchrest gunsmiths in the country. He told me that he is going to stop doing any gunsmithing and will relinquish his license due to ITAR and the cost of the mfg license. This guy has smithed rifles that have won National Championships and who have set world records. He is the undisputed top sporter class gunsmith in the world. This will be a great loss to the rimfire benchrest community.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Over the weekend I was competing in a .22 rimfire benchrest match and spoke to my gunsmith who is in the top 3 of rimfire benchrest gunsmiths in the country. He told me that he is going to stop doing any gunsmithing and will relinquish his license due to ITAR and the cost of the mfg license. This guy has smithed rifles that have won National Championships and who have set world records. He is the undisputed top sporter class gunsmith in the world. This will be a great loss to the rimfire benchrest community.

Is he going to do anything else about it or just roll over?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Guess What? At least someone in Washington is doing something to try and halt this madness. See:

http://www.nssfblog.com/ddtc-says-guidance-is-not-new-but-clarification/

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Is he going to do anything else about it or just roll over?

He's retired from his primary career and he just doesn't do enough work to be able to absorb the cost of the license. He also can't afford a big fine nor does he want to spend his remaining years in prison. The guys who pump out large volume of guns will be able to absorb the cost or just raise their prices a little, the small volume, super high quality smiths who do small niche work like rimfire benchrest, will either have to drastically increase their prices or just go away.

TJH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sign the petition. Don't know if it will do any good but it can't hurt.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/remove-gunsmithing-itar

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So far, nothing from the ATF or State re: this BS. Until and unless I get something in writing I'm going to ignore that AIC and his directives.. Eff him.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Me too, I have a hard document from ATF stating what is and what is not manufacturing.

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
tag

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got an email from NSSF today. It says Rep. Collin Peterson has come up with a bill H. Res. 829 for ECR Reform that would do away with this B.S. and put it back like it was.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just to clarify, this mess was initiated under Bill Clinton, was strengthened and put into operation under two terms of GW Bush. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton took the hand-off from GW and ran with it. The whole mess is in the hands of the bureaucrats now and I doubt it will ever be repealed; especially when the country is looking forward to at least four years of Hillary. The NRA should have jumped on this eighteen years ago. I think everyone just hoped it would go away but that's not how things work in the world of government. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like some folks sent a letter to horseface Kerry.

GOP Senators to Block State Department’s Backdoor Gun Control

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rlott
Looks like some folks sent a letter to horseface Kerry.

GOP Senators to Block State Department’s Backdoor Gun Control
They shoulda sent a feed bag full of oats along with it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has anyone heard anything new on this issue? As of September 1st, 28 Senators (22 R and 6 D) and 116 Congressmen (all R) have signed letters to Kerry urging him to rescind the July guidance.

I'm about to write to the 3 VA Congressmen who signed it and ask them if Kerry has even acknowledged the letters, which I doubt, and what they are going to do about it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even if Kerry rescinds it, Hillary will put it back in place.

Only hope is that Hillary doesn't get elected or that she never gets a Justice seated.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Only hope is that Hillary doesn't get elected or that she never gets a Justice seated.

And what do you think are the current, real odds of that????????????

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
And what do you think are the current, real odds of that????????????

MM
I'm not allowed to state my opinions on this website since it would cause thousands of people here to vote for Hillary and let her win the election.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lawyers gonna make some money.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,685
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.