Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Maybe I've just been lucky but everything I've had done by Mr. Forbes was simple and easy.
Gave him the exact details and he did it.

Luck?...not at all...Forbes is a very good rifle smith..but like all humans he aint perfect.
The problem only starts when they arrogantly find it hard to comes to terms with their own fallibility.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hubris-icarus-case-over-confidence-nathan-o-donnell ...

[quote]

"Overconfidence (the Mother of all Biases) has the potential to snare anyone of us if we are not aware and pick up
signals from our thinking patterns.
Overconfidence effects are some of the most potent, pervasive and pernicious of any of the documented biases.
If we are not all appropriately humble about our about the quality of our judgements, and take the time to
double-check our opinions and correct our flaws there can be an exponential negative impact to our businesses,
our staff and eventually ourselves.

There are three main observable behavioral characteristics of over confidence, these are;

• Over-precision: The tendency to be too sure that our judgements and decisions are accurate.
In this state we show little interest in testing our assumptions and dismissing evidence that we may be wrong.
• Overestimation: The common tendency to think we are better, faster, smarter, more capable, more
attractive and more popular than we actually are. As a result we we tend to overestimate how much we can
accomplish in a limited timeframe or believe we have more control than we actually do.
• Over placement is thinking falsely we rank higher than others on certain dimensions, particularly in
competitive contexts.
"

[end-quote]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Brad,
I am pretty slow to learn new things.
Last week I shot a pal's 6/47 Lapua with a dial in scope. Now I am really messed up. Dang thing really worked. And it was a Leupold. Go figure...on the CF they don't work.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Brad,
Also the Kimber stock is really shapely. The NULA is about as svelte as a fire hydrant.
Call me the convert.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
I had a friend this fall just about get killed by a charging Grizzly. She bluffed him three times. In the fracus he grabbed the clients Kimber Montana and proceeded to lock it up tighter than Fort Knox.

It was captured on film by a professional film crew so I'm anxious to see what actually went on there.

Let us know when and where it will show, please.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I find the Kimber stock as good as it gets. Like it was built for me. Yeah, Leupold/CDS is not fashionable, but it works as advertised for those not spending every waking moment spinning a turret.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RinB
The NULA is about as svelte as a fire hydrant.

I like the Kimber stock too but I've never thought the NULA was too big or bulky, I like mine.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Far from big and further from bulky.

Constructive criticism is one thing and it may not fit like some may prefer, but BS is BS.

Last edited by battue; 11/08/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, I hunt multiples of both Montana's and NULA's. The NULA has a cheekpiece and a longer forend so it's slightly larger than the Kimber....but it's a far cry from being anything other than svelte.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Then we get a linkden psychoanalysis of why Melvin is cranky. WABOS.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
WABOS.

WABOS?? Is that Spanish for "eggs?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
grin

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by slm9s
just another option, but have you looked at Rifles Inc?

I've been thinking the same thing and when it comes to repairs down the road it's a Remington 700 at heart for repair parts.

BTW I've had four ULA/NULA's through the years and still have two.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,155 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,524
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.