Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by shaman
Ingwe: I'm sorry I will not have an entry for you this year. My trigger finger slipped, and well. . .

[Linked Image]

It's really hard here in the TransBluegrass to come up with a dink worthy of entry. If you have any tips you could pass on, I'd appreciate it.

Best of luck. I hope I can have something for you next year.

I'm sorry you have that problem. It manifests itself here, also, with an occasional inferior dink showing up, so we quickly take them out of the gene pool so as the keep the racks where they should be....at the hairline.

[Linked Image]

I screwed up too. Sorry, Poobs.

[Linked Image]

Well, at least I didn't screw up as bad as you guys did. Nice bucks.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/17/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't take anything away from yours, either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Going to need a call from the refs here. About an 80 yard shot with the .275 Rigby down in the big woods.

[Linked Image]

When I got there it looks like he had lost fight with someone. Still a pretty fresh break on the main beam.

[Linked Image]

The really scary part is he fell within 20 feet of the first buck I killed on the place 20 years ago.

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dink mulie at 9000 ft..... damn I worked hard for this little rat.

He is DELICIOUS.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pugs, points for the cartridge. I hope that him falling that close to the first one's point of demise is not the end of your harvests.

Jeff, the air would be a little thin for me at 9000 feet, we hunt somewhere around 300.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I left Ingwe a PM, and he has not gotten back to me. I am thinking of featuring the Dinkathon on my website, but I need an official statement of the rules. Any idea when the old fart's going to be back around?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I left Ingwe a PM, and he has not gotten back to me. I am thinking of featuring the Dinkathon on my website, but I need an official statement of the rules. Any idea when the old fart's going to be back around?

I would imagine he's neck deep in bribes right now and will post again once the empties start piling up.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Official statement of the rules.

That's a good one.

I dropped a kidney laughing.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rules?............what rules?

Although, I almost got banned from this thread for posting a picture of a doe.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/17/16.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Pugs, too bad he was busted up like that. Nice brow tines.

Ronald Reagan
IC B3

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Rules?............what rules?

Although, I almost got banned from this thread for posting a picture of a doe.

I shot a nipper off the teat with a triple deuce and had to field a visit from Vito and Guido because it was a doe...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rules?

Contact a Moderator.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well, there are rules and there are rules. As I understand it, this is a contest where the winner is the guy who enters the buck with the shortest rack, right? A 4 inch spike is probably out of the running. A button buck is a bit too small.

Ingwe is the final judge. He decides who wins and loses. You have to convince him or else there isn't even an entry, let alone an honorable mention.

All this can be moderated by bribes to the Poobs. He's not going to allow a blantant doe or a 10-point rack as the winner, but if you submit your 2-inch spike and include the right whiskey as a bribe, you might get in the running.

Is this correct, or am I missing something? I have to say, I've not been really attentive. To date, I've made only one entry. It was a six inch forker, that I accidentally shot a couple of years ago. I got an honorable mention for the hat I was wearing. That is the extent of my experience with the contest. Normally, the bucks we take are in the hatrack-to-chandelier variety. Factory 30-06 ammo bounces off.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You, sir, on are the right track!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RWE
albinos, piebalds and mutant racks.

About the only way a feller with regular deer is going to win this thing is to knife one while humping it.

You gotta leave "proof of sex attached" to qualify!

shocked laugh
Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

I lose drank the bribe and am having a blast

Last edited by fredIII; 11/18/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fredIII
[Linked Image]

I lose drank the bribe and am having a blast

Poor form.

LOL
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, there are rules and there are rules. As I understand it, this is a contest where the winner is the guy who enters the buck with the shortest rack, right? A 4 inch spike is probably out of the running. A button buck is a bit too small.

Ingwe is the final judge. He decides who wins and loses. You have to convince him or else there isn't even an entry, let alone an honorable mention.

All this can be moderated by bribes to the Poobs. He's not going to allow a blantant doe or a 10-point rack as the winner, but if you submit your 2-inch spike and include the right whiskey as a bribe, you might get in the running.

Is this correct, or am I missing something? I have to say, I've not been really attentive. To date, I've made only one entry. It was a six inch forker, that I accidentally shot a couple of years ago. I got an honorable mention for the hat I was wearing. That is the extent of my experience with the contest. Normally, the bucks we take are in the hatrack-to-chandelier variety. Factory 30-06 ammo bounces off.

Shaman, while your understanding of this time honored contest is fairly accurate, it leads to concern that you are under the impression that "bribes" are necessary to get a favorable score from Poobah. It also concernes me that you believe mere whiskey is an adequate source of compensation. Please consider the tenuous situation the Grand Poobah is in while scrutinizing all these entries. It tends to make one very thirsty. We're talking VERY thirsty here. Mere whiskey is not enough. Voluminous amounts of beer are also needed to slake his thirst. We're talking semi trailer loads here. Also, while he's isolated in his lair pouring over all the entries, female companionship is quite appreciated. So please keep this in mind as you consider what gratuities to bestow upon the Poobs. Along with your entry, please remit increased ammounts of alocohol, and the entire Swedish Performance Bikini Team. In lieu of that, simple cash will work too............

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
223AI dink shot this morning

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (06hunter59, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 66 invisible), 13,289 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,875
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.