Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Nothing beats the Kahr 9mm for pocket carry

I'm still inclined to agree with this.

I have a PF9. It works, but it is not even close to the class of the PM9. The Kahr is more accurate and easier to shoot well - but I have to admit that I am very much in tune with the Kahr trigger. The striker fired slide is less prone to gathering pocket lint.

I've checked into the Sig 938. Too small a gun for me to reliably manipulate the safety at speed. Not that I'd want a SA auto in my pocket anyway. I haven't tried the Ruger pocket pistol, but I haven't heard anything bad about it.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CrazyCoot
My preferred CCW is a S&W Shield 9mm. There are some occasions where I can't carry it and I have to go with something smaller. I currently have a S&W Bodyguard that I pocket carry. I love the concealability, but I can't shoot that gun worth a crap. The trigger is horrible.
My question is: is there a gun that's similar in size to the Bodyguard but in a 9mm that anyone would recommend? I love my Shield but it's too large for pocket carry.
Agreed on the Bodyguard trigger. I tried one once. Terrible.

The Ruger LC9S Pro is about the smallest 9mm out there with a decent trigger.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here are the 2 that I use. A Sig P938 and a Ruger LC9s Pro. Both are very reliable. With the wrap around rubber grip I have never shot a compact pistol more comfortable than the Sig P938. It's accurate, handles well and and follow up shots are fast. For carry comfort I'll take the Ruger over anything. With it's rounded and tapered edges I tuck it in the small of my back and forget it's there. IMO, both are great pistols.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CFVA
Originally Posted by krupp
Sig 290. But it is a bitch to shoot.

Curious why you say that?

Other than the trigger pull, I like shooting mine. With the extended mag it actually fits my hand pretty well.

I use it without the extended mag just to maintain that slim profile. Maybe she is not a bitch but for me it is a challenge to find the sweet spot.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I like the Beretta Nano. It carries well in my pockets.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
I like the Beretta Nano. It carries well in my pockets.
On all factors but the trigger pull, it's a nice little piece, but that trigger pull is a deal breaker for me when there are others just as good on all other factors, and much better in trigger pull.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve had the Sig P938 and Beretta Nano. No experience with the Kahr, KelTec or Ruger. The 938 was nice and already comes with the night sights. It can perform like a full sized handgun at distance with some practice. The only negative to carrying it was that the safety needs to be disengaged at some point in the presentation and I have goofed that. The Nano points weird for me and is top heavy, so the gun tended to roll in my pocket and get out of position. The trigger does not bother me.

I now use a Glock 43 for pocket carry, but I only occasionally carry in a pocket. It is bigger than the P938 but weighs within a half ounce loaded. It is accurate and can take a lot of shooting, and I use it in IDPA matches sometimes. It is bulkier than the P938, and the Kahr or Ruger may be better as a dedicated pocket gun.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want P938 so bad I can taste it, alas it is not in the budget for the foreseeable future so I will continue to carry the de-horned 431PD.

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I had both a Kahr PM9 and a Glock 43 and was not comfortable pocket carrying either of them; I found both worked better on a belt holster and, once I decided on a belt holster, it was easier just to carry my Glock 19 or a Colt Commander.

Likely go back to a S&W J-frame for pocket carry, if I ever go back to pocket carry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
I want P938 so bad I can taste it, alas it is not in the budget for the foreseeable future so I will continue to carry the de-horned 431PD.

[Linked Image]

I believe you'll be fine in the interim. (Looks like someone's been in the lockwork, BTW.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes I have, it is slick and smooth. damn gunsmith screwdriver gave me fits with the bad thumb,but I can live with it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had a Ruger LC9. Sent it back after one clip through it. Terrible trigger. They updated it very quickly for about $30 bucks. That made a world of difference. Nice gun for the money, but I use it in the house only. I went to a Taurus G2 and that one I enjoy. Got a 12 round Mag and I feel like I'm OK. with CC. By the way, that better trigger comes in a kit, and almost anyone can change it.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE

[Linked Image]

I carry a 938 almost every day. A LCP when I don't have the 938.
I bought one of the first ones I saw. Trigger is only compliant. It heavy and gritty feeling. I changed out the plastic trigger for a after market SS trigger. It over ranged my trigger gauge when new. With the new trigger and springs it's proball still over 6 lbs.
I'm looking real hard now at the S&W 360sc from Davidsons. I did have a 637 but one of my daughters borrowed it and I probably want get it back. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been pocket carrying my Glock 43 daily since mid spring this year. It's just about perfect for me in a DeSantis Nemesis in my right front pocket, and a spare magazine in my watch pocket.
[Linked Image]

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To go with this thread, has anyone found any particular brand of jeans that has larger pockets? For pocket carry, of course.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by g5m
To go with this thread, has anyone found any particular brand of jeans that has larger pockets? For pocket carry, of course.

Wranglers. For "khakis", Mountain Khakis (that double right front is perfect for pocket carry).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thank you.

Retired cat herder.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 02bfishn, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,724
Posts18,475,806
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.