Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like the 25-06 simply because it's different, and in my world, it's perfect for taking critters ranging from coyotes to mule deer.

NRA Benefactor member
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you look back at my posts, I never even referred to this dumb $ch!t directly but somehow he knew to respond to the "village idiot". laugh

Pretty sad he has to quote each one of us individually into one post because he's only allowed two posts per day. You'd think he would reflect a bit but instead continues to attack with his nonsensical ramblings.

In all seriousness though, what the hell is wrong with that guy? He should be spending more time on a psychiatrist's couch or even a padded room discussing his problems with mental health professionals than on a hunting forum bantering with us.

That is some disturbingly bizarre ranting. The mispellings, syntax and grammar - it's like he thinks he's being funny but he actually comes off like a retarded 12 year old. They let that guy play with guns?

There seems to be a serious infestation of spiders in that attic, if you know what I mean. He is in desperate need of an exterminator . . frown

Last edited by Dryfly24; 12/21/16.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no communicating with this drunk....

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Perhaps but his point is still valid. And, getting into a pissing match with Stick is futile as he is never short of words and pushing buttons is an art he has mastered like no one else on this forum.
If someone wants to gun a 25-06 buy it and don't come here to an open forum for an excuse and not expect polarized opinions. I've owned four in the past. Shot many head of deer, black bear and all sorts of vermin. I've sold every one of them too. Simple fact is there is better bullets north and south of the 25-06. Much better. I'm down to two rifles. A 280 AI and a 30-06'. I keep the 30-'06 around for nostalgia and the 280 AI is my workhorse and is fed only 162gr A-max's. For anything I plan to hunt it will hammer it from 0-1,000 yds. If I plan on hunting grizzly interior or coastal I will borrow a .458 WM and give Phil a call. Anything else I have a perfect one gun battery.
I simply check the numbers and find the best BC in the best caliber and found the sweet spot with the 7mm, 162 A-max and contrary to advertising it DOES work on game. Once my last box is gone I'm going to give the 175 gr ELD-X a run. A .689 G1 BC is hard to beat in anything sub .50 cal without getting beat up by recoil. And one can only wonder what the 180 gr 7mm ELD will do. Just my take.

Last edited by brinky72; 12/22/16.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I will admit I dont know anything about the long range shooting/hunting game ...but with all the conversation you guys are having I have to ask why do bullets matter so much if you know how much windage and yardage to dial into your scope via a range finder or what ever else you may use to hit your target...I mean as long as it has enough energy to kill what your shooting at does it really matter...obviously it would be better to have a flatter trajectory but a dead critter is a dead critter isnt it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gene 270,

It's not so much the elevation, it's the wind that gets ya.

High B.C. bullets also carry their energy better at long range.

As has been pointed out a .243 105 vld carries more energy and velocity at long range than a 100gr or 120gr. .25 cal. bullet.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A 25-06 is great for Texas hunting. You hardly ever see a deer over 200lbs.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just for grins guys. Here is a picture of the POS that's such a blow hard bad azz. In his nicest attire. LOL.

[Linked Image]

Graduation pics none the less. (Can't stop laffin). 😂😂

Guy, he knows lots about guns but jackshit about life. If you want to know everything about guns he know read Brain's books on long range shooting and enjoy. Then thank god you ain't poor old Sugar Tits, aka lactating LARRY.
Ps the 25-06 sucks when Bullets with .550+ BC stand on all sides. That is easy to figure its life some can't grasp.

Kisses !!!!!!!!! fat azz sorry to jerk your STRING again, but beer is on sale again. Merry Christmas Larry Kimbers with 50 MOA rails. Happy thoughts happy thoughts.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 12/22/16.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Better designed bullets with higher BC carry more energy farther and at all ranges. Plus do it fighting gravity and the wind better. Therefore a smaller diameter bullet that is better designed will out perform a bigger bullet that is halfassed designed bullet. Your benefit is big gun smack down farther out without getting your butt kicked by big gun recoil, weight or appetite for powder. Does it really matter and will any game animal know the difference? No. But it's fun to get the most out of a gun as possible sometimes.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RBO,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that I long ago MASTERED rifle blueprints and balance/handlin' is prolly sumptin' I've mentioned before. Feel free to cite a contour,twist rate or barrel length you reckon'd be "new" to me. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Ain't that a painted handle on that Safe Queen you're so "proud" of? You poor poor STUPID Fhuqk. She's really been to the Fair. Laughing!

Be sure to "tell" me about scopes too,as I haven't had much more than a hunnert Reupolds. Mebbe that "tricky" one on THE Safe Queen is sumptin' "unknown" to me?!? Hint. Laughing!

NOBODY is more fluent in Turretese than I,whether it MOA/MIl,MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Never have seen a Nightfarce. Laughing!

Am still openin' mail and only found (2) new Fixed Fhuqkers thus far. Ain't like I went crazy one 'em or anything,as I doubt I've got more than fifty of 'em. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that a Bumbling DUMB Fhuqk such as yourself,KNOWED better than to cite chambering,twist rate,boolits or COAL...let alone how you arrange POA/POI correlations with Da' 'Queen. Laughing!

Now you can say you've "seen" Long Range Rimfire wares. Google how to reach the 700yd++ line with a 22LR. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You are in sooooooooooo fhuqking far over your pointy head,it's plum fhuqking amazin'...you "lucky" kchunt. Spare no "details" and don't "forget" particulars. mebbe muse base/rings too,as that schit is all new to me too. Laughing!

Be CERTAIN to "tell" me about load development too. Laughing!

Go for the throat...I'm on the ropes.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'12,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that your quivering lips and trembling fingers,have aligned your Imagination and it's Pretend,to "grant" you the fhuqking Delusion that you can speak in the first hand to anything Outdoors,other than what a dick tastes like. Congratulations?!?

Getta kick outta SORRY Clueless Fhuqks that gotta "we" everything...because they've never turned a lick in the firsthand. Pun BE intended,as '12 assuredly is ALL licks and hands. LAUGHING!

Cite what you "do" for a "living" again...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'Lou,

Windshield wipers on a Billy Goat's ass is "different",but hardly a gain in Terminal Affects,Precision,Flight Characteristics or Recoil. Hint.

REALITY is,that 25-06 Terminal Affects,Precision,Flight Characteristics and Recoil are VERY easily trumped,from a vastly superior parcel,that extolls mechanical advantages founded in both Theory and Application. Hint.

If buying a new pickup with a big block in it,then unhooking 3 plug wires and filling the tank with diesel are "different" to you...then you sure as fhuqk can have your way and disregard FACTS and Physics. Congratulations?!?

Cite that which your version of "perfection" is founded upon based upon the 25-06 and really go for the fhuqking throat and mention the platform,glass,rings,bases and how you arrange POA/POI..if only for starters. I realize you will NOT,because you can NOT and that is the only fhuqking reason it is sooooooooo fhuqking funny. Hint. Laughing!

Slow your roll,take notes and apply same.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

You've been led to water.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Dumbfly,

You were almost brazen enough to say sumptin' about The Outdoors. ALMOST. Congratulations?!?

Instead you yet again waxed eloquent on your very WELL founded Insecurities,beat the drum on your Vagina Monologue and whined like the CLUELESS Kchunt you are. What were the "odds"?!? LAUGHING!

In Maine...money grows on trees.

Shoulda prolly bought 3000yds of 30# Yeller PP for the Chrome Chronicles,but will make due this evenin' and spool more than a few thangs up,for Morning Mayhem. Be SURE to use your Imagination and Pretend,to fabricate the DELUSION,that you will not be hangin' upon every fhuqking word and splendid pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking HOOT!

Bless your heart.

Kchuntis,

I always groove on your Plagiarized pics and Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery,as you set mired in your INCREDIBLE fhuqking STUPIDITY.

Never even seen a Krunchenticker,let alone shot one...nor have I heard of a Reupold MK4 M3 6x and certainly NOT with a MOA scale insteada' BDC. Hint. Laughing!

Now you can say you've "seen" one AND Max50's too...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Don't "forget" that besides being a WHINING/CLUELESS Kchunt you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and "can't read" ANY of this,due your "esteemed" Imaginary Pretend Ignore. I'm fhuqking cryin'...laughing sooooooooooo hard!!!

You "hard charger" you.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

'72,

I'm simply afforded the luxury(s) of not being forced to guess...which is in FACT,not even a leetle bit fhuqking "fair". Pardon my not feeling compelled to apologize for same.(grin)

Hint.

Laughing!...............

'270,

For reasons ONLY "known" to STUPID Fhuqks..."BC" is heralded as a "dirty" word,which is of course funnier than fhuqk. It is in FACT,simply a numerical designation to extrapolate aero forms. Full stop,end of story. Hint.

NOTHING matters more than bullets. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

Trajectory is but one facet of a boolit's behavior and "energy" is flufftitude,as plainly cited prior. "Energy" does NOT take into account that which matters most,which is projectile integrity. ALL boolits of like weight/impact velocity,make IDENTICAL fhuqking "energy",though their anatomical disruption behavior(s) can/will/do run the gamut. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

BC is a Mind Fhuqk,that reliably trips Simpletons up,as you and this Thread eloquently attest obliviously. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

Joe Average(JoeDUMBfhuqk),puts MUCH store into headstamps,weight and velocity,which is funnier than fhuqk when extrapolated objectively to Physics/Facts. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

Lemme dangle a snippet here,in regards to a PM I answered not long ago,in order to correlate much of that which TOTALLY escapes your faculties. This extrapolates Hornady's BEST 25-06 load(best BC,best launch speed and Superformancetitude) to a "lowly" 6.5 Creed' from them.

Hornady's best 25-06 Factory Load is a 117SST Superformance load at 3100fps. It do thusly with a 200yd zero and 10mph full value wind:

200yds 0 3.2" drift 2442fps 1756lbs "energy"
500yds -39.4" drop 23" drift 1929fps 967lbs energy
700yds -110" drop 50" drift 1538fps 615lbs energy
1000yds -341" drop 125" drift 1061fps 292lbs energy

The 6.5Creed' 147ELD Factory Ammo at 2700fps,zero'd same and in 10mph wind again:

200yds 0 2" drift 2442fps 1947lbs "energy"
500yds -43" drop 14" drift 2078fps 1410lbs energy
700yds -110" drop 28" drift 1853fps 1120lbs energy
1000 -292" 64" drift 1538fps 772lbs energy

In overview,the 6.5 Creed essentially catches 25-06 impact velocity at the 300yd line and it perpetually keeps the lead and adds to same. At the 1000yd line it gobbled up the 410fps 25-06 advantage in muzzle velocity and surpasses it by 477fps at that distance,for an effective total velocity swing of 887fps.

The 6.5 makes more "energy" from the 100yd line to however far you wish to shame the 25-06. It catches 25-06 drop at 700yds and drops less than it,to however far you wish to shame it. While drop is a breeze to calculate ala LRF and good turrets,the tidbit is still interesting.

Main thing is,the Creed' drifts far less in the wind,arrives the scene with more "Oooomph",has a higher impact velocity and recoils less,while being quieter to boot.

The itty-bitty case(fhuqking 22-250 necked up to .264"),absolutely THRASHES the long action and muchly "heralded" 25-06. Why?!? Gawwdamned withoutta fhuqking doubt BC. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

What exemplary aero form(BC) does,is GREEDILY hang onto initial velocity and it sheds same,with great trepidation/resistance. Key is NOT how "fast" something starts...but rather how it is behaving at the fhuqking finish. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

So BC in an of itself ain't THE Holy Fhuqking Grail,because integrity/mettle must factor in the equation too and rest assured,not everyone do that. Nor close. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

Hornady has simply stolen The Show and stomped THE fhuqk outta everyone else,in regards to aero form and mettle,which will pay copious dividends. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

Whatcha' reap in advance,is the sanctity of what you THOUGHT you "knew" before. No thang to extrapolate all in accords. If a 25-06 is a fhuqking HOLY Schit killer at the 500yd line with said boolit,at said speed(which is a recipe that trumps everything cited by The Paper Hat Brigade in it's "defense" thus far)...then you just might wanna fhuqking take note,that the itty-bitty Creed' does same at a greater distance. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

500yd 117SST Superformance "energy" (967lbs),is what the itty-bittyy Creed' do at 825yds+. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

'Course it drops less,drifts less,arrives at higher impact velocity and recoils less too. RE-FHUQKING-HINT.

Rest assured,if I take the time to type it...you'll be exceedingly well served to apply it. Read that again. Now one more time. This time say it aloud. Rinse/repeat. Hint.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

'fubar,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk...I never don't not getta kick outta your talking out your ass,about the things you "know" the LEAST about. Congratulations?!?

The ONLY thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........

hanco,

Pass the 223.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Fredrica,

You suck a mean ass! What do you "do" for a "living" again? Congratulations?!?

ANY fhuqking luck on sortin' out MOA and MILS?!? Did NOT think so.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

Cast & Blast in the AM...mebbe all you Do NOTHING Clueless Fhuqks can trade PM's and "convince" yourselves you have a first fhuqking clue?!? Don't "forget" about Imaginary Pretend Ignore though.

LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sandals with socks huh?

The fashionista of the trailer park huh?

LMAO@

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]
He looks hungry.

Sick SHE on Sick Stick !

Last edited by jwall; 12/22/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People that pose with animals like this aren't worthy of the animals they hunt.

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by jwall
[Linked Image]
He looks hungry.

Sick him on Sick Stick !
She. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's what I said.
laugh laugh

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Brad
People that pose with animals like this aren't worthy of the animals they hunt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

👍👍👍👍. Being proud for a good fckn reason.

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 1,804 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,001
Posts18,520,477
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.