Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mom Asks Sam's Club for a Cross on a Cake. The Response Has Her Doing a Double-Take at Their Catalog

[Linked Image]

Brandi Dypka wasn't looking for anything outrageous or unusual. She just wanted a cake befitting her son's dedication at church.

Screenshot/WJBK News
As WJBK News reports, Brandi visited the Sam's Club in Southgate, Michigan, to order a celebratory cake for her son Drake. All she wanted were the words “God Bless Drake” and a cross made of frosting.

But when Brandi described the design to the Sam's Club employee, she got a blanket refusal to add the cross. Brandi told WJBK:

"She said, 'I'm sorry we can't do that.'

I said, 'Is there a reason?'

And she said, 'Yeah we just don't do the religious crosses on the cakes. We don't pipe them."

Brandi was understandably concerned. Not only had she ordered the same design before (and from the same store), but the catalog of Sam's Club cakes included one with a silver cross. Yet when she tried to amend her order to get that same silver cross, she met with another refusal.

Frustrated, Brandi tried contacting the corporate office for help. But rather than apologize or explain, the email from corporate suggested they weren't interested in getting involved. She told WJBK their email included the line:

“If you don't like the cake, don't purchase it.”

Determined to get the cake she wanted, Brandi went back to store management and they reluctantly gave in:

“I don't know if it's because I was so aggressive about it. [I said], 'Here's the emails and here's the pictures.' And he said, 'Ok we'll go ahead and do it.' And the woman's like 'What color do you want?'”

A Sam's Club spokeswoman agreed that Brandi received poor customer service from her local store and said she wants to make it up to the mom. The company also released a written statement to WJBK:

This should have never happened and we have reached out to apologize to Ms. Dypka. We're proud to offer a number of cake options, including inspirational cakes with crosses. In this case, we could have done a much better job of communicating with the member about how to fulfill her specific request. We're grateful she allowed us the opportunity to provide a cake she ordered in time for her son's celebration.

Though she acknowledges the apology, Brandi isn't sure she's willing to give Sam's Club another chance. She told WJBK:

“I don't know that I want to go back and support a business like that. I'd rather support local businesses.”

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Based on what I read in the news, cake and idiots seem to go together.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let them eat cake.....

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life was so much easier when wimmen knew how to bake a f'n cake...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let them eat cock

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Yeah. Let the SOB's eat some cock

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why would anyone piss off someone making food for them in an out of sight venue?

Who likes spit in their cake?

Last edited by Sitka deer; 02/24/17. Reason: Frigging autocorrect!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Based on what I read in the news, cake and idiots seem to go together.

Dave

This.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Life was so much easier when wimmen knew how to bake a f'n cake...

And this.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Tell me how Sam's refusing to make a religious cake is different from refusing to make a gay cake?

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
How about a big t? As long as it doen't become obscene or insulting, or require a decorator to feel like their skill causes them to be involved (a queer asking for a cake is different than asking for input on designing it), make a pentagram, swastika, confederate flat, or moon

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
How about a big t? As long as it doen't become obscene or insulting, or require a decorator to feel like their skill causes them to be involved (a queer asking for a cake is different than asking for input on designing it), make a pentagram, swastika, confederate flat, or moon

I thought the same thing

We're going to have to decide though

do we support bakeries that refuse to make cakes based on whatever reasons or not?

You can't say a bakery has the right to refuse some lesbo's cake and then demand that Sams (whothephug wants a Sam's cake anyway?) put a cross on it.

I say let the free market decide Sam's cake policy.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/24/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Whats wrong with a sams cake? Cakes cake.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Religion is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by kennyd

I thought the same thing

We're going to have to decide though

do we support bakeries that refuse to make cakes based on whatever reasons or not?

You can't say a bakery has the right to refuse some lesbo's cake and then demand that Sams (whothephug wants a Sam's cake anyway?) put a cross on it.

I say let the free market decide Sam's cake policy.

I have a constitutional right to deem all of them morons.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Taking "In God we trust" off money is coming next, mark my words.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I too find it disturbing that the lady wouldn't make her son a cake. The world is truly going to chit. I suppose she buys vegetable and cheese trays too?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I too find it disturbing that the lady wouldn't make her son a cake. The world is truly going to chit. I suppose she buys vegetable and cheese trays too?

I draw the line at Guacamole in the plastic tub. laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Why would anyone piss off someone making food for them in an out of sight venue?

Or worse. sick

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Or worse. sick

L.W.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,686
Posts18,534,471
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.