Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 46 47
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Booze should not be taxed, just like legal weed should not be taxed.

Just stop spending money on it.

If you want to smoke weed....personal freedom and all that....an employer should have the right not to hire you.

I am MAGA.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
Some can handle smoking weed, most can not. I worked a lot men in my life and most of the weed smokers needed fired the first day. I did not have that option. Hard to document enough to get them fired where I worked, but most transferred after a while. They did not seem to like me very much. I did have a couple that could smoke after work hours and come to work the next day and do a good job, but they were in the minority. The others were lazy and usually trying to sneak a smoke in during work hours. You could smell them after a bathroom break, and their actions were screwed up too. I don't think it is a good idea to legalize recreational weed without an easy way to test for being stoned during the work hour. If legal, nighttime use would show up, unless company policy had a no tolerance at any time. Would make it harder to enforce and I figure in time the policy would change leaving stoned workers building things and getting hurt on the job. miles

I don't know exactly how you would test it except that you can tell when someone is stoned just like you can tell when they are drunk. Both need to be treated the same in the work place as well as driving and such.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
One might be surprised by how many of their workers smoke pot. Losers that need fired that first day are likely losers irregardless of their off duty hobbies. I've known doctors and surgeons, cops and judges that smoked pot on their own time and no matter how perceptive you guys think you are you'd never know it unless they told you. The alcoholics can always be spotted but the pot smoker not so much. It's just much easier to blame pot, like guns, for the actions of idiots. The fact that a new guy tells his boss that he smokes weed proves he's a few bricks shy of a full load. It's none of the boss's business what a guy does when he's not on the clock.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The DEA classifies Everything in Genus Cannabis as a Schedule 1. This includes Marijuana and Hemp. Take the psyo-active THC out of MJ and Hemp and you have dozens if not hundreds of other compounds that may be useful to science and medicine.

Currently, adequate research [b][color:#3333FF]cannot be completed[/color][/b], because legal Cannabis supplies are heavily restricted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, since Cannabis is a Schedule 1.

"Clinical researchers can get permission from the DEA to grow or create restricted compounds like LSD, MDMA or psilocybin in the lab; not so with cannabis."

Re-scheduling Cannabis will allow proper medical research to begin on the true medicinal aspects of Genus Cannabis.

I think that point is being lost in the rush to beat up on the "pot-heads". Regardless those who smoke it will continue to smoke it whether it's re-scheduled or not.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm not going to use it. But it isn't any worse than alcohol and passing the 18th amendment did more harm to this country than any other single act. Except for possibly the war on drugs.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Does anyone really think pot being illegal keeps anyone from getting it? I have never bought any but would bet large sums of money that I could get some in 30 minutes or less. If you can not keep people from getting it, all you are doing is funding drug gangs by keeping it illegal. Make it legal and tax it, just like alcohol.

Look at the states that have legalized it. Pot use has increased significantly.

One of the reasons you see more problems with alcohol is that you can pick it up at just about any grocery store, gas station, restaurant, quicky mart, etc.

You think if weed was just as easily obtained there would be no increase in use???

I don't see the argument of stoners that they aren't as bad as drunks as being a badge of honor, but to each their own.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
AND....the government DOES NOT need to have ventured into the health business! This all came about at the insistence of the three time loser.....HILLARY BITCH!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Calvin
Am I the only one getting sick of smelling all the potheads walking around?

No you are not. I am currently moving because of it. Selling the home and business. I live 3 miles from Seafire and we are in full agreement about what pot does to society.

F potheads and growers, they serve zero useful purpose in society.

+1

Ted
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Derek
This is worth supporting IMO, get the feds out of state business and save US taxpayers billions of dollars / year....
------------------------------------------------------------
Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition

Representatives Tom Garrett (R-VA) and Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) have introduced bipartisan legislation, HR 1227, to exclude marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, thus leaving states the authority to regulate the plant how best they see fit.

The “Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017” eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing the plant. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

FDA calls it a Class 1 drug meaning it has NO medical use. Pure BS. I would not smoke it even if it was free and legal but I would use some of the new strains than have little or no THC. Topical lotions do wonders for things like arthritis. I could use a little less pain without the normal drugs side affects. I know a woman who has worked hard all her 70 years and her hands look like claws. She uses a cream and has a normal pain free life. I could use the same cream but I will not lie on a federal form.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
None of the pot growers give a sheit about medicinal use. These guys are growing for recreational market.

LOL
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not true my friend. While I agree most grow to sell for those who want the high there is a growing number growing for medical use and some newer strains that have little to no THC is proof. They would not put effort into the no TCH strains if they were selling to pot heads.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If they wanted to do that, they'd be growin hemp.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An awful lot of holier than thou's saying "My drugs of choice (tobacco, booze, prescription and over the counter drugs) are just fine and do no one any harm, but all you others are F'd up."

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Jesus turned water to wine, not pot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Not the same by a long way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Jesus turned water to wine, not pot.

That's because he was out of rollin papers..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Not the same by a long way.

You are correct.

Hemp has way less THC, and way more CBDs, which are alleged to be the substance with the medical uses.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have read the new strains developed in CA have a lot more of the beneficial properties along with the lack of THC but you have me thinking I should try some hemp oil on my hands and shoulder. It may work. Perhaps just hemp oil and coconut oil mixed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump will veto. Pot is a drug.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
An awful lot of holier than thou's saying "My drugs of choice (tobacco, booze, prescription and over the counter drugs) are just fine and do no one any harm, but all you others are F'd up."

I was just relating my experiences working men for 30 years. Take it or leave it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 5 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 63 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,511
Posts18,509,381
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.