-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 47 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 46 47
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John, don't listen to those guys from Oregon, they're kooks, what do they know about the long term effects of drug use.

LOL

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I have no problem with pot smokers or legalization. I've worked with a bunch of pot heads over the years with no problem. Some of them were among the best and most productive at their jobs. Those who are stupid and lazy will be that way with or without pot and those who are intelligent, ambitious and talented will be the same with or without.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
The ward with 50 beds across the hall is filled with drunks, that smashed their cars into soccer moms and small children.

Wake up

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, and what do you suppose the people with anxiety get when they go to the ER? Yep, more drugs.

But that's cool cuz smoking MJ is harmless. Doesn't lead to anything else, totally not a gateway drug.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
So, coincidental to this conversation, my kid has to go to the ER last night. Four beds in the same room separated by curtains, so everyone is real close together. You can hear everyone in the room. As the staff was interviewing each of these other three people in the room, ALL three of the other patients admitted to smoking pot. One admitted to heroine and meth use. Anxiety issues, and other general problems, not some specific problem like crashed a motorcycle. Listening to them you could tell their lives were train wrecks, problem after problem. Chronic physical conditions, lifestyle illnesses.

Draw your own conclusions. It's not rocket surgery.

And most likely no insurance so you paid the bill for those three along with your kid.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't buy the gateway drug argument either. I've know way too many who've smoked pot their entire adult lives and never did anything else. The chicken littles on this site are amusing as hell.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nah. Mostly small government libertarians.

Recreational drug use is NEVER good for society. Just as in the defense of country against foreign invaders, I think the feds have a vested interest in eliminating drug use for the good of the country.

Not alot of drug use in countries where it's treated as a capital crime.

Did you forget that alcohol and tobacco are drugs?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Recreational drug use is NEVER good for society. Just as in the defense of country against foreign invaders, I think the feds have a vested interest in eliminating drug use for the good of the country.

Nope. They prove my point. Never good for a country.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and what do you suppose the people with anxiety get when they go to the ER? Yep, more drugs.

But that's cool cuz smoking MJ is harmless. Doesn't lead to anything else, totally not a gateway drug.

No one said it's harmless, no one said it's "healthy"...many people have anxiety and depression issues, it's not weeds fault...it's a medical condition. This thread is about removing it from the Federal Schedule 1 list, not legalizing it's use nation wide.

Try to learn some facts, instead of spewing some ridiculous preconceived notions based on a hysteria. It has been proven to have valuable medical benefits, for many people suffering with real problems...and much better than a daily Oxi or anti-depressant pill diet.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You'll never get all the boozers on here to admit to that.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

No one said it's harmless, no one said it's "healthy"...

Really?

It has been proven to have valuable medical benefits, for many people suffering with real problems...and much better than a daily Oxi or anti-depressant pill diet.

And for those people there's the strains that don't get you high but provide the medicinal benefits alone. Am I right?

The whole pot argument isn't about medicinal, it's about getting high and everyone knows it.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have read the new strains developed in CA have a lot more of the beneficial properties along with the lack of THC but you have me thinking I should try some hemp oil on my hands and shoulder. It may work. Perhaps just hemp oil and coconut oil mixed.

Right now all we have is nsaids for our arthritis as non addicting pain relievers. If you are a chronic arthritis patient on nsaids you may see some cardiac changes. I have been told I have some right heart hypertrophy and HBP that wasn't there 5 years ago. Since about when everything started falling apart. I have considered weed as an alternative pain med but the prohibition in relation to my CCW is the stopper right now.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Really?

It has been proven to have valuable medical benefits, for many people suffering with real problems...and much better than a daily Oxi or anti-depressant pill diet.

And for those people there's the strains that don't get you high but provide the medicinal benefits alone. Am I right?

The whole pot argument isn't about medicinal, it's about getting high and everyone knows it.

I won't vote for legalization until someone admits that when they lobby me about how it fixes everything from pimples to prolapse.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Nope. They prove my point. Never good for a country.

Then,why not make them illegal too? Did you forget your history and why prohibition isn't a good answer?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have read the new strains developed in CA have a lot more of the beneficial properties along with the lack of THC but you have me thinking I should try some hemp oil on my hands and shoulder. It may work. Perhaps just hemp oil and coconut oil mixed.

Right now all we have is nsaids for our arthritis as non addicting pain relievers. If you are a chronic arthritis patient on nsaids you may see some cardiac changes. I have been told I have some right heart hypertrophy and HBP that wasn't there 5 years ago. Since about when everything started falling apart. I have considered weed as an alternative pain med but the prohibition in relation to my CCW is the stopper right now.
Heavy use of nsaids will destoy your kidneys over time. I have degenerative bone disease in my spine and have used nsaids for years. I can't use them anymore because I've also been diagnosed with kidney disease and my nephrologist says it's most likely the nsaids that caused it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Really?

And there you are wrong in your assumption, the Feds see no distinction difference between THC or CBD laden weed. What people choose to do with it is none of my business, because it's legal in many states. And alcohol drinkers aren't using it for a buzz ?, right just a cold drink to quench the thirst lol.

It's no different in theory than individual states hunting laws, you can use bait & dogs to hunt deer...and I can't. Do I judge your methods of killing deer if it's legal ?...no I don't because it's legal in your state.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Medicinal use of MJ is where the conversation on it's use needs to start and end. Otherwise, it has no value to society as a whole.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Medicinal use of MJ is where the conversation on it's use needs to start and end. Otherwise, it has no value to society as a whole.

Nice of you to be in control of everyone's freedoms, including the legalized states...you should run for President.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I actually agree with that. I wouldn't argue that we wouldn't be better off without it. The difference between us is however that you seem to think making it illegal causes it to go away.We can't make it go away. What we have to do is decide on the best way to manage it. I'm saying that you can't simply pass a law and stick your head in the sand acting like you solved the problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I actually agree with that. I wouldn't argue that we wouldn't be better off without it. The difference between us is however that you seem to think making it illegal causes it to go away.We can't make it go away. What we have to do is decide on the best way to manage it. I'm saying that you can't simply pass a law and stick your head in the sand acting like you solved the problem.

Stick my head in the sand? I'm not the one that smoked an ounce a week for ten years. Respectfully.

LOL
Page 10 of 47 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.