Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 47 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Medicinal use of MJ is where the conversation on it's use needs to start and end. Otherwise, it has no value to society as a whole.

Nice of you to be in control of everyone's freedoms, including the legalized states...you should run for President.

Nice of pot consumers and growers to impose their lifestyle choices and it's resultant problems on the rest of society. Oh, I forgot, pot use is a victimless crime. Silly me.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No one said it's harmless, no one said it's "healthy"...many people have anxiety and depression issues, it's not weeds fault...it's a medical condition. ....
Pot causes anxiety & depression. You can see it's acute form when someone is post-high or, as they say, "burnt out". Eventually that condition becomes chronic.

It has been proven to have valuable medical benefits, for many people suffering with real problems...and much better than a daily Oxi or anti-depressant pill diet.

I support developing useful meds from it.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

a couple of guys who I've known since they were Scouts in our Troop ( both became Eagle Scouts), are nurses in the ER at Three Rivers, on the night shift...

The stories I hear them tell sometimes when I ask about their jobs, when I run into them at the hospital, when I'm stopping by the office my wife works in.....

Man, I love talking to cops, firemen and medical pros - they have the best stories! laugh

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BarryC

No one said it's harmless, no one said it's "healthy"...many people have anxiety and depression issues, it's not weeds fault...it's a medical condition. ....
Pot causes anxiety & depression. You can see it's acute form when someone is post-high or, as they say, "burnt out". Eventually that condition becomes chronic.

It has been proven to have valuable medical benefits, for many people suffering with real problems...and much better than a daily Oxi or anti-depressant pill diet.

I've never seen pot cause anxiety and depression. Burnouts are the most laid back, don't get upset at anything folks I've ever known.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have read the new strains developed in CA have a lot more of the beneficial properties along with the lack of THC but you have me thinking I should try some hemp oil on my hands and shoulder. It may work. Perhaps just hemp oil and coconut oil mixed.

Right now all we have is nsaids for our arthritis as non addicting pain relievers. If you are a chronic arthritis patient on nsaids you may see some cardiac changes. I have been told I have some right heart hypertrophy and HBP that wasn't there 5 years ago. Since about when everything started falling apart. I have considered weed as an alternative pain med but the prohibition in relation to my CCW is the stopper right now.
Heavy use of nsaids will destoy your kidneys over time. I have degenerative bone disease in my spine and have used nsaids for years. I can't use them anymore because I've also been diagnosed with kidney disease and my nephrologist says it's most likely the nsaids that caused it.

Hard on the liver too, right? My sisters gut is shot from nsaids too, she can't take them. A co-worker was confronted by a work comp doc about his heart and HBP and the fact that Jim looked like he was made of barbed wire wrapped in rawhide and assumed he was a tweaker. His burned out gut made him lose weight too. He went round and round with the doc until he mentioned otc nsaids he ate like m&ms. The doc was offering full confidentiality to get him in rehab. Nasty stuff them nsaids.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC

The ONLY way this will happen is if Cannabis is taken off the Schedule I drug list. Until then, no research will be done..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's really the conversation - where do you want the control to be? At the federal, state or local level?

Does someone like a nationwide education policy? How about regulating homosexual marriage at the federal level so every state has to accept the will of Washington in that matter? Or would you rather have those decisions at the state level?

If California wants to let folks smoke dope while two men who identify as women engage in transgendered lesbian sex in the girls bathroom, that's for Californians to decide. If folks in Nebraska or Idaho or Michigan don't like that, why should they have to put up with it?

The red herring that always gets caught in these arguments is whether pot is good or bad or indifferent. We have these threads over and over and the same players post the same things, no one ever changes their opinion. But if you hate it or not, why let the federal government make a one size fits all policy toward it?

Why not let the residents of a state decide for themselves on each and every one of these social issues? There are still dry counties in the country where the sale of alcohol is banned, in other places it's allowed under different circumstances. In Idaho only state liquor stores can sell hard liquor, in Florida private stores are licensed to sell it.

Oregon allows the sale of recreational marijuana but allowed counties to opt out, that's why you see tons of pot shops in Western Oregon but Malheur county in very conservative Eastern Oregon has none. Bravo! They let the folks make the decision at the most local level possible.

Each state decided these social issues for themselves - pot or alcohol- and if they want to change it they can do so at the state level, and if the states are smart and it's feasible they delegate that decision down to an even more local level.

Just get the damn federal government out of these social issues. In fact get the damn federal government out of everything except those things that is beyond the power of individual states to effectively control, like national defense or interstate highways.

There will always be people who f*ck up their lives.
There will always be people who allow their irresponsibility to harm others.
And there will always be people who want more and more government - but ONLY when it controls all of those other irresponsible ass holes - leave MY liberty alone, thank you very much.

The government that governs least governs best.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Medicinal use of MJ is where the conversation on it's use needs to start and end. Otherwise, it has no value to society as a whole.

Nice of you to be in control of everyone's freedoms, including the legalized states...you should run for President.

Nice of pot consumers and growers to impose their lifestyle choices and it's resultant problems on the rest of society. Oh, I forgot, pot use is a victimless crime. Silly me.

Your lack of the ability to stay focused on the facts, and stay on point with the subject....clearly suggests you're smoking a "fattie".

You are hopelessly lost in your own delusion, there is seriously something wrong with your mental capacity.

For the 10th time, it's LEGAL in 28 states including DC...take it up with your local congressman.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That's really the conversation - where do you want the control to be? At the federal, state or local level?

Does someone like a nationwide education policy? How about regulating homosexual marriage at the federal level so every state has to accept the will of Washington in that matter? Or would you rather have those decisions at the state level?

If California wants to let folks smoke dope while two men who identify as women engage in transgendered lesbian sex in the girls bathroom, that's for Californians to decide. If folks in Nebraska or Idaho or Michigan don't like that, why should they have to put up with it?

The red herring that always gets caught in these arguments is whether pot is good or bad or indifferent. We have these threads over and over and the same players post the same things, no one ever changes their opinion. But if you hate it or not, why let the federal government make a one size fits all policy toward it?

Why not let the residents of a state decide for themselves on each and every one of these social issues? There are still dry counties in the country where the sale of alcohol is banned, in other places it's allowed under different circumstances. In Idaho only state liquor stores can sell hard liquor, in Florida private stores are licensed to sell it. But the folks in each state decided that issue for themselves and if they want to change it they can do so at the state level.

Get the damn federal government out of these social issues. In fact get the damn federal government out of everything except those things that is beyond the power of individual states to effectively control, like national defense or interstate highways.

There will always be people who f*ck up their lives.
There will always be people who allow their irresponsibility to harm others.
And there will always be people who want more and more government - but ONLY when it controls all of those other irresponsible ass holes - leave MY liberty alone, thank you very much.

The government that governs least governs best.

Jim gets it, bravo Sir

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I actually agree with that. I wouldn't argue that we wouldn't be better off without it. The difference between us is however that you seem to think making it illegal causes it to go away.We can't make it go away. What we have to do is decide on the best way to manage it. I'm saying that you can't simply pass a law and stick your head in the sand acting like you solved the problem.

Stick my head in the sand? I'm not the one that smoked an ounce a week for ten years. Respectfully.

Really great Christian attitude there wanting to judge me by something you know I said I quit over 19 years ago. Nothing respectful about that.

The sticking your head in the sand is your thinking the problem is fixed because you make it illegal,but you already know that. You don't have a good argument so you resorted to questioning my character. I really expected better from you.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What I'd like to see is some incentive for people not to abuse drugs of any kind, some creative incentive. I'll throw some wild ass sheit out as an example, possibly a poor example, but you get the idea.

Real punishment for repeat offenders that damage society. Actual restitution, not $ paid to the govt but work and effort paid back to society, preferably in drug use prevention and reparations. Scrubbing graffiti off of walls, lecturing kids in school about the damage drugs do in society, working at charities like community gardens.

Work programs that hurt, busting rocks into gravel with a sledgehammer. Cutting firewood for elderly people. Building trails. Cleaning ditches, developing wetlands projects, reforestation after a fire, maintaining public buildings and grounds to save taxpayer dollars.

Education on the effects of drug use. Classroom time. Photos of carnage caused by drug use. Hundreds of hours of it so it sinks in.

Public caning for chronic offenders. Pain is a fantastic teacher.

Going the other way, how about incentives to stay clean? What if there were advantages for testing negative for chronic abusers?

Tax incentives, education incentives, home loan incentives, car loan incentives, I don't know, use your imagination. If drug abusers are going to cost us X amount of dollars for their abuse of chemicals, invest a portion of that into cleaning them up. Give them a reason to stay clean, as many reasons as imagination can come up with. Doesn't have to be money. Lots of ways to reward people for positive behavior.

but instead, with leadership like O gave us, he condoned bad behavior and encouraged unhealthy lifestyles. it starts from the top. We need anti-drug leadership and unyielding standards for society that take us BACK, yes back, to a time when people acknowledged some behaviors are harmful and shouldn't be encouraged.

What we've got in America is a society that has grown accustomed to destructive behavior with not enough negative consequences for it. Whether it's crime or drug use, there should be strong incentive to maintain a healthy lifestyle and make good choices.

What's sad is it's gone on so long now we find ourselves in a position where the people no longer police themselves and make healthy choices, but the govt needs to step in and say, "ENOUGH!".

LOL
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
On the subject of pot heads, they are worthless chits on the jobsite... now meth heads, them sum'bitchs will go gang busters until they drop, if you can keep them in the right direction.

I'm sure pot heads make good MBAs and such.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I actually agree with that. I wouldn't argue that we wouldn't be better off without it. The difference between us is however that you seem to think making it illegal causes it to go away.We can't make it go away. What we have to do is decide on the best way to manage it. I'm saying that you can't simply pass a law and stick your head in the sand acting like you solved the problem.

Stick my head in the sand? I'm not the one that smoked an ounce a week for ten years. Respectfully.

Really great Christian attitude there wanting to judge me by something you know I said I quit over 19 years ago. Nothing respectful about that.

The sticking your head in the sand is your thinking the problem is fixed because you make it illegal,but you already know that. You don't have a good argument so you resorted to questioning my character. I really expected better from you.

I agree, some peoples only form of retort is to insult your wife & kick your dog...followed by a vile rant of vulgarity only used as a diversionary tactic for lack of logic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I'd like to see is some incentive for people not to abuse drugs of any kind, some creative incentive. I'll throw some wild ass sheit out as an example, possibly a poor example, but you get the idea.

Real punishment for repeat offenders that damage society. Actual restitution, not $ paid to the govt but work and effort paid back to society, preferably in drug use prevention and reparations. Scrubbing graffiti off of walls, lecturing kids in school about the damage drugs do in society, working at charities like community gardens.

Work programs that hurt, busting rocks into gravel with a sledgehammer. Cutting firewood for elderly people. Building trails. Cleaning ditches, developing wetlands projects, reforestation after a fire, maintaining public buildings and grounds to save taxpayer dollars.

Education on the effects of drug use. Classroom time. Photos of carnage caused by drug use. Hundreds of hours of it so it sinks in.

Public caning for chronic offenders. Pain is a fantastic teacher.

Going the other way, how about incentives to stay clean? What if there were advantages for testing negative for chronic abusers?

Tax incentives, education incentives, home loan incentives, car loan incentives, I don't know, use your imagination. If drug abusers are going to cost us X amount of dollars for their abuse of chemicals, invest a portion of that into cleaning them up. Give them a reason to stay clean, as many reasons as imagination can come up with. Doesn't have to be money. Lots of ways to reward people for positive behavior.

but instead, with leadership like O gave us, he condoned bad behavior and encouraged unhealthy lifestyles. it starts from the top. We need anti-drug leadership and unyielding standards for society that take us BACK, yes back, to a time when people acknowledged some behaviors are harmful and shouldn't be encouraged.

What we've got in America is a society that has grown accustomed to destructive behavior with not enough negative consequences for it. Whether it's crime or drug use, there should be strong incentive to maintain a healthy lifestyle and make good choices.

What's sad is it's gone on so long now we find ourselves in a position where the people no longer police themselves and make healthy choices, but the govt needs to step in and say, "ENOUGH!".

Admit it, you've been meeting with Putin too...OMG

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Did you notice the "respectfully"? Not trying to cut you down, but be frank, why did you smoke that much pot for ten years? Isn't it an escape mechanism?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Puppets don't impress me. Why hide?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I agree, some peoples only form of retort is to insult your wife & kick your dog...followed by a vile rant of vulgarity only used as a diversionary tactic for lack of logic.

Who's the character assassin here?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You got your 10 pages. I'm not going to argue anymore with potheads, ex-potheads, pot apologists, societal anarchists, children of the 60's, any of it.

*OK, a little more... grin

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/11/17.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon allows the sale of recreational marijuana but allowed counties to opt out, that's why you see tons of pot shops in Western Oregon but Malheur county in very conservative Eastern Oregon has none. Bravo! They let the folks make the decision at the most local level possible.

It's for sale in Huntington, so the net says

https://headshopfinder.com/head-shops-in-huntington-or.php

Product and prices

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/hotbox-farms

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Puppets don't impress me. Why hide?

More delusional insults and twisted lies, hurry up the Andy Griffith show starts in 10 minutes.

Page 11 of 47 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,517
Posts18,509,595
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.