-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I firmly believe in government at the lowest level is best. To that end, it's legal in my house.

And the tax revenue has let me buy three new rifles in the past week alone. Off the books, of course...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I hope you'll be ok with me not really giving a sheit what you think.

Why do all women say the same things?
Clark

Words hurt Clark.

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mog75
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Ten pages easy.

+10 wink

I now say 20! We got Seafire and Fireball2 fired up we might make it to 25.

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Funny to me that a couple of guys blame Oregon being fugged up because of legal weed. Weed didn't become legal until 2015, and it was fugged up long before that.

^^Stop making sense!!^^

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

If it's legal in your state, who am I to judge...is bad logic ?

Can my state start a season on Bald Eagles?

Dave

I'd prefer not, but if your legislature passes the bill then your voter constituency has spoken. I just hope I don't live in your state, and maybe that's why Franklin wanted the wild turkey to be our national bird grin

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

If it's legal in your state, who am I to judge...is bad logic ?

Can my state start a season on Bald Eagles?

Dave

Some states need one.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

He pulled it right out of his ass.!

Mind altering substances. Read it slowly.

Can you provide a source for your 90% number?

Yeah, my apologies. Most days it's closer to 100% in the local police reports.

Would it matter to the argument if the number was only 40%? Would that number be ok with you? How about 60%? It's normal here to see every single police report full of drug related offenses. Sorry if that's not good enough for you. If you're looking for an argument, there's your in, but it doesn't change the drug culture and it's effect on the rest of society.

From 40% to 90% is a huge difference in the degree of the problem and the level of associated intervention, expense, and number of people who we choose to incarcerate as a result. We also need to understand how imposing penalties as it related to drugs changes people behavior in negative ways, such as allowing corruption in government and creating incentives to commit murder.

It's not sufficient to say something is bad, the better question is bad in relation to what alternative, and that requires an accurate assessment of the degree of problem.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/11/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want to see Trump make a stand against drug abuse. Life will again have meaning, rights will be wronged, the earth will be righted on it's axis once more.

All the apologists will be screaming bloody murder, because they don't like to be told no.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

He pulled it right out of his ass.!

Mind altering substances. Read it slowly.

Can you provide a source for your 90% number?

Yeah, my apologies. Most days it's closer to 100% in the local police reports.

Would it matter to the argument if the number was only 40%? Would that number be ok with you? How about 60%? It's normal here to see every single police report full of drug related offenses. Sorry if that's not good enough for you. If you're looking for an argument, there's your in, but it doesn't change the drug culture and it's effect on the rest of society.

From 40% to 90% is a huge difference in the degree of the problem and the level of associated intervention, expense, and number of people who we choose to incarcerate as a result. We also need to understand how imposing penalties as it related to drugs changes people behavior in negative ways, such as allowing corruption in government and creating incentives to commit murder.

It's not sufficient to say something is bad, the better question is bad in relation to what alternative, and that requires an accurate assessment of the degree of problem.

The evidence of the degradation of society is everywhere. I don't know where you're from, but read your hometown police reports.

LOL
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You're more than welcome to hold your opinions about pot or any other matter but I think we disagree quite a bit on the role of government.

You seem to want it to incentivize this or discourage that, my expectation is for the government to stay the hell out of my life as much as possible, and to let me and everybody else make our own choices. Only when my or others' choices directly damage someone else would I expect government to step in. I highlight "directly" since "indirectly" is the precipice of a 90 degree slope. Someone eating too much is indirectly hurting me by raising the cost of health care and insurance rates. Someone breathing oxygen is indirectly hurting me by taking it away from me... argumentum absurdum to be sure but "indirectly" quickly degrades into justifying the absurd. And that's not speculation given the outlawing of Big Gulps in NY or wherever it was fer cryin' out loud.

I want government to step in when someone endangers me directly by driving under the influence of any ability impairing substance. I want the government to set national standards so an ounce in Oregon weighs the same as an ounce in Florida, inadvertent drug reference notwithstanding.

But directing me to lead a better life? Better according to who?

Organize the national defense, regulate interstate commerce so one state doesn't impose border tariffs on another and a few other things. But keep the moralizing out of it.

Every government that ever tried to impose morality on its citizens has failed in the attempt and only made whatever situation they were trying to cure far worse.

Excellent post. I know I shouldn't be, but I keep being surprised at how many people want more government controls in their lives. Actually that's perhaps not entirely accurate; they want more government control of others people's lives, particularly those doing things they don't like. In this they remind me very much of modern day SJW's and liberals. They somehow feel that they have the right not to be exposed to anything they don't like or find annoying, and denying people their freedoms is fine if those freedoms annoy you. These are the people we call "snowflakes", because they are oh so special and must not be exposed to anything they don't like, lest they throw a hissy fit.

I don't use drugs or even alcohol simply because I don't enjoy their effects. However I've worked with and known plenty of people who do. Some were great, responsible people and others were hardly worth the oxygen they used. I've also worked with and known lots of people who use neither drugs nor alcohol. Guess what, some where great, responsible people and others where complete turds. In fact, the two young kids who I work with now both smoke pot on a daily basis, but not till after work. Both of them are in every way superior workers and people to the two other older guys there who don't smoke pot. Why isn't it making them lazy, stupid criminals? I've worked with people for years before I found out they liked to smoke a little pot, and had no idea. If they want to do that, and can remain functional and productive people, what business is it of mine or the governments?

I don't really care if people are stupid, until they get to the point of being dangerously stupid. We have a couple dangerously stupid people here. When someone advocates the governmental right to punish or even kill someone for something as minor as smoking a little pot, that's a dangerous stupidity. People like that are far more dangerous to society than potheads could ever be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prison is the new rehab for addicts ? I don't follow the philosophy.

Education and addiction centers would cost less and be more effective, the dealers need prison time not the addicts.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Excellent post. I know I shouldn't be, but I keep being surprised at how many people want more government controls in their lives. Actually that's perhaps not entirely accurate; they want more government control of others people's lives, particularly those doing things they don't like. In this they remind me very much of modern day SJW's and liberals. They somehow feel that they have the right not to be exposed to anything they don't like or find annoying, and denying people their freedoms is fine if those freedoms annoy you. These are the people we call "snowflakes", because they are oh so special and must not be exposed to anything they don't like, lest they throw a hissy fit.

I don't really care if people are stupid, until they get to the point of being dangerously stupid. We have a couple dangerously stupid people here. When someone advocates the governmental right to punish or even kill someone for something as minor as smoking a little pot, that's a dangerous stupidity. People like that are far more dangerous to society than potheads could ever be.

Nailed it!

Last edited by bigfish9684; 03/11/17.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Make pot illegal and attending church at least twice a week mandatory. Get rid of state governments and quash the people's voice. All proclamations regarding our freedoms should come from the federal government. The Feds "gave" us our rights and they'll take them back as we prove our collective inability to follow our king.

As soon as Oregon makes pot illegal again we'll see the state transformed into a straight up perfect utopia, just like it was before the wacky tabacky became legal.

There are quite a few anti-freedom fighters that have obviously suffered some serious ass rape at the hands of crazed negroes high on pot.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, pot smoking is great until it isn't, then you'll want something done, or you'll fire them.

Just yesterday a 15 year old kid got run over and killed by a drug addict here in my small town. I guess since it's just one person and a very small percentage of the overall number of people, his parents should be ok with it since the drug addict has rights to his personal freedoms.

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yeah, pot smoking is great until it isn't, then you'll want something done, or you'll fire them.

Just yesterday a 15 year old kid got run over and killed by a drug addict here in my small town. I guess since it's just one person and a very small percentage of the overall number of people, his parents should be ok with it since the drug addict has rights to his personal freedoms.

Challenge: Post the story/link. Prove he was A) a drug addict and B) impaired at the time of the incident.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Do it for the children....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just made fresh popcorn.

Carry on. laugh

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The problem with your ultimatum, which I see for what it is, fuel for a fight, is that your intent seems to be to defend drug users or discredit me so my position can be discounted. For the record, you could completely discredit me but that wouldn't change the drug argument. Recreational drug use including MJ has no place in our society. It is of no value.

Of course there's no toxicology report (yet) to back up my assertion that the guy is a drug addict. But there was heroine in the car. His driving pretty much speaks for itself, but you are free to draw your own conclusions. We see it all the time here.

http://ktvl.com/news/local/grants-pass-high-school-sophomore-killed-after-hit-by-car

http://www.kdrv.com/story/34724782/grants-pass-student-killed-in-accident-friday-morning

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Recreational drug use guns including MJ semi-auto has no place in our society. It is of no value.

Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,571
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.